🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
The mission of the Ministry of Public Service and Labour is twofold: a) To institutionalize efficiency and effectiveness in Public Service administration and management, reinforce Public Service values and principles to enhance professionalism and ethics that enable Public Service Institutions to contribute to improving the lives of the Rwandan population. b) To provide conducive environment for the creation of decent jobs and equip the workforce with vital skills to increase productivity and competitiveness for sustainable development.
📋 Job Description Details
Number of Positions : 10
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
– Key Responsibilities: Labour inspector is responsible of ensuring decent and productive jobs through ensuring labour governance, compliance inspections, labour disputes prevention and mediation, occupational safety and health and prevention of child labour.
1. Ensuring decent and productivity-based compliance inspections
– Ensuring the development of informed annual compliance plans
– Conducting compliance-based instead of traditional inspection inspections
– Building competent labour inspection personnel
– Enhancing digitalization of labour inspection systems
– Influencing the review National procurement Laws and Regulations to make Decent Work a bidding requirement
– Ensuring the establishment of partnership agreements with various Stakeholders
– Ensuring mainstreaming Decent Work into annual action plans by various Stakeholders
– Ensuring the development of reporting templates for Decent Work mainstreaming
– Conducting trainings on Decent Work mainstreaming among Stakeholders
– Establishing Decent Work mainstreaming steering committee
– Monitoring the implementation of Decent Work requirement among successful bidders
– Enhancing the role of labour inspections with priority to Decent Work indicators such as: Notification and payment of employees’ contributions to RSSB, payment of employees’ salaries through banks and other financial institutions, issuance of employment contracts to employees, etc.
– Conducting awareness campaigns among employers through media, meetings and forums on formalization of informal workers
– Enhancing the involvement and partnership with various Government Institutions, Employers and Trade Unions in the journey to formalization
– Incentivizing formalization with various opportunities
2. Ensuring workplace safety and health for conducive working environment, decent work and productivity
– Communicating the benefits of workplace Safety and Health to enterprises through media columns, trainings, brochures, meetings, forums and other means of communication;
– Providing practical guidance and tools to support a systematic, effective and efficient management of Safety and Health;
– Developing and promote practical tools to help workplaces identify and quantify business benefits;
– Conducting research studies on workplace safety and health in the business and national development
– Reinforcing enterprises to conduct prior Risk Assessment to prevent workplace hazards;
– Promoting a systematic and effective management of Safety and Health through sector/industry accreditation/certification programmes and industry training programmes;
– Recognizing excellence in Safety and Health management through awards and other schemes
– Enhancing the effectiveness of OSH committees.
3. Ensuring elimination and prevention of child labour
– Enhancing child labour prevention mainstreaming into decentralized entities Imihigo
– Enhancing community involvement in child labour prevention through awareness campaigns
– Enhancing the role of child labour prevention committees especially at Village level
– Enhancing the role of community opinion leaders in prevention of child labour
– Enhancing seamless coordination of stakeholders’ efforts on child labour.
4. Enhancing labour governance and social dialogue
– Promoting workplace cooperation for better labour relations and productivity
– Promoting collective bargaining for more enhanced working conditions
– Conducting awareness campaigns among employers and employees on the importance of social dialogue practices at establishment level in conducive employment relations and productivity
– Supporting enterprises on establishment of social dialogue practices
– Enhancing the role of compliance forums in promoting social dialogue at establishment level
– Conducting awareness campaigns on the role of collective bargaining in DW attainment
– Facilitating Social Partners on collective bargaining practices
– Conducting trainings to build effective workers representatives
– Conducting awareness campaigns among employers to embrace the role of workers representatives.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial & Labour Relations
Bachelor’s Degree in Labour Administration
Bachelor’s Degree Industrial & Labour Relations with a recognized diploma in labour law
Competency and Key Technical Skills
Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
Commitment to continuous learning
Resource management skills
Problem solving skills
Decision making skills
Time management skills
Risk management skills
Digital literacy skills
Fluency in Kinyaranda English and or French knowledge of Swahili is an added advantage
Knowledge and understanding of labour policies and law;
Understanding of proper inspection techniques
Conflict resolution skills
A transition period for professional certification requirement is three (3) years starting from 01st January, 2021. However, a new entrant without the required professional certification for a given job position shall not be eligible, one (1) year before the expiration of the transition period.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
- Are you an Employer ( Businesses & Entities of All kinds or Individuals ) Hiring or looking any kind of Online Applications & Registrations Services ? Career in Rwanda Ltd serve you in Job Advertisements & Recruitment Services, Every Online Services that you may need.
- Don’t you Have time to Apply or Updates and Optimize your Job Application File ( CVs &Resumes , online Job Profile Accounts , etc. ) ?, Don’t Hastate to Contact Career in Rwanda Ltd via WhatsApp and Call : +250785036816 / +250790518586 for any Kind Assistance , we help every Job Seeker to send a Professional and Well Updated ( CVs, Resumes, online Job Profile Accounts, etc. ) to the Concerned Employer!
- IF YOU ARE JOB SEEKER , GET UNLIMITTED DIRECT ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SERVICE BY REGISTERING HERE
VISIT CAREER IN RWANDA Ltd’s SERVICE PAGE AND GET QUICK ONLINE CAREERS /JOBS OR EDUCATIONAL APPLICATION ASSISTNCES , ADVERTISEMENT AND RECRUITMENT SERIVICES RIGHT NOW
37 All the time, 1 To day