🏘️ About the Company and Job Details
International Alert has been working for 30 years with people directly affected by conflict to find peaceful solutions. We believe in a world where people resolve their differences without violence and can build a more peaceful future for their families and communities.
📋 Job Description
Finance and Administration Officer
Rwanda Finance and Operations Manager
1-year contract, renewable
This position is based in Kigali with travel in rural Rwanda,
We are recruiting the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant to join our Rwanda team. M&E Assistant is supporting position and reports to Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Job Purpose
Reporting to the Rwanda Finance and Operations Manager, the post holder will support Alert Rwanda staff and partners and contribute to the programme’s impact and sustainability by providing essential administrative support across the finance, HR, and administration function, in line with Rwanda’s laws and Alert’s international policies and procedures. S/he will also provide occasional support to other Alert finance, HR and administration staff, and partners in the region, as required.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
Finance and Accounting
- Ensure timely payments of all invoices for International Alert Rwanda in line with established donor and organisational financial procedures and regulations.
- Ensuring proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents.
- Process for payment and maintain individual staff mission expenditure; advances and balances
- Keep and maintain daily updates of all the required International Alert Rwanda Office books of accounts, records, inventory, and files in order and all financial transactions captured and entered in excel sheet of office accounts
- Provide support to financial assessments and capacity building of Alert’s partners concerning the management of funds where required.
- Support production and maintaining of budgets and other financial information.
- Provide support with filing and administration of financial procedures.
- Produce for review and final approval of the Finance and Operations Manager, all the Office monthly accounts
- Undertake timely preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliations.
- Prepare documentation and audit files for project audits done by external auditors and Alert offices; participate in verifying partner expenditure.
- Assist in the induction and orientation of country staff with regards to Alert RWANDA’s finance systems.
- Ensure Alert’s tax payments and other statutory obligations are administered in accordance with Rwanda law
- Support in partner sub-contracting agreements and partner financial assessments when required.
- Undertake procurement of goods and services in keeping with the International Alert Rwanda’ rules and procedures
- Manage the preparation and monitoring of service providers’ contracts
- Keep stock of office supplies and inventory of International Alert Rwanda property and equipment
- Management of office vehicles in accordance with the International Alert Rwanda’s vehicle management policy and instructions in force.
- Ensure the quality of Alert’s facilities in Rwanda, including workspaces, property, and equipment as well as service provision relating to the upkeep, maintenance, and security of facilities according to International Alert Rwanda standards
- Ensure all administrative documents necessary for the proper functioning of the office and staff are obtained from the relevant authorities.
- Proper management and control of office safe and petty cash box
- Ensure administrative support to all staff and International Alert Rwanda’s visiting mission as required
- Support Alert partners in office administration issues as required.
- Take minutes at team meetings and contribute to excellent internal communication in the office.
- Keep the office in good order and safety; ensuring that leases are kept up-to-date and facilities such as water, electricity, etc. are maintained;
- Manage vehicles, computer equipment’s, office supplies, and other project assets;
- Maintain an inventory of all Alert assets;
- Oversee effectiveness and timely renewal of all insurance policies;
- Record and monitor staff attendance and movements.
- Help organize meetings as and when required, in coordination with the Finance and Operations Manager
- Respond to queries from Head Office and collaborate with Alert’s London office, especially the Finance, IT, and HR teams through her/his supervisor.
- Be an active member of the Alert team in Rwanda and support and assist colleagues.
- Act as a focal point for finance, administration, and HR in the absence of the Rwanda Finance and Operations Manager
- Any other duties which contribute to the smooth running of International Alert Rwanda, as required by the Supervisor.
💼 Job Specification
At Alert, we have introduced Talent Management to our business model as we believe talented people are crucial to the success of our work. We believe all individuals are talented and that success comes in matching the right talents to the right roles.
For this role, the skills, qualifications, and experience listed below are important, but we believe that to be great in this job you are likely, first and foremost, to have a talent for analytical thinking and persuasive communication, balanced with a constructive and collegial personal working style that can advance Alert’s goals of coalition-building and promoting peaceful outcomes in Rwanda. This is what we will be looking for above all else.
🌐 How to Apply
To apply, please fill out the necessary information and submit the following
- Cover letter motivation why you think you are the most fitting to this position;
- Curriculum vitae (Maximum 2 pages) with 2 referees;
- Exemple of any data analysis report (1 page) you did six months ago
- Include your names and position you are applying for into your email subject e.g. GIRINKA Marie, M&E Assistant Application.
Closing date: Friday, 16nd April 2021 at 5 pm, applications beyond this deadline will be rejected.
Please send your applications to:Rwanda@international-alert.org
International Alert is an inclusive and gender sensitive workplace. We encourage women to apply for this position.
GOOD LUCK IN EVERY OPPORTUNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – © 2021 ACR COMPANY Ltd All rights reserved
59 All the time, 1 To day