🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
University of Kigali, one of the leading Higher Learning Institutions in Rwanda is looking to fill the position of a Finance Manager who will be responsible for the budget planning, budget execution, financial performance reporting, monitoring accounts, and preparing activity reports to allow management to make the best business decisions.
📋 Job Description Details
A fully accredited/chartered University by The Government of Rwanda
P.O BOX 2611, Kigali-Rwanda
Tel: + 250 788303386/+250789009221/ +250788303385
Reporting line: The position reports to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Finance & Administration.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the Budget preparation and execution for the University
- Prepare Quarterly and end of year financial reports for the University including P&L and the Balance sheet
- Track the University’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Lead initiatives for minimising financial risk to the University.
- Prepare monthly cashflow forecasts
- Provide insightful information and expectations to Senior Management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Present financial reports to Board members, stakeholders, Management, and clients in formal meetings.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the University.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Establish and develop relations with senior management, external partners, and stakeholders.
- Providing leadership, direction, and management to the finance and accounting team
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the University such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions.
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Must be a CPA (R) or a CPA (K) qualified
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business Area (preferably Accounting or Finance Option) from a recognised University.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting of Business Administration from a recognized University will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications particularly advanced excel, and accounting packages such as Quick books, Microsoft Dynamics, ACCPAC, etc.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- MUST have Minimum of at least five (5) years’ experience as a Chief Accountant or Finance Officer
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills both oral and in writing.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
All interested candidates should submit an application package that includes the following:
(1) A cover letter;
(2) A comprehensive CV giving details of three referees;
(3) Copies of the academic credentials with transcripts and any other testimonials;
Please address your application to the Vice Chancellor University of Kigali and send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 8th November 2021 at 5:00 PM. Only Online applications will be accepted.
Prof. Dr. TOMBOLA M. Gustave,
VISIT CAREER IN RWANDA Ltd’s SERVICE PAGE AND GET QUICK ONLINE CAREERS /JOBS OR EDUCATIONAL APPLICATION ASSISTNCES , ADVERTISEMENT AND RECRUITMENT SERIVICES RIGHT NOW
54 All the time, 1 To day