Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA) Coordinator and Facilitator at International Organization for Migration (IOM) (Closing: 30th May,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization
Few Information About Us
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title : Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA) Coordinator and Facilitator
Number of Job Positions 1
Job Positing Date: 17th May,2022
Job Closing Date : 30th May,2022
💼 Job Specification
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA) Coordinator and Facilitator
Type of Appointment
General Service Staff, Grade G6 (UN salary Scale
for GS staff
One year Fixed term, with possibility of
Estimated Start Date Reference Code
As soon as possible
VN 2022/05 -RW
30 May 2022
The Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA) programme is a pre-departure orientation initiative funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and implemented by the International Organization for Migration (IOM). Since its inception in 1998, COA has provided pre-arrival Information and Orientation sessions to refugees approved for resettlement to Canada in over 60 locations worldwide.
Under the direct supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission and the technical supervision of the Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA) Global Programme Manager, the COA Coordinator and Facilitator will be responsible for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Be the focal point for the smooth implementation of the Canadian Orientation Abroad programming (telephonic, virtual, in-person orientation deliveries) for both adults and youth, in Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania and in other locations, as required.
- Liaise with partners (IOM OPS and IOM MHD) for Advanced Booking Notifications and prepare COA participant lists for all eligible refugee clients; that is, those 13 years and older.
- Liaise with IOM Departments involved in the preparation and delivery of COA sessions: Finance, Security, Logistics/Procurement, ETM/Transit Centre management, and other IOM missions as necessary.
- Liaise and represent COA vis-à-vis various stakeholders and be responsible for promoting IOM’s refugee programming to relevant stakeholders in Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania. These may be the Canadian Embassy and other partners, such as WUSC and EMPP, that may come to play a role in COA pre-departure orientation activities.
- Coordinate with IOM Finance Department in Rwanda and Kenya for the preparation of COA annual budgets and quarterly updates, in coordination with COA’s Budget Monitoring staff based in IOM Manila.
- Coordinate with IOM Kigali Finance Department and Logistics Unit to make sure that refugee clients, if eligible, get the travel reimbursement and are provided accommodation when required.
- Coordinate with IOM Logistics Unit in generating Purchase Requests (PR), using the correct WBS and following up on charges and payments.
- Coordinate with relevant food vendors, if necessary, to ensure that snacks and meals are provided on time while maintaining high standard of food, presentation and hygiene.
- Coordinate with relevant services for the purchase and implementation of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) in times of the pandemic: masks (for distribution to COA participants), sanitizing products (to use outside and inside the COA training rooms), and implementation of training room distancing.
- Maintain regular contacts with the COA Global Management Team (in Geneva, Ottawa and Manila) and ensure that Canada’s information needs, and that programmatic and reporting activities are coordinated efficiently.
- Assign, guide and supervise the daily tasks of other COA Support staff, such as childminder and on-call interpreters.
- Coordinate with COA Management and COA Manila-based Budget Monitoring staff regarding the monitoring of budget expenses and charges, the provision of accurate WBS, and the preparation of COA annual site budgets, in coordination with IOM Rwanda/Kenya Finance team.
- Coordinate with COA Manila staff for MiMOSA entries and other statistical matters.
- Maintain an inventory of all materials and coordinate with the COA Manila staff for printing and shipping of COA materials to permanent and mobile training locations.
- Plan, schedule and timely deliver pre-arrival information and orientation sessions, in-person, telephonic or virtual, to youth and adult refugees, in Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania and in other locations, as required.
- For maximum uptake of refugees, timely coordinate pre-departure orientation details with IOM colleagues in Resettlement OPS and Medical Health Department (MHD).
- Oversee and coordinate all pre-session details: training room preparation, equipment, materials, snacks/meals, reimbursement of transportation, hiring of interpreters and childminders, whenever required.
- For virtual sessions, coordinate with IOM OPS/IOM MHD for phone numbers/email addresses for all COA refugee clients.
- Submit COA statistical reports in MiMOSA COA reporting Tool within the required timeline after completing a COA session (typically 2 days).
- Deliver COA sessions that address refugees’ needs for both information and protection; therefore adapting session content and training tools and activities to various training modalities (telephonic, virtual or in-person), purposes and beneficiaries.
- Keep abreast of changes in Canada vis-à-vis resettlement in general and vis-à-vis content of pre-departure orientation and information sessions and contribute to the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), lesson plans, agendas, PowerPoint presentations, activities, and facilitation guides.
- Be familiar with the Canada’s refugee resettlement programs: GARs, PSRs, Blended VORs and JAS cases, plus Afghan cases at the Emergency Transit Mechanism Centre (ETM) as well as with the supports and services that are offered in Canada to refugees at a post-arrival stage.
- Be familiar with the content of the COA Refugee Training activities Toolboxes (for both adults and youth).
- Write narrative reports (bi-monthly, quarterly and annual) that present accomplishments and challenges, gather statistics and maintain statistical records.
- Whenever required, coordinate COA mobile session delivery details: travel, security, procurement, medical, and finance with the appropriate IOM departments; as well as training details: scheduling of sessions, shipping of materials in the language of COA participants, arranging refugee transportation and lodging, ensuring the timely upload of stats in MiMOSA and the preparation of narrative reports. Timely coordinate all COA charges made during remote training session deliveries with IOM Finance staff in receiving missions.
- Contribute to the development of surveys and promotional tools aimed at increasing the uptake of pre-departure services among refugees.
- Contribute to the global development of the COA programme by participating in staff development workshops, exchange programs, and Training-of-Trainers seminars, etc.
- Engage in continuous self-directed study for professional development, as required by IOM and COA.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Political or Social Sciences, Education or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- High school diploma with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working with refugees;
- Experience providing information and orientation to and engaging with refugees is an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders;
- Experience in leading interactive training seminars or orientation sessions for youth and adults.
- Clear and concise communication in writing (English).
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to details.
- Proven ability to communicate cross-culturally.
- Speaking more than one of the different languages spoken by refugees in Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania.
- IOM Functional Competencies required: Effective Communicator, successful negotiation, creative analytical thinker, active learner, strong team player and cross-cultural facilitator.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Packages (Office, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Adobe Pro, Zoom, Outlook)
Fluency in English and French and in one of the languages spoken by refugees
in the 3-country region.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning and communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter within area of responsibility;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
🌐 How to Apply
Mode of Application and any other relevant application information
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by sending a motivation letter and the updated CV to the to email@example.com by 30 May 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a completed Personnel History Form (please download and fill it) and an application letter (not more than one page)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Job / Career Promotion and Placements , Hiring related Services, Staff trainings , Business Advertisements, Bulk SMS Service for Employers, Recruiters & Businesses , other various Business Consults Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner in finding Dreamed Job to achieve your career success by simply helping you in the following Career Services : RESUME & CV SERVICES , Cover Letters, Job Search, Online Job Application Assistances, Soft Skills Trainings and Career wise Advisory : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 Get all career Opportunities across Job market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
3,006 All the time, 1 To day