🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
The Rwandan Organization of Professional Counselors ARCT – Ruhuka is a National Nonprofit making Organization, formed in April 30th 1998, and officially registered under the Ministerial Decree No.97/11 on 28 July 2004 and registered by Rwanda Governance Board (RGB). The organization was started to support survivors of psychological trauma, through integrated and holistic services for prevention, care, and healing to facilitate recovery for sustainable unity and reconciliation, peace, and development.
Our mission: is to lead the development and application of innovative psychosocial approaches to mental health services and strengthen professional capacity in understanding, treating, and preventing mental health problems for sustainable development.
Our Vision: ARCT-Ruhuka envisages a Rwanda where all people have access to integrated mental health services.
ARCT-RUHUKA operates country-wide and intervenes in the field of Mental health and psychosocial support that contributes directly to building peace at individual, family, and community levels.
In partnership with International Alert, ARCT-Ruhuka will be implementing a 3- years USAID-funded “Dufatanye Urumuri” project that will operate across 30 districts in Rwanda. ARCT-Ruhuka wishes to recruit 5 highly motivated and competent individuals to work as project field officers based in Gasabo (Kigali city), Kayonza (Eastern province), Huye (Southern province), Musanze (Northern province), and Karongi (Western province)
Dufatanye Urumuri (Light) Project” will contribute to Healing and Reconciliation at a community level in the 30 districts of operation, where each Project field officer will coordinate at least 6 Districts.
📋 Job Description Details
2. POSITION: Project Field officers
The purpose of the position is to support the overall implementation and day-to-day coordination, monitoring, and evaluation of “Dufatanye Urumuri (Light) Project” in their respective areas of operation.
Job Title: Project Field Officer
Reports to: Program Manager (PM)
Duty Station: One of the 5 Districts of Gasabo , Kayonza , Huye , Musanze and Karongi
2.1. Key Duties: Under the supervision of the ARCT-Ruhuka Program Manager, the Project field officers will be responsible for the following:
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work as the contact person for “Dufatanye Urumuri (Light) Project” in the districts of operation
- Coordinate project activities across the assigned 6 districts of operation.
- Overall day to day planning, management, implementation, and coordination of project activities
- Develop a detailed project implementation /work plan and provide professional progress reports including; weekly, monthly quarterly, and annual Plans and Reports.
- Carry out Psychosocial and social cohesion training needs assessment to identify existing gaps for building capacities and appropriate interventions.
- Organize and conduct training of Community Psychosocial Workers,
- Support provision of Clinical Supervision to the Trained Community Psychosocial Workers (CPWs)
- Work closely with M&E to develop monitoring and evaluation tools for project intervention, that will help to capture project progress and impact over time
- Ensure achievement of project results in respect with logical framework and the M&E indicators therein
- Regularly monitor and collect necessary data and create project database in excel sheet
- Work closely with other partners to create synergy among different interveners
- Receive clients / handle referred cases by CPWs for further professional counseling as needed
- Attend project coordination and organized steering committee meetings and represent ARCT –Ruhuka as required
- Putting in place strategies to ensure high quality and professional services to the beneficiaries and Do No Harm approach
- Create and maintain networks of relevant interveners/stakeholders for referral purposes, and maintain their database for the sustainability of the project
- Create and maintain a regular project documentation database with clear statistics, best practices /lessons learned, challenges and strategies, and well-elaborated success stories
- Perform other duties as assigned.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
3. Essential Skills/Qualities Required
- Ability to coordinate, motivate people, and work effectively in teams and partnerships with a various communities and groups of stakeholders
- A person of integrity and trust worthy , transparent and accountable
- Demonstrate leadership, managerial, and coordination skills
- Proven ability to develop Professional modules, provide training, clinical supervision, and counseling for individual couples and groups.
- Good interpersonal, negotiation, mediation, and communication skills
- Developed computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, e-mail, outlook, and others
- Good M&E Skills and or strong background.
- Developed level of initiative, creativity and able to work semi-independently and solve problems under tight deadlines and minimum supervision
- Living or ready to work and live in a rural setting
- Able and ready to move using local transport and long distances
4. Education and Experience required
- Bachelor degree (A0 ) in Professional Counseling, Clinical psychology, Peace and Conflict Management, Social work, or other related disciplines with at least 3 years practical field experience
- A Diploma (A1) in the above-related fields with Certificate in counseling and at least 5 years of field practical experience
- Previous experience in training and clinical supervision and counseling is required
- Proven experience in a variety of areas including, peacebuilding, healing & psychosocial support, social cohesion, and clinical interventions
- Prior experience working in similar field and work environment is an added advantage
Proficiency in the English is required (spoken and written); Kinyarwanda is obligatory and French is an added value.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Signed CV with most recent experiences and at least 3 referees
- Notified copies of academic qualifications
- Copy of ID
- Driving permit (Category A ) for Motorcycles
The above-required documents should be addressed to The Chairperson, ARCT-Ruhhuka. Documents can be deposited ARCT-Ruhuka Head Offices in Kibagabaga, not later than Sunday, 3rd October 2021 at 12:00 noon or by Email with all the required documents attached to: email@example.com; For any other information, please contact us on telephone no 250 787104307 (ARCT-Ruhuka Mobile Phone) during working hours.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done at Kigali 24/09/2021
VISIT CAREER IN RWANDA Ltd’s SERVICE PAGE AND GET QUICK ONLINE CAREERS /JOBS OR EDUCATIONAL APPLICATION ASSISATNCES RIGHT NOW
36 All the time, 1 To day