Administrative Assistant Rwanda Administration/Office Support at World Bank: (Deadline 20 April 2022)
📋 Job Description Details
Do you want to build a truly worthwhile career? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries—a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant will work as part of the administrative and resource management staff in the Country Office. Under the general supervision of the Resource Management Analyst, s/he would carry out the following duties and accountabilities:
- Provide support to staff by updating staff list; managing office access, processing incoming and outgoing pouch weekly; managing daily transport deployment and producing the related reports in compliance with the World Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the Resource Management Team in processing accounting and administrative transactions for the country office; and ensure that all transactions are made in compliance with the World Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Assist in the posting of purchase orders (POs) for goods & services and maintaining inventory in SAP. Monitor usage of office consumables/supplies and produce monthly reports.
- Assist in asset management tasks including physical verification, maintenance, recording, reconciliation, monitor movements and participate in asset disposal activities.
- Handle routine data entry and correspondence, including filing of accounting, administrative documents, and Resource Management records.
- Compile VAT claims and other statutory requirements for submission to government monthly.
- Initiate and process appointments for Short Term Temporaries (STTs) and Short-Term Consultants (STCs) in system for the Country Office.
- Ensure that service providers’ maintenance contracts for the office building facility are valid and up to date; and that office services are provided and monitored on a regular basis.
- Handle vendor registration for firms and organizations.
- Support the preparation of quarterly budget reports.
- Identify and resolve diverse accounting and administrative transactional issues as they arise, often requiring interpretation of procedures and processes; independently determine appropriate application in consultation with the accounting team members.
- Respond to Quality Assurance Services or other reviewing units as required.
- Undertake ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases, retrieve, manipulate, and present accounting and administrative data as needed from time to time.
- Provide appropriate back up to colleagues and perform other tasks assigned with respect to the Country Office program.
In addition to the selection criteria below, the successful candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to process accounting and administrative transactions in accordance to accounting/procurement policies and World Bank code of conduct.
- Ability to resolve transactional issues requiring interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Awareness of guidelines for processing transactions and the relevant internal control components.
- Can analyze data and business processes to determine the viability of controls and procedures and identify any issues or areas of risk.
- Ability to organize own work and to complete assigned tasks within agreed timeline.
- Has good organizational skills, and the ability to work capably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- The suitable candidate should be a holder of a bachelor’s degree Diploma (or higher) or associate degree in accounting or a related discipline with at least three years of working experience, preferably in computerized work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; commitment to team-oriented work in a multi-disciplinary matrix management environment.
- Demonstrated skills in retrieving/obtaining accounting and administrative information from various sources and pulling them together in a useable format.
- Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments as required and ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with external vendors to provide high level services to the office.
- Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness, effective time management, organizational skills, and ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the supervisor and respond to client requests.
- Strong English language skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to pass relevant World Bank Group tests in transaction processing.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 20th/ April/ 2022
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
UBU Biroroshyeeeeeeeeeeeee , Witindaa, Saba Service ushaka kuri WIDECareers Group Ltd byihuse unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
💼 Interview Tips | Permanent TOP Ten (10) Interview Questions and how you can answer them , Click the Link to read more : 👉🏽 https://widecareers.com/permanent-top-ten-10-interview-questions-and-how-you-can-answer-them/
40 All the time, 1 To day