Head, Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) at University of Global Health Equity(UGHE)(Deadline: Ongoing)
Head, Clinical Trials Unit (CTU)
Title: Head, Clinical Trials Unit (CTU)
Reports to: Director, Institute of Global Health Equity Research (IGHER)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda, with occasional travel to Butaro, Rwanda
The Institute of Global Health Equity Research (IGHER) at the University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is looking to appoint Head, Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) to work on a range of clinical trial within the Institute that contributes to UGHE’s vision and mission through high-quality research and research training. As the epicenter of global health equity research and research training, IGHER generate and disseminate new and important knowledge for eliminating health inequities. It will also develop and deliver education and training that will ideally equip researchers to identify and solve problems related to health inequity.
One of the initiatives of IGHER is to establish a Clinical Trials Unit (CTU). The individual will join the collaborative research and clinical team working on various clinical research projects within IGHER. The post-holder will oversee and monitor all aspects of the conduct of the trial including establishment of CTU, staffing and training to ensure milestones are achieved on time. The post holder will be actively participating in writing up of grant applications and study protocols. The individual will provide guidance and supervision of MBBS and MGHD students in the conduct of clinical studies.
- To support the establishment of UGHE’s clinical trial unit at IGHER; develop business plan, timelines, key deliverables and ensure trial objectives are clearly described and achievable;
- To conduct research facility readiness assessment; establishing clinical facility and research staff training needs;
- To support clinical research including an IMP clinical trial with strict monitoring and reporting requirements;
- Contribute to finalising clinical trials protocols, data collection tools, consenting procedures and co-ordinate ethics submissions;
- Ensure research reports are of high-quality and submitted on time;
- To develop SOPs/MOPs for participant recruitment, laboratory procedures, pharmacy procedures, data collection, management and overall conduct of clinical trials;
- Detect and promptly correct and report any errors in trial conduct and deviations from trial protocols as they arise;
- Ensure effective, ongoing, and regular communication between trial team members; and effectively manage the budget of the trial;
- To support the design of clinical trials research studies, including contributing to the development of case record forms, data management systems, and standard operating procedures;
- Monitor ongoing studies ensuring that the study protocols are adhered to consistently at different study sites;
- Oversee the recording and reporting of clinical adverse events, proactively anticipate and mitigate risks for all trials, and promptly liaison with study PIs;
- Liaise with independent Data Monitoring Committees, Steering Committees and other regulatory bodies related to the conduct of the study;
- Maintain excellent relations with stakeholders locally, external partners partners, donors and collaborators;
- Contribute to dissemination, in particular the publication, of research findings;
- To proactively develop new research ideas for generating future research income;
- To manage clinical research grants and promote and ensure compliance with good practice in relation to the conduct of research, the country ethics guidelines, and other relevant UGHE and donor’s policies;
- Make an effective contribution to the wider UGHE academic community including contribute to the academic life by teaching MBBS and MGHD students in clinical trials design and conduct;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MBBS/MD with experience in clinical trials, epidemiology, medical statistics, public health (with a strong quantitative component) or relevant subject;
- Do you want to add experience in serving as a PI in trials? Or won grants?
- Or established a center?
- Proven experience is winning grants? Or proposals submitted as PI?
- At least 3 years of proven practical experience of working in clinical trials as a researcher;
- Experience of working as a clinician managing patients in a clinical environment or extensive experience of implementation and monitoring of clinical trials;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster collaborative relationships with colleagues and external partners;
- Proven track record of publishing original clinical research in peer-reviewed journals particularly focusing on clinical trials studies;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work;
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight timelines;
- Ability to develop ideas for new clinical trials research projects and research income generation;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary environment in low-resource settings;
- Ability to direct the work of a small research team and motivate others to produce a high standard of work;
- Ability to organize own work with minimal supervision; ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively;
- Advanced computer skills, including word-processing, spreadsheets, and G-suites
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is growing the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all. The University launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD). Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system. UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality healthcare to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The UGHE team seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team. Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Commitment to Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual Harassment:
At UGHE, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including community members – as well as our students, contractors, staff and visitors to our campus are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment and any form of systemic abuse, whilst reducing risk and vulnerabilities. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with UGHE’s policy.
UGHE will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of fraud, harassment, sexual harassment and any form of systemic abuse or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
🌐 How to Apply
Applicants should provide: (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter, (3) names and contact information of three professional references who can attest o work experience, and (4) copies of all degrees earned. Please upload your cover letter and copies of degrees as a single PDF file under “Additional Files” on the application page. by clicking on the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW” button below not later than
Mode of Application and any other relevant application information
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Job & Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Hiring & HR Managements related Services, BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SERVICES : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner in finding Dreamed Job to achieve your career success by simply helping you in the following CAREER & JOB SEARCH SERVICES : CV, Resume and Cover Letter SERVICES , Job Search, Online Job Application Assistances, Soft Skills & Career Advisory Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 Get all career Opportunities across Job market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
1,855 All the time, 1 To day