🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Grant Financial Analyst at World Vision Rwanda ( Deadline: 08th April 2022)
Grant Financial Analyst
World Vision Rwanda is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 29 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Grant Financial Analyst. The position will be based at Head to the Grant Finance Manager.
Purpose of the position:
To provide support in all aspects of grants financial analysis and management in the National Office. This position is responsible for coordinating planning and budgeting, donor financial reporting, compliance in line with WVR policies and procedures, providing accurate grants financial analysis and advice in relation to all grants. S/he will support budget holders in understanding and interpreting the budget and monitoring grants spending. S/he will be responsible for supporting in developing grants proposals and budgets to ensure that they are in line with donor requirements and World Vision standards.
The major responsibilities include:
% of time
Financial planning, Budgeting and proposal development support.
- Coordinate the grants planning and budgeting process and provide support and advise to ensure WVI and donor guidelines are met.
- Support in the management of National Office grants budgets, cash flow and projects funding, and ensure that program/project spending is in line with approved budgets and timelines.
- Provide support to grants proposal development, budgeting and review processes, ensuring all staff inputs happen in timely and effective manner and are in line with donor requirements and World Vision financial standards
- Analysis of grant projects and support in the process of grants closures to ensure financial risks are mitigated. Support in the preparation for internal, GC and external audits for the grants / projects running at National Office and ensure that all recommendations are implemented
- Efficient and effective financial planning and budgeting processes in line with WVI & donor requirements.
- Programs/Projects coordinators/Managers are advised on efficient budget utilization in a timely manner.
- Improved grants efficiency and program/projects’ burn rate levels.
- Timely proposal development support and submission that comply with donors and WV requirements.
- Compliance with WV and donor guidelines in phasing out grants projects is observed
- Internal and external audit recommendations are shared and explained to relevant departments
- Timely implementation of internal and external audit recommendations.
Financial analysis, reporting and Compliance,
- Review grants monthly expenditures and ensure that transactions are coded correctly in accordance to WVR coding structure.
- Identify the grant transactions requiring reclassifications and ensure that they are processed in the accounting system.
- Regularly review expenses allocated to grants to confirm that they are all allowable expenses based on the approved grant budget and agreement.
- Support in managing grants related risks by ensuring compliance with Labor Distribution Reports (LDR) requirements, screening of suppliers/service providers and timely reimbursement from donors
- Review the reconciliation of My PBAS (Programme & Budget Accounting System) and SUN budgets to ensure that they are always reconciled.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of financial reports to donors and government regulatory agencies
- Provide value added ad hoc financial analysis to budget holders/ project managers/coordinators to inform decision making
- Strong financial control systems in place for proper resource management
- No donor/ audit disallowed costs.
- All reported expenses are compliant with the donors requirements
- All grants procedures related risks are mitigated and well managed
- Suppliers and sub grantees are screened before engaging with them.
- MyPBAS reconciled monthly and any issue followed up with relevant Support Office
- Accurate and quality financial reports are timely submitted to all stakeholders
Office and Partner Support Function:
- Provide support in the pre-assessment and due diligence checks and performance evaluation for new sub-grantees.
- Capacity Building of partners in understanding WVI finance and grants management processes and procedures.
- Capacity Building of Budget Holders & field staff in Awards Management
- Coordinate and support the audit of Implementing Partners
- Follow up with the partner and ensure partner financial reports are submitted and validated for timely reporting
- Partner capacity assessment effectively done and ahead of time
- Partner management indicators including risk mitigation plan effectively done and monitored ahead of time.
- Unqualified opinion / clean audit reports are obtained and audit recommendations are implemented timely.
Quality and timely partner financial report is submitted.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Required Professional Experience
- Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in financial accounting,
- Must have at least a University degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Must have experience in International NGO.
- Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
- Must have proven knowledge and experience in accounting packages and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems. Knowledge of SUNsystems and Vision executive will be an added advantage.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have proven analytical skills with eye for details.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
N.B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/WorldVisionInternational
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is 08th April 2022; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
UBU Biroroshyeeeeeeeeeeeee , Witindaa, Saba Service ushaka kuri WIDECareers Group Ltd byihuse unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
💼 Interview Tips | Permanent TOP Ten (10) Interview Questions and how you can answer them , Click the Link to read more : 👉🏽 https://widecareers.com/permanent-top-ten-10-interview-questions-and-how-you-can-answer-them/
43 All the time, 1 To day