Event Manager Consultant at Global Health Corps (GHC) (Deadline: 30th April,2022)
Global Health Corps (GHC)
Jobs Description Details
Global Health Corps
Terms of reference for the recruitment of an Event Manager
Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges. Through a competitive recruitment process, we identify daring and innovative university graduates and early- to mid-career professionals from around the world and pair them with amazing partner organizations and government agencies in the US, East Africa, and Southern Africa. Our fellows spend a year in their placement devoting their unstoppable energy to making the world a healthier place for all people everywhere.
Position: Event Manager Consultant
Primary Contact: Rwanda Program Manager
Duty station: Kigali, Rwanda (With possibility to travel to other places in the Country)
Consultant Responsibilities and Deliverables
The consultant will provide event management support from May 10, 2022 – August 03, 2022, to help the Global Health Corps Team in Rwanda in planning, organizing and managing key events occurring throughout the month of July 2022. Key events to take place include (but not limited to):
- The Training Institute (From July 2 – 10, 2022)
- The End of Year Retreat (From July 24 – 28, 2022)
- The GHC Staff Retreat (From July 28 – 31, 2022)
Under the supervision of the Rwanda Program Manager, the Consultant will work with the Rwanda Team on the following streams of work:
1.Event planning support
Provide coordination, research, and material preparation support in the lead up to Global Health Corps’ Events such as the Training Institute (TI), The End of Year Retreat (EOY), and the Staff Retreat to be held in their respective designated place in the course at the set dates in July 2022, including:
- Collaborate with the GHC team to ensure event agenda and required materials are in place
- Research options and provide recommendations to the GHC team to guide selection of key vendors including event venue, caterer(s), print/design firm(s), and/or any other relevant need of the team related to the event
- Liaise with the selected Venue’s management to ensure that all the logistical requirements are met in advance
- Liaise with event venue hosts to ensure provision of all required A/V equipment, refreshments, and materials and to coordinate on-site accommodation for participants as needed.
- Coordinate air ticketing for all participants flying into Rwanda; and organize the airport pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Support the GHC team to ensure participants are offered convenient and timely transportation facilitation to attend the events
- Develop event welcome packets in advance to allow the participants to understand each event, venue and the environment.
- Format and coordinate design and/or printing of documents and materials such as agendas, sign in lists, name tags, name plates, talking points, presentation decks, staff guides, etc.
- Support GHC team to secure and coordinate media coverage of the event (if required)
- Participate in meetings with the GHC staff planning team as needed to anticipate and respond to any emerging need requiring immediate support.
2.Event execution support
Provide on-site logistics and coordination support on the day(s) of Global Health Corps’ Events such as the Training Institute (TI), The End of Year Retreat (EOY), and the Staff Retreat to be held in their respective designated place in the course at the set dates in July 2022, including:
- Ensure all the Covid-19 compliance guidelines are properly followed and executed by both the Venue’s Management and GHC Staff
- Oversee set up for the event (chairs, microphones, paper, water, etc.).
- Capture photos and videos of events to share with the GHC team and/or with media outlets as directed by the GHC team.
- Support GHC team in processing travel/accommodation payments for attendees.
- Support GHC team in fielding inquiries or requests from external partners in attendance such as reporters and key stakeholders.
3.Event follow up support
Provide support to the GHC team in conducting follow up upon completion of Global Health Corps’ Events such as the Training Institute (TI), The End of Year Retreat (EOY), and the Staff Retreat to be held in their respective designated place in the course at the set dates, including:
- Ensure that all required invoices/receipts are properly submitted to the right GHC point person
- Support drafting of thank you notes to send to all speakers, facilitators, and key partners.
- Collaborate with the right GHC team to help Upload and organize all photos and videos captured to GHC’s Flickr/Dropbox accounts.
- Collaborate with the GHC team to create a compelling event summary.
- As needed, support the finalization, distribution, and completion of a feedback survey to GHC fellows and alumni who participated.
- We’re seeking candidates with a great track record of event management skills, and a high level of emotional intelligence, who excel in building trusting relationships, establishing effective processes, and having strong project management skills. They should have a high-initiative self-starter attitude with a willingness and desire to work as part of a dynamic and collaborative team
- A Bachelor’s Degree (required), preferably in Public Relations, Event Management, Project Management, or any related field
- A minimum of Five (5) years of relevant experience as an Event Manager
- Experience delivering high quality under frequent and tight timelines
- Strong project and logistics management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Cross-cultural competency; experience working in another Country or in a cross-cultural environment
- Experience with budgeting, contract negotiation, vendor and compliance management in Rwanda.
- English Proficiency, both spoken and written
- Being a Rwandan Resident authorized to work in Rwanda
- Strong record of managing international conferences or conventions
- Deep understanding of the cycle of the event health, safety and security
How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position.
Application Link : https://jobs.lever.co/ghcorps/b505b405-67c3-45ad-bc99-0c3206e7a6db
The deadline is 3.00 PM (15.00) on April 30, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 30th/ April/ 2022
WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gukora Job Application mu buryo bwihuse kandi bwizewe (Online Application Assistance & Career Counceling), saba ubufasha nonaha : KANDA HANO
WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gutambutsa itangazo ry’Akazi kuri murandasi muburyo bwiza , bugezweho kandi bwihuse, rikagera kuri benshi barikeneye icyarimwe mu gihe gito ( Job Placement Services), saba iyi service nonaha : KANDA HANO
Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda KANDA HANO
Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
103 All the time, 1 To day