ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCE ASSISTANT at Alight(Deadline: September 28th 2022 at 16:00hrs)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCE ASSISTANT
ALIGHT (formerly American Refugee Committee) works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security and self-sufficiency.
ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full time staff, community mobilizers and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities.
And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven and committed individual to join its team as Administrative and Finance Assistant with term contract for three Months, to be located in any one of the refugee sites in Rwanda where ALIGHT has active operations and programming.
The Administrative and Finance Assistant (AFA) serves as the focal point for finance, administrative and human resource matters at the field level. Working closely with the Site Manager, he/she is in charge of ensuring that Alight rules and procedures, financial controls and accountability mechanisms are well implemented and followed, supporting programs through maintaining records, managing official documents, providing monthly financial reporting, facilitating casual labor payroll, and reviewing procurements against spending plans.
- Oversee the day-to-day monitoring and input of field financial and monetary transactions;
- Maintain and manage petty cash disbursements;
- Submit monthly closing of financial reports to Alight Kigali finance on a timely basis;
- Prepare timely budgets, cash requests and accounting reports;
- Monitor grant spending and projections, as informed by sector leads;
- Maintain all financial files and calculate expenses by grants and remaining balances as requested;
- Prepare all required financial and administrative reports as scheduled;
- Develop and maintain updated computer programs that support and facilitate the maintenance of files and the production of reports;
- Certify casual laborers attendance sheets and prepare casual laborers payroll, including payment sheets;
Human Resources Activities
- Submit Administrative report, leave report, timesheet report and payslips report to HR Office;
- Track and maintain payment of all-necessary taxes, utilities, and leases;
- Review/certify procurement requisitions against site budgets and knowledge of current market data;
- Monitor staff attendance to curb the abscondence malpractice at the site and overall late coming of all staff;
- Explain the HR process to staff at site Level and give a field orientation to newly hired staff;
- Responsible for all administrative affairs of the field office, maintain a good filing system for all program and project related documents, including official letters, personnel files and other official documents;
- Be the overall focal person of Head Office Correspondences and ensure that all correspondences are tracked, dispatched to the rightful owners and sent back to Kigali for proper filling;
- Support and Coordinate with HR during any off boarding of a field staff;
- Notify HR- Officer of any problem, concerns or feedback on HR Matters;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor or any other Alight Senior Manager;
- Exhibit the values of respect, team-spirit, non-violence, impartiality, humor, simplicity in work-style and integrity – transparency, accountability and ethical behavior in daily organizational activities.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Management, Accounting or any other related field;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Administration and accounting field;
- Self-confidence and ability to hold to high accountability standards;
- Ability to perform basic accounting and budgeting functions, using spreadsheets;
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and report writing skills;
- Experience creating monthly financial reports and spending projections;
- Previous experience with a Development or Relief Organization preferred;
- Demonstrated advanced communications, presentation and inter-personal skills, including fluency in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and standard applications required:
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated, client-oriented with a strong sense of personal ethic, integrity and detail oriented;
- Diplomatic skills and strong ability to resolve conflicts and build relations with diverse stakeholders;
- High level of flexibility and tolerance to ambiguity;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision;
- Capacity for effective planning and management, including of risks and concern areas;
- Ability and willingness to live and work full-time in rural, low resource and isolated areas of Rwanda;
- Quick understanding of new techniques, highly flexible and excellent ability to adapt to new environment;
- Strength of determination in producing creative solutions when working with own initiative or as part of a team in a challenging environment,
- Analytical and strategic thinking and results orientation /commitment to excellence;
- Excellent Interpersonal skills /emotional intelligence.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Interested and qualified candidates should submit 1page Cover letter, and updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title and contacts of three professional referees, to include most recent or current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) – via email only to: RWJobs@wearealight.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is September 28th 2022 at 16:00hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ALIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
APPLY NOW :
Other Related Posts to READ:
- All Job Opportunities 2022
- All Internships Opportunities 2022
- All Tenders Opportunities 2022
- All Educational Opportunities 2022
NOTICE! : For More Employment Opportunities daily News & Bulletins , Follow our Tweeter | WhatsApp Groups | Facebook Page | Instagram | Join Facebook Group | LinkedIn Page | Useful Job Exam Questionnaires .
698 All the time, 2 To day