GIZ Rwanda is hiring Digital Inclusion Advisor (Closing: 05th May,2022)
Jobs Description Details
Vacancy for a Digital Inclusion Advisor for Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development (DSSD) Programme
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The project “Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development” (DSSD) advises Rwandan institutions on the implementation of the Smart Rwanda Master Plan (2016-2020) and its priority projects. The project aims at promoting the development of digital solutions in collaboration with sector ministries, local and international private companies, research institutions and civil society. The development of pioneering solutions is supported and managed by the newly created Center for Digital Transformation (CDT) – a project unit of DSSD.
The Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development project entered a new phase in 2021. In addition to digital solutions that are being developed together with the Rwandan partner authorities, more vulnerable groups such as the rural population, women and people with disabilities are to be involved in the digital transformation in line with the approach “Leave no one behind”. One of the project objectives is designed to develop initiatives to promote digital participation in collaboration between public and private stakeholders. The assumption here is that digital skills, combined with target-group-specific digital services, will enable a large proportion of the population to be part of the digital transformation and use these services. To reach the target groups effectively, use leveraging effects and develop user-centric services, stronger cooperation between public and private actors is being promoted. This will contribute to develop and offer services in a systematic and coordinated manner.
GIZ Rwanda is currently looking for an Advisor for the DSSD programme, to support the existing team to implement the training activities around the focus area of digital inclusion and to help develop target group specific training measures to strengthen digital skills, especially for women and people with disabilities.
Fixed Term: 12 months (renewable upon review)
Position: One (1)
The Digital Inclusion Advisor performs the following responsibilities and tasks:
The Digital Inclusion Advisor under supervision of the Project Manager, is responsible for:
- Assume responsibilities in managing the above-mentioned initiative around digital inclusion and capacity building for 40,000 Rwandans outside of Kigali
- Manage partnerships with the concerned public and private stakeholders enabling political steering in the implementation
- Represent the project in technical working groups with partners and other donors
- Manage contracts with consulting companies and implementing partners
- Manage technical events and networks and ensure internal knowledge management in the areas of responsibility
- Contribute to cross-cutting responsibilities such as monitoring & evaluation, communication, financial planning, reporting to BMZ and conceptualization of a follow up project
- Assuming responsibility for building close collaborations with other projects, e.g. regional or global.
The Digital Inclusion Advisor performs the following tasks:
- Work closely with MINICT, RISA and the municipal government partners implementing DSSD’s digital inclusion activities
- Participate in selection process of the content, features and technology to be used during project implementation.
- Facilitate communication/workshops with stakeholders and implementation team
- Assist and monitor different activities and ensure compliance with the design and scope
- Supervise resolution of issues around project implementation
C. Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- University degree either in a digital topic/computer science or with a focus on pedagogy, educational science, distance education/educational technology, education management or comparable degree
- Digital literacy and very good computer skills if graduated in the field of education or other Teaching/tutoring experience if graduated in a digital topic (e.g. computer science)
- Diplomatic talent and profound understanding of and experience with public sector organizations ideally demonstrated by work experience in Rwanda
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of digital transformation as well as public sector innovation
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills, with keen attention to interpersonal skills and effective, culturally sensitive communication
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with diverse teams
- Excellent English and Kinyarwanda is required; German skills preferred; French and other AU languages are an asset.
- Further qualification or training in project management and/or agile methods
- At least 4 years’ professional experience after graduating
- Experience in the moderation of workshops
- At least 2 years of experience in consulting, ideally in accompanying development or change processes
- Experience in projects of development cooperation or international cooperation, preferably with GIZ
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Know-how on social media and/or communication with digital media
- Experience with learning management and/or content management systems
- Experience in working with the tech start-up scene
- Experience with blended-learning models
- Know-how about web platforms, mobile applications, working with data
How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until 5th May 2022 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to email@example.com. The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please let us know, if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to consider, when considering your application. Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 05th/ May/ 2022
WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gukora Job Application mu buryo bwihuse kandi bwizewe (Online Application Assistance & Career Counceling), saba ubufasha nonaha : KANDA HANO
WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gutambutsa itangazo ry’Akazi kuri murandasi muburyo bwiza , bugezweho kandi bwihuse, rikagera kuri benshi barikeneye icyarimwe mu gihe gito ( Job Placement Services), saba iyi service nonaha : KANDA HANO
Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda KANDA HANO
Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
280 All the time, 1 To day