Chief Executive Officer at Pan-African Farmers Organization (PAFO)(Deadline: 31st March,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Pan-African Farmers Organization (PAFO)
PAFO was created in October 2010 by its constituent assembly under the sponsorship of the African Union. This constitutive assembly was the culmination of a process begun several years ago in collaboration with the five regional networks of Farmers’ Organizations.
PAFO is registered in Rwanda as an international non-governmental organization and is certified by the Rwanda Governance Board to operate legally and establish its headquarters in Rwanda under number 001/RGB/19. PAFO is recognized as the representative body of African farmers’ organizations at the highest continental level. It brings the voice of dozens of millions African farmers integrated into nearly 70 national organizations, unions, federations, cooperatives, associations, etc., present in almost 50 African countries, and united in five regional networks operating at the heart of African agriculture.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Chief Executive Officer
Job Positing Date: 04th March,2022
Job Closing Date : 31st March,2022
Number of Job Positions
Job Payment Terms and Contract
The contract will be concluded for a period of 02 years’ renewable depending on performances after evaluation of the Board.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the authority of the Board, the Chief Executive Officer is the Coordinator of the Executive Secretariat of PAFO; as such he is responsible for:
- The implementation of policies and programs of PAFO;
- The administrative and financial procedures in accordance with PAFO;
- Ensure the management of financial resources and assets of PAFO;
- Ensure the preparation of annual budget estimates and implementation of approved budgets;
- Facilitate the organization of the statutory meetings;
- Ensure the holding of the minutes of Board meetings (ex-officio);
- Support the work of the various meetings and events of PAFO;
- Ensure the preparation and implementation of annual programs for meetings of PAFO;
- Prepare and make available to the board and General Assembly, all needed documentation including annual reports and financial statements of PAFO;
- Linking PAFO and other international organizations on issues of common interest;
- Search Partners for fund-raising;
- Ensure that the operation of PAFO is consistent with the laws of the host country;
- Work permanently in the achievement of PAFO mission and objectives in line with the PAFO Strategic Plan;
- Ensure the administration of PAFO in terms of financial and human resources;
- Studying the various technical problems that are submitted by the Board and related to the development of agricultural sectors in Africa;
- Propose solutions to problems that members face in carrying out their activities and the implementation of their partnership relations;
- Assist the President of PAFO in the management of the representation and communication of PAFO;
- Ensure the conservation of archives of PAFO.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
The candidate must:
- Holding an African nationality and be a citizen of an African country;
- Have a relevant university degree, at least MBA/MSC (at least five years’ university) or equivalent in agricultural economics or social sciences, management sciences or equivalent;
- Have a perfect knowledge of English and French and knowledge of Arabic and /or Portuguese and/or Spanish would be an advantage;
- Demonstrate a proven track record of at least five (5) years to a position of high responsibility in an important organization of the same nature:
- In Agricultural Economics and management of an organization important for both financial and human resources, particularly in an international context;
- In staff management in a diverse and multicultural and stressing environment;
- In preparation of annual budgets and execution of approved budgets
- In organization of international meetings;
- Have a capacity or experience in mobilization of resources, research funding, partnerships with funding agencies and developing reports for donors.
- Supervision and management of information technology;
- Have a conceptual, methodical, analytical and monitoring skills;
- Be demanding in objectives and results;
- Be dynamic, collaborative, and open-minded;
- Act with integrity and rigor;
- Demonstrate autonomy in work; Have a sense of general interest;
- Be healthy ad have a physical resistance to frequent travel abroad;
- Have writing skills and oral expression;
- Have a good knowledge of tools and common software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
The level of compensation to be offered will depend on the experience of the candidate and his qualifications, and will be comparable to similar positions in other international organizations of a similar nature.
All candidates seeking this position are required to submit an application containing the following:
- A letter of motivation signed by the candidate addressed to the President of the Board;
- An extract of birth certificate or other document equivalent;
- A certificate of nationality or document equivalent;
- A copy of criminal record certificate from the country of nationality and country of residence;
- A copy of highest degree;
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including certificates of experience and the credentials of the candidate (work certificates);
- Letters of recommendation;
Steps of recruitment
Recruitment will take place in two (2) phases:
- A pre-selection phase on record;
- A phase of selection interviews of shortlisted candidates.
Three candidates will be shortlisted from the candidates who submitted an application. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed of their screening and will be invited during the board meeting.
Candidate selection will be made among the shortlisted candidates. Travel expenses and other charges, of candidates invited for final selection will be supported by PAFO if not organized virtually.
The Chief Executive Officer will be selected after interviews.
Deadline for submissions
All requests for applications must be submitted before 31st March 2022 at the latest.
Any application received after this date will not be considered.
Take office of candidate
The function will be taken immediately.
Place of residence
Kigali in Rwanda.
Note: Applications can be male or female.
Submission of Application
Applications must be submitted to the PAFO headquarters: under the closed envelopes bearing the title “Application to the position of the PAFO Chief Executive Officer”; Address Pan-African Farmers Organization (PAFO), Bibare, Street KG125, House No. 13, Kimironko or by email headed “Application to the position of the PAFO Chief Executive Officer to the address: email@example.com, and to copy the email addresses; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
Additional information on Pan-African Farmers Organization can be found on http://www.pafo-africa.org/
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 31st/ March/ 2022
- Are you an Employer ( Businesses & Entities of All kinds or Individuals ) Hiring or looking any kind of Online Applications & Registrations Services ? Career in Rwanda Ltd serve you in Job Advertisements & Recruitment Services, Every Online Services that you may need.
- Don’t you Have time to Apply or Updates and Optimize your Job Application File ( CVs &Resumes , online Job Profile Accounts , etc. ) ?, Don’t Hastate to Contact Career in Rwanda Ltd via WhatsApp and Call : +250785036816 / +250790518586 for any Kind Assistance , we help every Job Seeker to send a Professional and Well Updated ( CVs, Resumes, online Job Profile Accounts, etc. ) to the Concerned Employer!
- IF YOU ARE JOB SEEKER , GET UNLIMITTED DIRECT ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SERVICE BY REGISTERING HERE
VISIT CAREER IN RWANDA Ltd’s SERVICE PAGE AND GET QUICK ONLINE CAREERS /JOBS OR EDUCATIONAL APPLICATION ASSISTNCES , ADVERTISEMENT AND RECRUITMENT SERIVICES RIGHT NOW
73 All the time, 1 To day