Apply Now: Finance Assistant G5 at International Organization for Migration (IOM): (Deadline: 12th April,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Finance Assistant G5
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and direct supervision of the Head of Resources Management; and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources management functions in IOM Rwanda.
Job Positing Date: 29th March,2022
Job Closing Date : 12th April,2022
Number of Job Positions
Job Payment Terms and Contract
Full-Time Contract; One Year fixed term, Twelve (12) months with possibility of extension
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in managing financial resources by monitoring and controlling assets, reserves, funds, supplies, etc. in accordance with IOM rules and regulations.
- Assist in preparing annual budget submission and revisions including estimating staff cost as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget.
- Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems.
- Assist providing guidance in accounting, budget, and financial related issues.
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results.
- Reviews all types of payments starting from purchases to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized, and all the supporting documents are attached therewith.
- Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM.
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions.
- Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered.
- Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports and other reports as required.
- Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.
- Ensure proper and systematic completion of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards.
- Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office; and,
- Perform other related duties as required.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
- High School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and French (oral and written).
- Knowledge of any other UN language is an added advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This application is open to all Rwandese citizen and any other foreign national as long as such an applicant has a right of residence and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application (IOM will not be responsible in securing such Visas or authorisations from the Government of Rwanda, any applicant of foreign nationality must provide authentic certification from Government of Rwanda in regard to right of residency and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application).
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th April 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a completed Personnel History Form (please download and fill it) and an application letter (not more than one page)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 29th March 2022 to 12th April 2022
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 12th/ April/ 2022
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
UBU Biroroshyeeeeeeeeeeeee , Witindaa, Saba Service ushaka kuri WIDECareers Group Ltd byihuse unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
💼 Interview Tips | Permanent TOP Ten (10) Interview Questions and how you can answer them , Click the Link to read more : 👉🏽 https://widecareers.com/permanent-top-ten-10-interview-questions-and-how-you-can-answer-them/
52 All the time, 1 To day