🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd is a General insurance company providing various general insurance products in Rwanda since May 2017. It is regulated by the National Bank of Rwanda and since inception the company has been on an upward trend, experiencing steady growth both on turnover and profitability.
The Company is part of the network of Mayfair Insurance companies across the region (Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda and Uganda, and DRC). The Head-office of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd is located in Makuza Peace Plaza, 2nd Floor.
📋 Job Description
Reports to: Finance Manager.
Supervises: Cashier, Assistant Accountant & other Clerical Staff
Job Purpose Statement
The Accountant will be responsible and accountable for keeping proper financial records of the company and the preparation of accurate financial reports.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Examining bank statements and reconciling them with general ledger entries.
- Prepare and file monthly statutory deductions (PAYE, RSSB, VAT, Maternity, etc.…).
- Examine the proficiency of the software programs used to organize data.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Provide technical support and advice on management.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
- Work with internal and external audits in providing them with necessary information.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Communicate effectively with clients.
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed
The Accountant must have:
- At least bachelor’s degree in, finance, accounting, economics, or related field;
- Having a professional qualification in CPA or ACCA is an added value.
Job Experience Needed
- At least two (2) years working experience in an insurance company or related field
- Previous experience in the finance department of an insurance company will be an added value.
Job Skills and Other Training Needed
- Strong knowledge in accounting and international financial reporting standard;
- Demonstrated skills in Rwandan tax laws and regulations;
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills;
- Thorough knowledge of General Ledger accounting and account reconciliation;
- Experience with accounting software;
- Highly detail Oriented;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda; basic French knowledge would be a plus;
- Ability to work independently with minimal close-support from a supervisor;
- Ability to work with a variety of personnel.
- Required documents
- Application letter addressed to the Managing Director of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd;
- Updated signed CV;
- Academic documents;
- Professional course progress report or certificate;
- Copy of national ID card/passport.
🌐 How to Apply
The application addressed to the Managing Director of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd shall be submitted at the head-office of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd located in the building Makuza Peace Plaza, 2nd Floor, by using the ”Apply Now for this job” button below not later than 21st April 2021 at 5h:00 PM (Local time).
NB: 1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for tests and/or interviews.
- The successful candidate will be required to bring more documents as per our internal policy requirements.
Done at Kigali, on 14th April 2021.
MUHIMUZI Mugisha Daniel
GOOD LUCK IN EVERY OPPORTUNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – © 2021 ACR COMPANY Ltd All rights reserved
34 All the time, 1 To day