DAI Global LLC is hiring Embedded Technical Advisor (Deadline: 30th April,2022)
DAI Global LLC
DAI’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the world by helping people improve their lives. We envision a world in which communities and societies become more prosperous, fairer and better governed, safer, healthier, and environmentally more sustainable.
Jobs Description Details
EMBEDDED TECHNICAL ADVISOR, MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY (MINICOM)
RWANDA NGURIZA NSHORE ACTIVITY
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public-sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The purpose of the five-year Feed the Future-funded Rwanda Nguriza Nshore project (“Lend so that I may invest”) is to drive rural economic growth through facilitating the emergence of a dynamic agribusiness sector. By alleviating constraints to investment and increasing access to financing, Nguriza Nshore will facilitate the creation and growth of small to medium agribusinesses, as an entry point for broader growth, to provide productive employment for rural populations and reduce poverty. By working with financial institutions, investors, public and private sector business development service providers, and a variety of Government of Rwanda ministries and initiatives, Nguriza Nshore will be the catalyst that strengthens and improves existing public- private platforms that support investment from international, local, bank and non-bank sources, creating a better-functioning finance and investment ecosystem.
The Ministry of Trade and Industry (MINICOM) in partnership with the USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Activity, implemented by DAI Global, is seeking to hire a Rwandan Embedded Technical Advisor to provide technical assistance to MINICOM through facilitating the implementation of the Entrepreneurship Development Policy (EDP) and related policies.
The Embedded Technical Advisor will be seconded to MINICOM as a Nguriza Nshore consultant. He/she will have the following primary responsibilities.
1. Daily management of the partnership between MINICOM and the USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Project:
- In close collaboration with MINICOM team and the USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Team, the Technical Advisor shall be the first point of liaison in the agreed upon initiatives between MINICOM and the USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore initiatives.
- Develop a weekly plan of activities and share its execution.
- Participate in management meetings of the Ministry and accordingly share required actions related to the project.
- Support the Permanent Secretary with policy related work.
2. Coordination of policy reform activities and review:
- The Technical Advisor will be involved in organizing relevant technical workshops, whether with the Government, the private sector and/or development partners.
- The technical Advisor will coordinate and support technical assistance to start-ups, MSMEs and large enterprises
- The Technical Advisor will generate weekly, quarterly and annual reports.
- The Technical Advisor will also arrange/coordinate other meetings as will be assigned PS or the RNN Team.
3. Facilitate the implementation process of the EDP:
- Generate workplans of actions in respect of the EDP implementation process.
- Provide support to raise awareness around the EDP policy implementation.
- Facilitate in design of a proper awareness campaign plan.
- Facilitate other policy related actions by the project.
4. Advisory services to the Ministry on matters related to policy implementation and formulation:
- Provide technical advice to the Permanent Secretary on matters related to Entrepreneurship and SME Development and policy formulation.
- Advise MINICOM Entrepreneurship Development Unit on matters related to Entrepreneurship and SME Development and policy implementation.
- Provide strategic advice on potential new policies and initiatives to further support objectives and goals in the National EDP.
- Map and engage potential partners to support the Ministry in implementing its mandates regarding entrepreneurship and SME development.
- Provide regular updates on the EDP implementation status and advise accordingly.
- Supervising budgets and monitoring, evaluation and learning plans. He/she will make recommendations based on deviations against plans and learning outcomes.
COMPETENCES AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Deep knowledge of Entrepreneurship, Employment creation, Private Sector Development and SME policies framework in Rwanda.
- Ability to work within public procedures and achieve targets.
- Ability to develop and structure concept papers and communicate them clearly in written and oral forms.
- Intellectual curiosity and deep commitment to applying innovative solutions in the entrepreneurship, private sector and SME development fields.
Communication & Leadership Competences:
- Excellent leadership skills, including but not limited to leading meetings (chairing them, taking minutes for them, etc.).
- Good organizational and personal skills necessary to coordinate multiple inputs from numerous contributors, including colleagues with both more and less experience and seniority.
- Sincere interest in coaching and providing positive feedback to improve the team’s capacity.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in an online or remote communication infrastructure environment.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken Kinyarwanda, English and French and this includes but not limited to writing simple and complex reports and documents in a professional manner.
- Strong skills in Microsoft business software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to prioritize activities and accommodate last minutes requests and ensure deadline are met.
- Ability to work in a stress and pressure intensive environment with ability to ensure work-life balance.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent critical thinking.
- Flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Willingness to take extra steps outside of the job scope to produce and ensure timely delivery of required targets.
The Embedded Technical Advisor will jointly report to the Permanent Secretary and Nguriza Nshore’s Component 3 Team Leader.
The Embedded Technical Advisor, under the supervision of the Rwanda USAID Nguriza Nshore Project Component 3 Lead, will provide the following reports: brief weekly/monthly/annual reports showing progress against the agreed implementation plan, challenges with recommended solutions, lessons learned, knowledge and skills transferred to MINICOM. The Embedded Technical Advisor will also support activities under component 3 and routinely provide reports as requested.
- Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Economics, Private Sector Development, Project Management, Development studies, Public Policy or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant and hands-on experience in areas related to the Private Sector, Entrepreneurship and SME development Programs.
- Strong experience in Entrepreneurship, Private Sector or SME development related policies formulation in Rwanda.
- Experience working with multi partners programs.
- Experience working with policy making institutions.
- Experience working with the local Government in Rwanda in matters related to employment creation, entrepreneurship, private sector and business development.
- Proven track record in events organizations is a strong plus.
How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Interested candidates, please send your applications to NgurizaNshore_Recruitment@dai.com
Applications are due by April 30, 5pm CAT
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 30th/ April/ 2022
Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda KANDA HANO
Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
UBU Biroroshyeeeeeeeeeeeee , Witindaa, Saba Service ushaka kuri WIDECareers Group Ltd byihuse unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
Interview Tips | Permanent TOP Ten (10) Interview Questions and how you can answer them , Click the Link to read more : https://widecareers.com/permanent-top-ten-10-interview-questions-and-how-you-can-answer-them/
125 All the time, 1 To day