Country coordinator at Kindernothilfe(KNH)(Deadline: 10th April,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Kindernothilfe (German for “Supporting children in need”) was founded in Germany in 1959 as a Christian organisation to support vulnerable and marginalised children and youth to develop their full potentials. Kindernothilfe (KNH) partners with local non-governmental organisations to implement 609 projects in 32 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. Through the work of her partners, KNH is empowering, protecting and giving a voice to more than 2.1 million girls and boys.
Kindernothilfe’s global head office is located in Duisburg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, with coordination structures in nearly all partner countries. Projects and programmes are mainly funded through private donations (more than 80% from individual donors and 20% from public and institutional donors). In Rwanda, KNH has been working in cooperation with local organisations since 1994 and currently it is supporting 4 direct partners, which are implementing projects across Rwanda. In Burundi, KNH started operating in 1998 and implements projects with two partners, which are funded by KNH and institutional donors.
Refer to the website for more information concerning KNH: https://www.kindernothilfe.org
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Job Positing Date: 18th March,2022
Job Closing Date : 10th April,2022
Number of Job Positions
Job Payment Terms and Contract
Reports to: The Programme Manager for Eastern Africa (based at KNH Head Office in Germany)
Contract: The Country Coordinator will at present serve on a consultancy basis, with an initial contract period of one year. The CC will be operating from his or her office in Rwanda. Currently, the foreseen work days for the engagement are around 150 to 200 days, with a strong focus on the work in Rwanda. The service contract may be changed e.g. extended or use other forms of engagement, depending on performance of the CC and development of KNH’s work in Rwanda and Burundi. In Burundi, KNH is currently in a transition process and thus the focus will be on responsibilities in Rwanda.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
The Country Coordinator will be responsible for developing and coordinating partners funded by KNH in Rwanda and in Burundi. He or she will be the focal contact person concerning the programmes in Rwanda and Burundi. Other roles and responsibilities of the CC shall include:
Partner advice/guidance and capacity development
Partner Management, Support and Development
- Provide advice/guidance to KNH, on:
- Provide inputs on other programmatic and organisational development processes on KNH International level when requested (consultations, peer reviews, evaluations, etc.)
- Participate in strategy development for the Rwandan and Burundian programme and monitor and steer progress in the implementation of the strategy.
Overall Support to KNH Rwanda & Burundi Desk & KNH International/HQ
- Conduct project assessments and evaluation, alone or together with external Consultants.
- Conduct inquiries/investigations on particular cases if required. This is meant for all kinds of cases/irregularities which can occur during the implementation of a project, in cases of violence against children, etc.
- Collaborate with the Financial Coordinator on monitoring cost-effectiveness of projects and coherence between programmatic and financial planning and implementation/ administration of the projects.
- Monitoring of programmes and projects through project visits at least once per year and submit reports based on KNH formats.
- Advise partners in management issues like organizational development processes.
- Advice and give feedback to the partners on formal and programmatic requirements of new proposals for submission to KNH.
Project Cycle Support, Monitoring and Evaluation
Attend national and international meetings that are KNH /Partners’ related.
- Conduct partner organisational capacity assessment (OCA) as well as general advice and coordination during the identification of new partners or assessment of existing partnerships.
- Promote exchange between partners by identifying existing networks and linking partners with these networks.
- Organise partner capacity development, if required, including by identifying training needs, developing and establishing a capacity development concept, linking partners to respective institutions or organising and conducting the workshops.
- Organise and potentially conduct partner workshops on selected topics for information and experience sharing, as agreed upon with KNH.
- Support KNH administrative tasks and requirements such as sponsorship administration (identity sheets, children’s letters and reports, leavings); and preliminary checks of reports upon request by KNH
- Be a source of information and technical support for partners on KNH focus areas, including community development, children at risk, women empowerment, child rights approach and methods like project cycle management, participatory monitoring and evaluation.
- Country specific developments relevant for KNH’s working environment (political, economic, environmental, social, etc.) as well as on legal requirements.
- The local and regional development context, including as learnt through networking with the government, NGOs and relevant stakeholders.
- Field appraisals and recommendations on proposals.
- Recommendations on thematic studies, evaluations and other research commissioned by KNH (technical and regarding content), monitoring their implementation.
- Humanitarian assistance (collecting information, identifying possibilities of assistance, planning and monitoring humanitarian assistance providers, analysing and assessing outcome).
- Crisis and conflict management of partners and preventive measures (e.g. in accordance with KNH’s Child Protection Policy & case management or KNH’s anti-corruption Policy & case management).
- Identification and first contact with potential partners and new projects (introduce KNH).
- Representation of the interests of KNH in round tables, workshops etc.
- Maintain contact/relationship with stakeholders like embassies, the EU delegations etc.
- Ensure logistics and conceptualise schedules of trips of KNH staff (also KNH Austria, Switzerland and Luxembourg), journalists, film teams, VIPs, special sponsors of the KNH foundation etc. and accompany the KNH visitors.
- Based on need: support procurement processes or broker contact to and coordinate other service providers
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
- Master’s Degree in Community Development or other related Social Sciences and minimum of 10 years professional experience working in the NGO / development cooperation sector. Experience in partnership management, project management, partner capacity strengthening, is required.
- Proven first-hand experience in proposal development, from concept note to the full proposal.
- Demonstrable experience in monitoring, evaluation, documentation and report writing, and co-ordination within the NGO /development cooperation sector.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and conducting trainings or other forms of capacity development & exchange.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong communicator and networker.
- Experience in working with rights-based approaches and working with children and strong commitment to children’s rights. Demonstrated commitment to gender equality, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience working cross-culturally, with people of different social status, and in different time zones.
- A good team-player, self-driven, pro-active, capable of meeting deadlines and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel extensively within the areas of operation and to work extended periods in the field and abroad.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, Outlook, Zoom, teams etc.
- A valid Driver’s License with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Rwanda resident
- Proficient in both written and spoken French and English languages.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
- Please submit your motivation letter, demonstrating why you qualify for the position, together with your current CV and names and contacts of three traceable referees, one of whom should be your most recent supervisor, to: email@example.com.
- While KNH values all candidates, only shortlisted applicants shall be acknowledged and invited for further steps of the interview process.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 10th/ April/ 2022
- Are you an Employer ( Businesses & Entities of All kinds or Individuals ) Hiring or looking any kind of Online Applications & Registrations Services ? Career in Rwanda Ltd serve you in Job Advertisements & Recruitment Services, Every Online Services that you may need.
- Don’t you Have time to Apply or Updates and Optimize your Job Application File ( CVs &Resumes , online Job Profile Accounts , etc. ) ?, Don’t Hastate to Contact Career in Rwanda Ltd via WhatsApp and Call : +250785036816 / +250790518586 for any Kind Assistance , we help every Job Seeker to send a Professional and Well Updated ( CVs, Resumes, online Job Profile Accounts, etc. ) to the Concerned Employer!
- IF YOU ARE JOB SEEKER , GET UNLIMITTED DIRECT ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SERVICE BY REGISTERING HERE
VISIT CAREER IN RWANDA Ltd’s SERVICE PAGE AND GET QUICK ONLINE CAREERS /JOBS OR EDUCATIONAL APPLICATION ASSISTNCES , ADVERTISEMENT AND RECRUITMENT SERIVICES RIGHT NOW
44 All the time, 2 To day