Field Security Associate at UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (Deadline: 7th June, 2022)
This position is advertised open to Group 1, Group 2, if applicable and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Duties and Qualifications
– Provide assistance to the supervisor in evaluating the level of risk and assessing the existing security measures for the UNHCR staff, operations, premises, partners and persons of concern.
– Conduct regular security assessment missions to the field as required in coordination with UNDSS/other agencies; gather and analyse information about the security situation during field missions.
– Be aware of security protocols and procedures in place in accordance with the UNSMS policies, UNHCR Policies and the, Security Risk Management process for the designated area ;
– Conduct checks for compliance and advise management on any deficiencies.
– Monitor the physical security of UNHCR premises and reports on deficiencies.
– Monitor and supervise the guard force In accordance with relevant UNSMS policies and guidance.
– Assist UNHCR Protection Colleagues in efforts to ensure the physical protection and security of refugees and other persons of concern.
– Provide support during implementation of security-related projects.
– Assist in the monitoring, updating and reporting of security-related events.
– Assist in the processing of administrative security issues.
– Maintain relations and cooperation with UN security management system actors, local law enforcement agencies, civil authorities and other relevant agencies.
– Provide security briefings and training to UNHCR staff, and as appropriate partner staff, on relevant security risk management processes and measures for the country concerned to include security situation updates, , the warden system, communication notification and reporting procedures, travel planning procedures road air and fire safety.
– Respond to staff queries on security issues and provide immediate assistance as required.
– Provide security-related advice to the manager and other staff.
– Maintain liaison and build relationships with Host Government Security Forces and security counterparts.
– Perform other related duties as required.Minimum Qualifications
Education & Professional Work Experience
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Security and Safety
Relevant Job Experience
High level of knowledge in the security field
FS-Field Security Operations
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
See below for this postion’s Operational Context
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Field Security Associate provides support to all security related aspects of field operations including Staff, premises and asset security.
The incumbent is supervised by a Senior Officer (FSA or Head of Office) who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR staff members, UN agencies, NGOs, implementing partners and Host Government Security authorities (HGS) in the area to facilitate the operation.
The duty of the incumbent is to support and monitor the management of security issues.All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Closing date for submissions or applications is 07 June 2022
🌐 How to Apply
Mode of Application and any other relevant application information
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Job & Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Hiring & HR Managements related Services, BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SERVICES : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner in finding Dreamed Job to achieve your career success by simply helping you in the following CAREER & JOB SEARCH SERVICES : CV, Resume and Cover Letter SERVICES , Job Search, Online Job Application Assistances, Soft Skills & Career Advisory Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 Get all career Opportunities across Job market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
882 All the time, 1 To day