🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization.
We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance, and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance, and more.
This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact seeks a Due diligence officer for the ITSCI Rwanda program. Pact is a non-profit international development organization with a purpose to enable poor and marginalized people in the developing world to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides.
Pact is collaborating with ITA (International Tin Association), a tin industry membership organization, mineral traders and exporters, and Governments in the Great Lakes region to implement a chain of custody and due diligence scheme called the International Tin Supply Chain Initiative (ITSCI).
ITSCI allows buyers along the supply chain to determine the source of the raw minerals being produced and traded in the DRC and adjoining countries including Rwanda. In Rwanda, Pact implements the ITSCI programme in partnership with Rwanda Mines, Petroleum and Gas Board (RMB). We are now looking to scale up this solution throughout the Great Lakes Region.
📋 Job Description
Job Position Title and Location
Position Title: Due diligence officer Office Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Number of Job Positions
The due diligence officer will be supervised by the Field Coordinator and will monitor compliance of ITSCI members to the OECD due diligence guidelines; the staff will provide technical support on ground to ensure that mining operators comply with ITSCI scheme procedures in production and commercialization of 3Ts minerals (Tin, Tantalum, Tungsten)
Job Department and Reporting Line, Payment Terms and Contract
Supervisor Name: TBD Supervisor Title: Project manager
New or Replacement: New Position Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Expected Project End Date: 12/31/2021
Date of Submission: 3/22/2021
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitoring the trends in mineral production for each company in the zone and gathering progressive technical information on those trends
- Maintain good relationships with relevant stakeholders, including state staff and the mining community in Rwanda
- Planning, organizing, and monitoring of field activities
- Report on any abnormalities in the 3Ts mineral supply chain through ITSCI incident reporting protocol
- Conduct descriptive studies on mine sites status through Baseline Reporting Protocols
- Identify the needs and challenges from field activities
- Organize and attend meetings with stakeholders
- Attend and participate in training of state agents to ensure that the data are clearly and accurately recorded in the logbooks
- Provide daily security situation analyses of the sites and any other information deemed necessary for the proper functioning of the Project
- Prepare a consistent monthly report of activities in English
- Documenting stories from the field describing the impact of the project on the mining communities
- Ensure efficient use of resources allocated to the field activities
- Supporting district mining task forces in the follow up of issues raised in the mineral supply chain
- Monthly field plan, sharing the joint decisions on joint visits with the government staff
- Participate in joint mineral tagging with the RMB staff and apply analytical interpretation on the origin of minerals
- Conduct awareness campaigns on project activities
- Perform other tasks requested by the project
💼 Job Specification
- Undergraduate degree in Natural Resources management/geography or other related earth science with at least three years of relevant experience; however a Master’s degree would be an asset.
- Understanding the Dodd-Frank Act, officially called the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, and its implication on the great lakes minerals supply chain
- Understanding the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) and their implication on the minerals supply chain in the Great Lakes Region
- Understanding supply chains mechanisms and associated risks
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and partners
- Knowledge of OECD due diligence guidance for responsible supply chains of minerals from conflict-affected and high-risk areas is highly desirable
- Understanding the “Best Practices” for implementing the OECD Due Diligence Guidance
- Have an interest in ITSCI’s mission and work
- Fluency in speaking and writing English
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and problem-solving skills
- Experience with training, coaching, and mentoring
- Demonstrated success implementing programming at the community level
🌐 How to Apply
Only Local candidates are eligible to apply
Number of candidates: 3
All applications with a motivation letter and CV shall be sent through the following email address: email@example.com not later than March 29, 2021 mentioning the position title “Data Clerks/Enumerators” as a subject to email.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
GOOD LUCK IN EVERY OPPORTUNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – © 2021 ACR COMPANY Ltd All rights reserved
35 All the time, 1 To day