🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Prison Fellowship Rwanda (PFR) is a non-profit organization that works in partnership with the government of Rwanda and its relevant agencies, local and international organizations’ as well as UN agencies to foster interventions that support psycho-social healing, peace building and reconciliation, restorative justice, crime prevention, human rights promotion and legal aid, intervening in emergencies as well as nurturing socio-economic empowerment in Rwanda in the wake of the 1994 genocide against Tutsi and its aftermath. Prison Fellowship Rwanda was founded on 01/07/1995, affiliated to the Prison Fellowship International in 1997. It was officially registered and recognized by the ministerial order no 037/17, of 23/10/2002, by the Ministry of Justice as a non- profit organization, published in the official gazette of the Republic of Rwanda in 2002.
Since 2014, Prison Fellowship Rwanda in partnership with Prison Fellowship International (PFI) have been supporting the children of prisoners by providing services and activities which meet the four most vital needs of children, namely education, safety, health, and spiritual engagement. A new and innovative programme was launched in July 2021 as a result of seven years of field experience, and best practices developed to meet the needs of children with incarcerated parents through the implementation of the programme entitled “The Child’s Journey “. The program pairs each enrolled child with a trained Caseworker. Currently, Prison Fellowship Rwanda is looking for qualified and highly motivated candidates of high moral character and professional integrity to fulfil the position of a Caseworkers to monitor the health, education, safety, and spiritual growth of the children of incarcerated parents during the period of incarceration.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Job Closing Date
Number of Job Positions
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Case worker is responsible to undertake the following specific tasks:
- Recruit and register children and obtain accurate child data;
- Perform regular telephone, home, school, and activity monitoring;
- Assess child and family needs;
- Deliver services in each of the four program areas to enrolled children and families;
- Monitor, document, and report on child progress;
- Maintain individual case files for each child;
- Organize prison visits and other events;
- Facilitate communications between child and sponsor;
- Perform any other duty.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- Bachelor degree in Social sciences;
- At least 1 year of professional experience and / or engagement in related field;
- Having worked with Children based NGO is an added advantage;
- Being a Christian is mostly valued;
- Must be fluent in English and having working knowledge of French.
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- Ability to gather information and identify client needs;
- Ability to maintain and keep case files and consistent written documentation;
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrates proven organizational and administrative skills;
- Demonstrates a passion and love for the children;
- Experience in providing case management services (preferred);
- Demonstrates experience in collaborating with government institutions, Civil Society Organizations and / or
- international organizations;
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Documents Needed
- Notified Degree and National ID;
- CV (maximum 3 pages);
- One recommendation letter from your previous employer(s);
- A signed and stamped recommendation from a recognized place of your worship (church);
- All documents should be sent in one document in PDF format to email@example.com.
- Application document that will not contain the above conditions will not be considered.
The application should be addressed to the Executive Director Prison Fellowship Rwanda with subject “Case worker”.
For more information about Prison Fellowship Rwanda, consult: www.pfrwanda.com
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than 16th/ August /2021
47 All the time, 1 To day