Business Associates at Inkomoko(Deadline: 25th September, 2022)
About the Company
Inkomoko supports entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in order to improve livelihoods and to create thriving communities.
Founded in 2012, Inkomoko has worked with more than 40,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, including thousands of refugee entrepreneurs, resulting in thousands of new jobs and more than $50M in new revenue in communities.
Inkomoko provides a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa, and seek both social impact and financial sustainability.
Inkomoko has +200 staff in 18 offices across Rwanda, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Through Inkomoko’s 2030 strategic plan, we are expanding to 5 additional countries to serve more than 100,000 entrepreneurs with our services and growing our $30M loan fund.
All staff at Inkomoko are connected to a shared set of organizational values:
Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader.
Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
Improvement: be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback.
Bravery: willing to take risks, create a safe space for others, be compassionate, inclusive.
Turikumwe/Tuko Pamoja/ Abren Nen (“We are together”): appreciate your colleagues, celebrate success, and support each other in hard times.
About the Opportunity
Inkomoko seeks a highly talented and experienced Business Associates to coordinate and work directly with our entrepreneur clients in the camps.
The position holders will be based across our locations in the Camps & secondary cities: Huye, Musanze, Nyabiheke, Mugombwa, Kigeme, Kiziba, Mahama and other secondary cities and will report to the respective Business Development Advisors.
Business Consulting & Client Relationship Management (60% of time)
Business Consulting & Client Relationship Management (60% of time)
• Intake process of program entrepreneurs and conducting monthly site visits to assess business need and opportunities
• Generate cash flow statements and profitability analyses
• Provide informed, strategic, and realistic advice to help clients meet their objectives, or shift their objectives towards better sustainability/profitability
• Ongoing site visits to provide real-time advising to solve business changes and grow businesses
• Connect clients to other INKOMOKO services, including training and access to finance
• Keep up-to-date the clients’ business information in an accurate manner in the system
• Serve as the lead through the enrolment process program entrepreneurs
• Lead the group formation process for idea stage businesses/entrepreneurs
• Serve as the financial literacy advisor to program entrepreneurs
Camp activities Coordination and Administration (30% time)
• Develop a good relationship with all partners and local authorities in and near the cam
• Provide weekly and monthly reports on time
• Represent INKOMOKO in all Camp and District stakeholder meetings
• Work closely with the Business Development team
• Advisor and the training team to organize activities such focus group consulting, refresher trainings, one on one consulting etc.
• Assist INKOMOKO staff with all in-camp communications
• Make sure activities at the Camp are done in a timely manner
• Assist the M&E team with surveys and data collection at the camp
• Provide administrative support as needed
• Supervise volunteers in all the logistics and organization of INKOMOKO activities in camp and host community
• Assist the AEC Rwanda Trustee team to follow up with clients’ loan repayments
• Supervise the volunteer to ensure all messages sent to Camp refugees, and confirm messages have been received
• Communicate program details to refugee participants, as requested by INKOMOKO
• Communicate about any challenge faced by participants during program implementation
• Perform any other duties as assigned
We are looking for candidates who will navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, a sense of humor, and imagination.
• Understanding of business concepts (Finance, Operations, HR, marketing, Business ideation, cash flow management, human-centered design & Business Model Canvas) and be able to teach these concepts to adult learners in non-traditional settings
• Understanding of Saving Groups (Group formation, management, rules and regulations, financing models, dispute resolutions)
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
• Should have minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field
• 3+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field
• Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
• Able to work under pressure
• Should be outgoing and Social, honest and professional
• Excellent communicator to audiences in Swahili, French, English and Kinyarwanda
• Must be based near the camp full time and have access to a smart phone 24/7
• Candidate should not be employed by UNHCR, MIDIMAR or MasterCard or any other organization with Camp activities currently
• Experience in consulting, business planning, and providing business advice
• Strong financial and accounting skills familiarity with Rwanda’s tax & financial policies
• Excellent computer skills, especially with MS
• Excel, Word and Google Drive
• Good written and oral communications skills
• Good presentation and training skills
What You’ll Get
This role is a tremendous opportunity to work in a high-growth, mission-driven organization. Our compensation includes both a great culture and a competitive market-based package, including:
Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth, and a commitment to inclusion and diversity
Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals across the region
Ability to make a significant social impact and contribute to economic growth
Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
Favorable policies like health insurance, staff savings program, parental leave, sabbatical program, and more.
If you have matching qualifications for the role, please submit your cover letter and CV. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please specify your preferred location in your cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Inkomoko is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Refugees, women, and persons who reflect the diverse communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply. As a company we have policies in place that promote diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels.
NB: We do not employ staff whose background is not suitable. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
APPLY NOW :
Other Related Posts to READ:
- All Job Opportunities 2022
- All Internships Opportunities 2022
- All Tenders Opportunities 2022
- All Educational Opportunities 2022
NOTICE! : For More Employment Opportunities daily News & Bulletins , Follow our Tweeter | WhatsApp Groups | Facebook Page | Instagram | Join Facebook Group | LinkedIn Page | Useful Job Exam Questionnaires .
1,775 All the time, 197 To day