Consultancy Career Opportunity : Development of a digital system for the Integrated Education MIS, Kigali- Rwanda, 11.5 months, Req # 552853 at UNICEF (Deadline: 27 Jul 2022 South Africa Standard Time)
Job no: 552853
Contract type: Consultancy
Duty Station: Kigali
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Vaccines
To learn more about UNICEF work in Rwanda, please visit the country website https://unicef.sharepoint.com/sites/RWA/
How can you make a difference?
An Integrated Education Management Information System (IEMIS) is a critical tool for providing the education sector with accurate, timely and relevant information required to inform its policy decisions and implementation approaches. Although the Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) and its agencies have data and information management systems in place, the systems are not fully integrated thus challenging to effectively manage. The inefficiencies in those systems reduce the effectiveness of planning, management, and decision-making processes and, ultimately, compromising the achievement of sustainability quality, and equity in education.
Guided by the IEMIS architectural framework and roadmap, the broad objective of this role is to support the implementation of the Enterprise Solution Architecture for the integration of EMIS.
The specific objectives of this consultancy are as follow:
- Develop detailed implementation plans that will deliver the Enterprise Solution Architecture (ESA) within agreed scope, time, and budget constraints.
- Support and advise the Chief Digital Officer of the Ministry of Education in the coordination of subsector’s systems development as defined by the Enterprise Solution Resources for the engagement duration.
- Design and build ESA components that are within the engagement scope and support the operation of those components.
- Develop and execute plans to ensure that planning and delivery activities are sustainable beyond the consultancy.
Scope of Work:
The high-level scope of the consultancy is related to the provision of technical support for quality assurance on the implementation of the IEMIS enterprise solution architecture. At a technical level it includes various streams focusing on architectures of data, systems governance, analytics and subsector systems. The specific tasks of the technical support are the following:
- Develop Enterprise Solution Architecture (ESA) roadmap, implementation plan and required infrastructure. The consultant will work closely with the MINEDUC Chief Digital Officer, the Business Analyst and Senior Software Developers to develop, a comprehensive plan to deliver the Enterprise solution architecture of the integrated EMIS while ensuring the infrastructure related to the operational data store is established.
- Technical advice, supervision, and quality assurance of system’s architecture design. In collaboration with the MINEDUC Chief Digital Officer, the consultant will ensure the minimum viable product (MVP) of the integrated EMIS is implemented and inform the complete delivery of the system architecture design and enterprise solution architecture through thorough technical guidance and quality assurance.
- ESA components and security system development. In agreement with the education metadata selected domains and subsectors, the consultant will oversee and develop, in collaboration with the Business Analyst and Senior Software Developers, the enterprise solution architecture and security components of the integrated EMIS.
- Technical guidance to support successful deployment and use of the ESA. In an effort to transfer the ownership of the integrated EMIS, the consultant will ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building of national and subnational education officials in collaboration with Rwanda Information Society Authority (RISA).
- Develop Enterprise Solution Architecture (ESA) roadmap, implementation plan and required infrastructure
- Enterprise Solution Roadmap incorporating Strategic Plan, Resource Plan, and Year 1 Delivery Schedule confirmed with stakeholders.
- Detailed logical design of Year 1 metamodel classes and attributes completed in readiness for operational data store (ODS) physical design and build.
- Functional analysis and detailed design of indicator datasets and computations completed in readiness for indicator design and build.
- Extraction, validation, mapping, and preparation of Year 1 master and migration datasets completed in readiness for final qualification and loading.
B) Technical advice, supervision, and quality assurance of system’s architecture design
- Year 1 Delivery Schedule validated with implementing firm and development partners.
- Detailed logical design of Year 2 metamodel classes and standard attributes completed (for integration into the operational data store (ODS) build).
- Mapping of Year 1 master and transactional data completed.
- Design and build of transversal development services completed.
- Design training and micro-design workshops completed
- Micro-design for ESA components qualified, indexed, and released for implementation.
C) ESA components and security system development
- Design and build of transversal operations and security services completed, including the implementation.
D) Technical guidance to support successful deployment and use of the ESA
- ESA components deployed, operational, and supported.
- National- and district-level end-users capacitated.
- Technical reviews at programme transition milestones convened, operated, and recorded.
- Detailed implementation plan/roadmap of the enterprise solution
- Report confirming the development infrastructure completion, lessons learned and/or further action required, if applicable
- Documentation of the detailed design of the enterprise solution components verified and approved by MINEDUC.
- Report confirming that the Minimum Viable Product has been implemented and analyzed, and outcomes incorporated into ESA documentation and components.
- Report documenting the ESA components and security implementation and the release process for deployment.
- Report confirming the provision of managerial and technical guidance to build the enterprise solution approved by MINEDUC
- Report confirming the provision of managerial and technical guidance to run the enterprise solution approved by MINEDUC.
- Report documenting the acquisition of skills by MINEDUC technical team at national and subnational, as well as the transfer of IEMIS ownership to MINEDUC
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Masters or higher) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Enterprise Architecture
- 12 years of experience in design and implementation of enterprise architecture.
- Demonstrate, build off and share experience in digitalization project methods and tools, Provide advice to decision-makers and stakeholders, and establish and supervise the delivery team
- Develop, manage, and communicate the IEMIS enterprise solution architecture (ESA), ensuring that it responds to the strategic, tactical, and operational concerns of the enterprise.
- Prepare ESA specifications that are sufficiently detailed for translation into component-level micro-design specifications by delivery teams, and that account for all relevant functional and non-functional requirements.
- Oversee the implementation of the ESA, by managing expectations and risks, ensuring appropriate technical structures, principles, tools, and responsibilities are in place.
- Lead and participate in ESA implementation activities, if qualified and able to do so.
- Evaluate solution components to ensure that they align with the broader enterprise strategy, using industry-recognized architectural frameworks and roadmaps.
- Support the creation of reliable ESA delivery plans that optimize delivery approaches by working with the Programme Manager.
- Apply methods that ensure implementation compliance with ESA principles, standards, and specifications.
- Act as a bridge between technical and business stakeholders during planning and delivery activities.
- Own and manage the enterprise solution architecture (ESA).
- Demonstrate ability to work productively with government and national systems.
- Show interest in understanding the Rwandan Education system.
- Demonstrate good analytical, problem-solving, planning, organizing, facilitation and communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language (Kinyarwanda) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. The candidate may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid).
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Deadline: South Africa Standard Time
🌐 How to Apply
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Jobs /Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Recruitments & HR Managements Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 READ all career Opportunities across world wide Job Market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
2,241 All the time, 1 To day