Farm Manager at Mulindi Factory Company Limited (Deadline: 09th may,2022)
Mulindi Factory Company Limited
Jobs Description Details
Mulindi Factory Company Limited
Job Title: Farm Manager
Position Reports to Field Manager
Position Responsible for: Agronomists
Reporting to the Field Manager, the farm manager is responsible for effective planning, control, and monitoring of tea plantation activities in order to achieve desired green leaf quality and maximum productivity at minimum cost.
- Quality service to farmers and other stakeholders.
- Securing an adequate number of pluckers and their management to achieve the right productivity level and quality of green leaf.
- Improved yield/production per unit area/bush.
- Consistent supply of acceptable quality green leaf to the processing unit through proper management of entire green leaf logistic.
- Timely delivery of plucked green leaf to the factory.
- Effective mobilization and utilization of resources.
Farm manager Key Responsibilities
- Deliver the business targets aligned to the KPIs – Volume, cost, and quality.
- Increase yield per unit of hectare in assigned tea plantations at minimum cost.
- Deliver green leaf of acceptable quality.
- Ensure effective crop husbandry in the farm in order to maximize yield per unit area/bush.
- Liaise with research institutions on experiments and trials of crops in the farm.
- Ensure control and monitoring of green leaf logistics processes are running smoothly.
- Ensure compliance to the relevant statutory, legal, and other requirements as may be required.
- Maintain accurate records, preparing, and presenting reports as required.
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of farm inputs.
- Prepare seedlings (tea and trees)/planting materials for the farm in a timely manner.
- Inspect the access roads within the farm and ensuring timely repairs are carried out.
- Recruit, instruct and supervise farmworkers.
- Train and develop agronomists and other plantation workers on tea harvesting and other agronomic practices.
- Supervise, appraise staff and identify their development and training needs on a regular basis and coordinate the trainings while ensuring achievement of set targets.
- Communicate all company policies and procedures to the field (farmers and staff) and manage any arising industrial relations.
- Participate in farmers’ monthly and quarterly review meetings.
- Prepare budgets and control farm costs.
- Support implementation of certification programs e.g. Rainforest alliance, Food safety, etc.
- Ensure health and safety for all employees at all times.
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Sound tea farming knowledge ideally with a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or an equivalent agricultural-related field.
- At least five (5) years of proven working experience in a similar role, 3 of which should be in tea field management.
- Smallholder experience shall be an added advantage.
- Strong practical understanding of new planting, tea agronomy, and production logistics.
- Ability to work in rural settings and communicate effectively across cultural divides.
- Ability to develop, retain, and manage an effective team.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be computer literate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with good proficiency in spoken and written Kinyarwanda and English.
How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter All in one document) by CLICKING HERE not later than 9th May 2022.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 09th/ May/ 2022
WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gukora Job Application mu buryo bwihuse kandi bwizewe (Online Application Assistance & Career Counceling), saba ubufasha nonaha : KANDA HANO
WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gutambutsa itangazo ry’Akazi kuri murandasi muburyo bwiza , bugezweho kandi bwihuse, rikagera kuri benshi barikeneye icyarimwe mu gihe gito ( Job Placement Services), saba iyi service nonaha : KANDA HANO
Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda KANDA HANO
Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
312 All the time, 1 To day