Organization or Fund Offering Scholarship
The Mastercard Foundation (MCF)
The Mastercard Foundation is an independent foundation based in Toronto, Canada. It is one of the largest private foundations in the world. Through its work with partner organizations, it provides greater access to education, skills training and financial services for people living in poverty, primarily in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Foundation was established as an independent entity in 2006 by MasterCard Worldwide when it became a public company. No company executives serve on the Foundation’s Board of Directors. All decisions are determined by the Foundation’s Board of Directors and President and CEO.
University or Academic Institution at which Scholarship will be Offered
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (MCFSP at KNUST) provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education.
The Program offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to be change leaders. The Scholars Program embodies an array of services including mentorship, cultural transition, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
📋 Scholarship Description
Scholarship Title or Level or Program
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
Our goal is to raise the next generation of ethical and transformational leaders who would influence change on the African Continent.
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- And prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
💼 Scholarship Specification
Scholarship Eligibility or Who is Eligible
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST is for Every one in Africa , You can Apply regardless Wherever you are !
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- All Applicants must have a WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must not be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
🌐 How to Apply
Scholarship Application Process
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
International Applicants Should Note:
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents;
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results.
Scholarship Application Documents Needed
Click the Read More and Apply For this Scholarship Now Button founds below to see documents required for Application
Scholarship Application Deadline Provided
2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE is ON OR BEFORE MONDAY, MAY 31, 2021 , Apply Early to save you Application Considered at first choice
GOOD LUCK IN EVERY OPPORTUNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – © 2021 ACR COMPANY Ltd All rights reserved
45 All the time, 3 To day