Assistant Regional Finance Director, East Africa Region at World Vision Rwanda(Deadline: Ongoing)
📋 Job Description Details
- Job Locations :
- Karen (EARO), Kenya
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Arusha, Tanzania
- Kampala, Uganda
- Kigali, Rwanda
- Time type : Full time
- job requisition id
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)Job Description:
The successful candidate can be based in any of the East African countries where WVI is registered to operate.
Strategic Financial Planning and Management
- Review monthly funding requests from Field/Regional Offices and ensure that they are in compliance with their committed budget.
- Coordinate submission of monthly requests with the Field Offices and Global Treasury.
- Assist the RFD in ensuring that cost efficiency is embedded in planning and utilization of resources. This is to ensure Field Offices and Regional Office are monitoring their spending against budget commitments to assure that spending occurs only where there are commitments and to minimize year-end overspending.
- Assist the RFD in the region’s financial planning and budgeting process.
- Ensure timely compliance of all Field offices and Regional office with the Finance calendar of activities from regular monthly, quarterly & annual reporting, Annual Budgeting, Annual Insurance and Fleet Updates and implementation of Global initiatives.
Financial Accountability and Reporting
- Monthly review of Field Office and Regional Office financial reports to ensure that the reports are reliable and provide accurate information.
- Ensure appropriate financial and monitoring frameworks are in place, and operating satisfactorily, in each National/Regional Office to support WV’s ministry in the region. This involves assisting National Offices designing and improving internal control systems and project accounting systems.
- Oversee and evaluate the region’s financial performance and efficiency through the quarterly financial scorecard issued by the Global Finance Solutions.
- Assist the RFD in enforcing mechanisms to mitigate risk in EAR.
- Support the roll out and monitoring of the implementation of the Anti-Corruption and Accountability Framework in EAR.
- Regular review and update of policies to respond to the emerging risks.
- Improved Balance sheet monitoring through regular reviews and monitoring of Field Office Balance sheets and internal controls.
- Review the EAR Finance Risk Register on Riskonnect to ensure that it is up to date.
- Full and timely implementation of finance audit findings.
- Assist the RFD to ensure acceptable audit ratings and implementation of any audit findings and Process Improvement Memos.
Regional Finance Systems and Processes
- Assume the role of Regional Finance Process Owner which includes coordination and ensuring Shared Service Full Adoption by all offices (P2P & R2R), roll out of Global initiatives and continuous process improvements, full optimization of Provision in all offices, continuous training on systems and process deployments across the offices in EAR.
- Assume the role of SunSystem/ProVision/LEAP point person for the region, which includes the co-ordination of SunSystems & LEAP point persons for the region, co-ordination of training and defining a strategy.
- Assist the RFD to build financial capacity at National/Regional Office.
- Identify gaps and collaborate with Field Offices to facilitate & coordinate training and capacity building for the staff.
- Sensitize Finance Team Leads on Capacity Building of Teams through the various learning platforms.
- Organize experience sharing engagements among FOs on different subject matters.
- Identify capacity gaps of the FOs and support/ organize learning sessions for the offices in collaboration with RFA, GFM and other subject matter experts.
- Perform special projects for the RFD as necessary. This could include researching key finance ratios to set benchmarks; developing training material for use by FO/RO finance staff (e.g. PowerPoint presentations); identifying alternative options for cost-cutting; researching cost allocation methods within the region; investigate problem areas in RO/FOs; compiling socio-economic data to assist with a model for the effective allocation of resources, etc.
- Act on behalf of the RFD during their absence.
- Attend and participate in devotional meetings.
- Any other business as may be delegated from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- High level computer literacy and knowledge of spreadsheet applications, Power BI, SUN System
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
- Knowledge of and experience with government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements preferred
- Experience in establishing and enforcing common protocols and standards throughout a large organization
- Senior leadership experience in strategic financial management
- Track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring and supervising finance staff
- Working knowledge of the WV Partnership preferred and ability to interface sensitively with people from various departments in both field, global and support offices
- Strong inter-personal skills, and proven team-player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities
- Able to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and able to lead in devotions and Chapel services
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Masters in Finance, Business Admin or Accounting Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA, or CA (Chartered Accountant) or CWA (Cost and Works Accountant) or CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- Work experience in a similar Regional role and managed remote teams
- Experience working in a challenging environment (either in a fragile context or a relief environment)
- Require significant WV Finance Leadership experience and desirable to have working experience in strategic financial management, reporting and compliance for donor funded organizations.
- Proven record of developing people in cross cultural and restricted contexts.
The closing date for receiving applications is 3 August,2022.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
🌐 How to Apply
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Jobs /Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Recruitments & HR Managements Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 READ all career Opportunities across world wide Job Market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
1,225 All the time, 1 To day