Communications Lecturer at The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA)(Deadline: 25th March,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing practical hands-on skills, Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will gain experience in the six Enterprises that include, Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable and Fruit Crops, Irrigation and Mechanization, and Food Processing. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts, or take on positions of agricultural leadership in Rwanda.
Job Position Title
Job Positing Date: 14th March,2022
Job Closing Date : 25th March,2022
Number of Job Positions
Job Payment Terms and Contract
The Communications Lecturer position is a part-time, initially temporary position for one term during the current academic year. The Communications Lecturer is responsible for teaching one course: Communications 2 (COM 102). The position is available from April through August 2022.
The course Communications 2 builds upon a previous course, Communications 1. Communications 2 focuses on using appropriate rhetoric and media in strategic communication. This includes resumes and cover letters, elevator pitches, storytelling and brand management, social media strategies, and standard operating procedures.
- Develop and deliver instructional materials for Communications 102 course
- Design, assign, and grade assessments, preferably experiential
- Effectively use the learning management system (Moodle)
- Reflect on teaching effectiveness and conduct an impact assessment
- Schedule and maintain 2 regular office hours per week
- Master’s degree in Communications, Agricultural Communications, or closely related field
- 5+ years’ experience teaching undergraduate level course
- Enthusiasm for the experiential education teaching philosophy at RICA
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- PhD in Communications, Agricultural Communications, or closely related field
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE RICA TEAM
Staff at RICA are part of creating something unique in the world. While working with world-class educators and researchers, you will transform agriculture in Rwanda and East Africa for a conservation- minded and food-secure future. RICA staff also receive a salary commensurate with the applicant’s background, and a relocation allowance for international faculty.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Submit the following documents in English
- Cover Letter summarizing intent and suitability for the
- A resume or CV.
- Official degree certificate for highest degree
- Summary of the applicant’s teaching experiences (500 words max).
- The applicant’s philosophy of education and how this aligns with the mission of RICA (500 words max).
- List of recommenders with contact
Please combine your resume/CV with your degree certificate as one PDF file before you upload.
Review of applications will begin April 4, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 25/ March/ 2022
- Are you an Employer ( Businesses & Entities of All kinds or Individuals ) Hiring or looking any kind of Online Applications & Registrations Services ? Career in Rwanda Ltd serve you in Job Advertisements & Recruitment Services, Every Online Services that you may need.
- Don’t you Have time to Apply or Updates and Optimize your Job Application File ( CVs &Resumes , online Job Profile Accounts , etc. ) ?, Don’t Hastate to Contact Career in Rwanda Ltd via WhatsApp and Call : +250785036816 / +250790518586 for any Kind Assistance , we help every Job Seeker to send a Professional and Well Updated ( CVs, Resumes, online Job Profile Accounts, etc. ) to the Concerned Employer!
- IF YOU ARE JOB SEEKER , GET UNLIMITTED DIRECT ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SERVICE BY REGISTERING HERE
VISIT CAREER IN RWANDA Ltd’s SERVICE PAGE AND GET QUICK ONLINE CAREERS /JOBS OR EDUCATIONAL APPLICATION ASSISTNCES , ADVERTISEMENT AND RECRUITMENT SERIVICES RIGHT NOW
54 All the time, 1 To day