Business Development Manager at SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL : Kigali , Rwanda (Deadline: 19th July 2022)
📋 Job Description Details
|TITLE: Business Development Manager|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Kumwe Hub||LOCATION: Kigali, Rwanda|
|GRADE: 2||CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year renewable contract|
Level 3: the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director of Kumwe Hub
Staff reporting to this post: 0 – Proposal Writers and other consultants as needed
|ROLE SCOPE AND PURPOSE:
Identification of donor opportunities
• Identify, research, and disseminate information on new funding opportunities from institutional and non-institutional donors (private sector, foundations and philanthropists).
• Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities, either as a prime or sub-recipient in joint ventures.
• Explore and test potential private sector partnerships and keep abreast of local funding environment.
• Pro-actively seek donor intelligence on prospective new opportunities or partnerships.
• Provide updated information to Member offices (e.g. SC UK, SC USA) to stimulate increased and new investments in the Kumwe Hub.
• Work with the Head of New Business to ensure key contacts, required formats and donor strategies are kept up-to-date at the country office level.
Facilitate donor engagement
• Cultivate excellent working relationships with donor agencies at regional and country level as appropriate and as indicated by the line manager.
• Cultivate excellent working relationships with SC members at head office and regional level
• Represent Kumwe Hub in relevant donor fora, workshops and conferences, where new business development opportunities can be formulated, as indicated by the line manager.
Coordinate proposal development
• Direct involvement in the development of proposals and bids. Provides leadership, co-ordination and direct input and support to proposal development teams.
• Set and track proposal development timelines and ensure coordination amongst teams – Programme Development and Quality (PDQ), Programme Operations, Finance, Human Resource, Security and Member Services, and external stakeholders (if relevant).
• Set proposal development processes including needs assessments; organization and facilitation of project designing meetings and workshops with concerned experts and managers.
• In collaboration with Director of Kumwe Hub and Head of New Business, identify needs for additional technical support and resources required to support proposal development.
• Represent Kumwe Hub generally (along with technical experts) in consortium meetings regarding proposal development.
• Ensure that Programme Quality Framework is addressed in new proposals and that key elements of programme quality are included (e.g. child participation, child safeguarding, lessons learned from past proposals, accountability, risk assessments, effective partnership strategy, etc.).
Capacity building, Mentoring and Development
• Support on the job skills development of colleagues in programme and operations – i.e. proposal development, donor engagement, consortia development etc.
• Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects our dual mandate values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our members and donors.
• Any other responsibilities assigned to you by your line manager
|BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
• Is approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
Degree in business management, international development or other related field, or equivalent experience.
|EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Experience supporting strategic planning, programme design and proposal development;
• Excellent writing/editing skills, budget development skills and presentation/communication skills.
• Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
• Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of project budgets.
• Results oriented, with excellent ability to work under pressure. The position requires effective time management, multi-tasking and strong coordination and planning skills.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiating.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets.
• Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
• Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
• Commitment to SC’s and Kumwe Hub’s values.
• A conceptual and theoretical understanding of innovation and impact investing, particularly with a focus on helping children achieve their rights.
|Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience. This is especially true at Kumwe Hub owing to our ‘start up’ set up.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
|Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SC’s anti-harassment policy
|Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SC’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
🌐 How to Apply
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Jobs /Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Hiring & HR Managements related Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner in finding Dreamed Job to achieve your career success by simply helping you in the following CAREER & JOB SEARCH SERVICES : CV, Resume and Cover Letter SERVICES , Job Search, Online Job Application Assistances, Soft Skills & Career Advisory Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 READ all career Opportunities across world wide Job Market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
1,290 All the time, 2 To day