Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) for Film and Sports Project Management – Economic Development at GIZ (Deadline: 24 July 2021)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
The Rwandan-German bilateral Cooperation Programme for the Promotion of Economy and Employment (Eco-Emploi) is comissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ. The programme aims at employment-intensive growth in selected economic sectors, namely wood industry, tourism & hospitality and film industry, with a special focus on digitalisation. Rwanda Development Board (RDB) is a government institution whose mandate is to accelerate Rwanda’s economic development by enabling private sector growth. As part of Rwanda’s tourism promotion strategy, two high-impact development programmes have been initiated in 2018: 1) Visit Rwanda brand, aiming at raising awareness about Rwanda’s natural, entertainment and cultural attractions as a high-end tourism destination through for instance sports partnerships, and 2) Rwanda Film Office which primarily serves as a film shooting assistance office, aiming to attract and facilitate international productions to Rwanda. The development advisor will act as a program coordinator at RDB.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Development Worker as Advisor
Number of Job Positions
Job Application Deadline
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 viru
Job Department and Reporting Line
Job Payment Terms and Contract
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee the key strategic projects of the Rwanda Film Office, and Visit Rwanda sports sponsorships
- Oversee the implementation of annual and multiannual cooperation programmes between international partners and the Rwanda Film Office
- Support the development of an array of services to attract international film productions in Rwanda and evaluate the impact
- Assist RDB in developing a promotion strategy and 2-years action plan aiming to position Rwanda as a continental film tourism destination
- Assist RDB in activating and maximizing on existing and future sports sponsorships to enhance international awareness about Rwanda’s tourism and film destination (e.g.: to plan innovating communication campaigns)
- Map out training and capacity building opportunities in the sports tourism sector and the cinema/audiovisual industry and disseminate it to relevant national stakeholders
- Support RDB to perform its role in the establishment of a national film fund
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- Academic background in Media & Communication, Marketing and Brand Development, Film Production and/or Sports Management
- 5 years working experience in business development, communication and/or international cooperation, including at least 2 years at a managerial position
- Proven experience and networks in the film and/or sports sector
- Proven ability to inspire, coach, capacitate individuals, including persons from different background and culture
- Working experience on the African continent
- Excellent verbal communication, and business writing skills in English
- Knowledge of French and/ or German is an advantage
Sources of information
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Rwanda.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
🌐 How to Apply
Application Deadline Provided
A C R COMPANY Ltd
Tel: (+250) 785 0368 16 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.accountigclassrwanda.com | TIN : 113361092 .
Follow all our latest News Updates on : Twitter : ACR News | Rwanda , LinkedIn : ACR News |Rwanda , Facebook : ACR Company Ltd , YouTube : Accounting Class Rwanda
37 All the time, 1 To day