🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Administration and Finance Professional for several programmes implemented by GIZ in Rwanda GIZ Africa Union Programme on AfCFTA
Digitizing Global Trade and other projects under the Cluster Sustainable Growth in Rwanda
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy, and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The African Union (AU), established as a unique Pan African continental body, was charged with the responsibility to coordinate and provide overall guidance for the negotiations on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA). The AfCFTA entered into force on May 30, 2019, and implementation is set to start in January 2021.
This project in support of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) works in close collaboration with the Department of Trade and Industries (DTI) of the African Union, AfCFTA Secretariat, Member States and partners such as UNECA, the International Trade Centre (ITC) and a large number of African actors to support the content of free trade negotiations in the areas of trade in goods and services, trade facilitation, customs cooperation as well as on the investment protocol.
For further information see GIZ African Union
The German Alliance is pursuing a new project called Digitizing Global Trade (DGT) which will be implemented in six countries out of one is Rwanda (besides Cambodia, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya and Montenegro). The DGT project is part of the develoPPP.de programme. Implemented in close cooperation with Deutsche Post DHL, the project aims at digitizing trade in Rwanda over a three-year timeframe from 2021 until 2023. It pursues the goal to enhance trade facilitation through the efficient movement of goods, consistent with the main components of the WTO
TFA. This is achieved by businesses providing digital cargo information on goods prior to arrival to border agencies, enabling them to use this data for risk assessment at the earliest possible opportunity and targeted controls in a more focused and timely manner.
Fixed-term: January 2023
The professional of administration and finance performs the following responsibilities and tasks for the following projects:
- GIZ Africa Union Programme on AfCFTA
- Digitizing Global Trade and other projects under the Cluster Sustainable Growth in Rwanda
- Ensures that financial and administrative regulations are complied with GIZ standard procedures.
- Identifies relevant problems and issues and assisting in formulating implementation-oriented solutions.
- Ensures good communication and flow of information within the project/programme and with the GIZ offices.
- Representing the projects at GIZ Country Office and act as liaison person
- Responsible for organizing administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (organizing meetings and workshops, preparation of letters and documents for the respective projects, and other tasks related to project management)
- Procurement of office materials; monitoring the availability of accessories and stocks and carrying out procurement in accordance with guidelines
- Maintain an inventory for the office according to GIZ rules and guidelines
- Ensure that computers and software function properly
- Liaise with the GIZ Country Office on all admin, finance, and contract-related processes, strong collaboration with the respective finance managers in the projects in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and Eschborn, Germany
Finance and contract
- Responsible for cash based on the vouchers collected daily
- Reconcile the cash book and cash account daily
- Report any surplus or shortfall in cash
- Is involved in drawing up the annual internal controlling schedule and reports
- Process settlement of applications for the reimbursement of travel expenses
- Support the technical experts in the preparation of contracts, checking the contracts for completeness and checking of financial documents from consultants/consulting firms; monitor the progress of the contracts and prepare invoices
- Filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules Project management and other tasks
- Ensuring that all rules according to data protection are followed
- Strong cooperation with the data protection division in GIZ Headquarters
- Acting as the digital/IT focal point for the mentioned projects
- Taking on all other necessary tasks that might occur
💼 Job Specification
Qualifications and Professional experience:
- BA/BSc in business management with a focus on finance, purchasing or contract management or similar area
- Experience in the area of admin, finance, procurement, and/or service contracts, including experience in project management
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English; fluency in French is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competencies:
- Excellent and independent working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (especially MS Office including Outlook, word, excel, ppt, as well as MS Teams and internet)
- Excellent management and organizational skills; strong communication skills, being able to get a message transported to the point
- Persistent and focused on the tasks, but at the same time creative and open-minded
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
🌐 How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 19th April 2021, by e-mail to email@example.com
The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please, let us know if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for an assessment/interview or that you wish us to take into account when considering your application. Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ Office Rwanda reserves all rights!!
GOOD LUCK IN EVERY OPPORTUNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – © 2021 ACR COMPANY Ltd All rights reserved
42 All the time, 1 To day