Awards Manager at Save the Children (Deadline: 11th May,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization
Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. Around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Jobs Description Details
About the Role:
The Awards Manager will provide Rwanda and Burundi country programme leadership of all Awards Management functions. He / She will manage a team of 3 staff and will liaise with all relevant departments to ensure the effective management of donor awards. Responsible and lead on strategic portfolio planning, tracking up-coming funding opportunities, donor engagement and risk management through analysis and management of information and Partnership management processes. He / She is responsible for ensuring the management of all Awards in the country and BUSO programme, from the coordination of Awards Management System (AMS) processes at proposal stage to closeouts. Provides leadership in Award progress review meetings takes required action during programme implementation, leads on any amendments, Cost Extensions, or No-Cost Extensions required and all reporting of awards in accordance with SC policies and guidelines. The post-holder reports directly to the Country Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate qualification in Finance management, Grants management or equivalent.
- At least 5 – 7 years of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent planning, management, and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities.
- Proven track record of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions.
- Extensive experience with NGOs with increasing responsibilities including a proven experience of establishing and running the award management function in the field.
- Knowledge of the requirements of major institutional donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting.
- Experience of engaging with donors at country strategy levels.
- Experience of and well developed skills in staff management and supervision. Proven strong coaching and capacity-building skills.
- Very strong capacity for attention to detail, problem solving, and analysis of trends.
- Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
- Cultural awareness and the ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
How to Apply
Mode of Application and any other relevant application information
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 11th May 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 11th/ May/ 2022
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gukora Job Application mu buryo bwihuse kandi bwizewe (Online Application Assistance & Career Counceling), saba ubufasha nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gutambutsa itangazo ry’Akazi kuri murandasi muburyo bwiza , bugezweho kandi bwihuse, rikagera kuri benshi barikeneye icyarimwe mu gihe gito ( Job Placement Services), saba iyi service nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
264 All the time, 1 To day