Compliance and Risk Manager at COPEDU PLC (Deadline: July 15th, 2022)
📋 Job Description Details
COPEDU PLC, is a trading company engaged in savings and credits. It was registered as a trading company in the Development Bank (RDB) on February 21, 2013 and licensed by the Central Bank of Rwanda (BNR) on 13/03/2014 to operates as a microfinance institution in Rwanda.
COPEDU PLC wishes to encourage all qualified, capable, and interested candidates to apply for the vacant position here below:
Compliance and Risk Manager
The Compliance and Risk Manager is responsible of identifying, assessing, advising, monitoring, and reporting on COPEDU Plc’s compliance risk. S/he leads the unit that ensures that the institution complies with applicable laws, regulations and rules and plays an essential role in helping to preserve the integrity and reputation of COPEDU Plc.
- Maintain policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risks; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Ensure risk profile is aligned to the return/profitability aspirations of the business.
- Monitor compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities.
- Develop and improve financial risk management tools.
- Developing risk management strategies.
- Develop and execute liquidity and investment stress tests
- Establish infrastructure, systems, and processes for identifying, managing, controlling, and reporting risks across the business.
- Observe daily compliance with internal (including financial limits) and external prudential limits that may expose the structure of assets and liabilities of COPEDU Plc.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures in place
- Constantly monitor and analyze the COPEDU Plc’s credit position against market segments.
- Ensure minimal credit risk exposure while maintaining profit maximization objectives.
- Champion the continual review and update of COPEDU Plc’s policies, guidelines, and practices, in line with changes in credit risk and other business priorities.
- Define risk acceptance criteria and risk tolerance limits for each risk area.
- Oversee inspection, regulatory and statutory examinations of COPEDU Plc’ transactions and activities.
- Maintain a log of communications of received complaints relevant to compliance.
- Conduct unannounced mock surveys, inspections, reviews, and investigations periodically to assess staff readiness and to specifically identify where corrective actions are needed.
- Ensure compliance of the social capital mobilization procedure
- Monitor and evaluate the execution of the risk management plan.
- Ensure compliance with the prudential standards required by the BNR.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to the Managing Director.
- Collaborate with other Departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the Legal Department as needed.
- A0 in Finance, Accounting or Management
- At least 4 years’ experience in Finance, Accounting, Audit, or similar role in the banking sector with at least 3 years of managerial experience.
- Sound awareness/understanding of risk management trends in the local & international financial services industry.
- Skill and experience in effective management of financial assets of and minimizing liabilities.
- Ability to manage a team and great listening skills.
All applications must include a motivation letter, ID copy, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of degrees which will be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com no later than Friday, July 15th, 2022.
Done on June 24th, 2022.
4,744 All the time, 1 To day