🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
World Relief Rwanda is implementing a USAID funded SCOPE COVID-19 Project and is seeking to provide COVID-19 prevention and preparedness activities at community level. The project will inform, engage and empower the public through timely and consistent provision of key messages on COVID-19 as well as disseminating SBCC messages around COVID vaccines at the community and faith institution level. World Relief Rwanda, therefore invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the vacant position specified above.
World Relief is an International Christian NGO working in Health, Economic Development, Disaster response, and Refugee resettlement. World Relief’s mission is empowering local churches to serve the most vulnerable.
Functions in general
The position holder will provide effective coordination of all concerned stakeholders and Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) task forces at the district level around COVID-19 prevention and preparedness activities within the assigned district. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of Risk Communication and Community Engagement, and infection prevention and control of COVID-19 activities.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Health Communication Coordinator
Job Closing Date
Number of Job Positions
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish and support district level RCCE task forces (that include government, partners, national faith networks and other stakeholders) in planning and coordination of responses on COVID-19 RCCE activities.
- Support capacity building of local faith leaders around COVID-19 prevention and control efforts.
- Organize trainings and capacitate all concerned community volunteers to help with community sensitization, and conduct home visits with provided COVID-19 prevention and control messages within the district.
- Conduct regular awareness and community outreach campaigns to control and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Work with all concerned institutions, media houses and social media platforms to eliminate misinformation and rumors around COVID-19 and Vaccines.
- Improve the health of the population through promoting safe hygiene practices and ensuring community involvement ownership in the delivery of essential primary health services.
- Provide and timely disseminate adapted RCCE messages to targeted beneficiaries.
- Map community led RCCE (Risk Communication and Community Engagement) activities for complementarity and consistency.
- Liaise with Monitoring and Evaluation team in conducting assessments to inform the response.
- .Collaborate with the community health workers and local leaders to collect feedback, rumors and misinformation on COVID-19 and use the information gathered to adapt communication and community engagement activities.
- Compile and share ideas and methods on how to engage communities in a two-way communication mechanism.
- Carry out other activities assigned by and mutually agreed on with your supervisor.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Journalism.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in conditions with limited resources.
- Ability to work with different faith leaders in the community.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are vital.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and to deal with problems/issues promptly and efficiently.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
Job Experience Needed
- 2 years’ experience in the implementation of community-based programs, preferably in outbreak related-interventions during emergencies.
- Experience working with community leaders at all levels.
- Willingness to live in the assigned district to follow up on project activities implemented within all sectors of the district.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Job Application Documents Needed
- Please submit a motivation letter addressed to the Country Director of World Relief Rwanda, copy of your notified degree, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with 2 names of referees, a copy of your national identity card and a church recommendation from your Pastor or Priest by the 2nd of August 2021. Please send them all by e-mail as one PDF document to WRrwanda@wr.org and do not exceed 2MB.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than 13th/August/ 2021,
31 All the time, 1 To day