Community Health Specialist at IntraHealth(Deadline: 31st July, 2022)
Job Opportunity: Community Health Specialist
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, maternal and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity will build upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi will improve the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. The Activity will partner with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives and data.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth would like to hire the Community Health Specialist Western Zone – based at Rubavu who will provide technical and program support in planning and implementation of community health services including Integrated Community Case Management (iCCM), Community Based Provision of Family Planning (CBP-FP), Community Based Maternal and Neonatal Health (CBMNH), and Community based nutrition (CB-N) for the USAID-funded Ingobyi Activity. Each community health specialist will be responsible for about 3 districts where s/he will coordinate all community health activities. The position will report administratively to the Zonal Coordinator and technically to the Community Health Advisor.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Planning and integration of maternal newborn and malaria support
- Work closely with the technical team – particularly the Malaria, Maternal and FP, Newborn and Child health specialists, as well as the Zonal Coordinator, to plan, implement and scale-up strategies for high impact interventions at the community level.
- Monitor the implementation of Ingobyi’s workplan related to community level interventions such as ICCM, maternal and newborn health activities and ensure that all activities are executed according to plan and in an integrated manner.
- Work collaboratively with other Ingobyi Activity team members and MOH/RBC to ensure good coordination and efficient programming and management of community health interventions.
Implementation and Operations
- Lead iCCM, HBM, CBP, CBMNH, and CBN related interventions in the assigned zone, including the adaptation of best practices and evidence-based approaches into the local context.
- Plan implementation of activities in close collaboration with the respective zone-based technical specialists and RBC/MCCH counterparts.
- Support development of community health technical documents
- Conduct trainings on community health packages.
- Support districts to plan and conduct CHWs coordination meetings
- Contribute to the design, pilot and roll out of community health innovations and digital solutions e.g e-learning for CHWs
- Conduct supportive supervision for CHW supervisors to ensure effective implementation of community health activities and ensure support is provided based on needs
- Support mentorship and supportive supervision for iCCM, HBM, CBPFP, CBMNH, and CBN activities and ensure that CHWs have updated learning tools, job aids and reporting tools
- Assist finance staff to prepare financial forms to advance/reimburse funds for on-going activities
- Prepare and avail job-aids and training materials in coordination with Ingobyi and MOH/RBC technical teams and ensure that materials and supplies reach targeted sites in a timely manner
- Prepare and submit reports on community health interventions in a timely manner
- Assist with organization of technical meetings, trainings, field visits, events and other activities
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required.
- Prepare and submit reports to the supervisor in a timely manner.
Learning, documentation and sharing of lessons learned
- Contribute/coordinate with Ingobyi Activity’s MEL team to ensure that the project meets deliverables in accordance with the MEL framework.
- Collaborate with the MEL team, and other project personnel, to support ongoing monitoring, evaluation, learning and adaptation.
- Ensure that iCCM, HBM, CBP-FP, CBMNH, and CB-N related activities are properly documented, and that program data are systematically collected, analyzed, submitted and properly archived as well as shared across the project to inform learning.
- Share experiences related to community based maternal, newborn, family planning and malaria activities to inform the design of Ingobyi Activity’s subsequent workplans.
The ideal candidate is expected to meet and or possess the following qualifications and requirements:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in general nursing, public health, or other related fields. Master’s degree in public health is an added value
- At least five (5) years of professional experience working in maternal, newborn, family planning and malaria programs at the community level.
- Fluency in English, French and Kinyarwanda.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in capacity building skills of CHWs, including training and mentoring skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office programs including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Solid skills in documentation and report writing
- Ability to travel nationally frequently
- Experience with Rwanda Health Systems
- Effective communication skills and teamwork.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on time
- Ability to work with flexibility and good time management
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside of Kigali, and to work independently with all stakeholders.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities; and
- Willingness to work overtime whenever required.
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
HOW TO APPLY
The application file containing the following documents should consolidated in one PDF file & submitted via our recruitment portal: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers no later than July 31, 2022.
- Motivation letter.
- Updated CV which has 3 professional references, including current and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address;
- Notarised academic degrees.
- Previous employment certification.
Learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis until the position is filled. Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within a month from the submission, consider your application unsuccessful.
🌐 How to Apply
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Jobs /Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Recruitments & HR Managements Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 READ all career Opportunities across world wide Job Market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
1,890 All the time, 1 To day