🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Human Resource and Administration Manager at Smart Africa Secretariat(Deadline: 17th April, 2022)
Human Resource and Administration Manager at Smart Africa Secretariat: (Deadline 17 April 2022)
Terms of Reference for recruitment of HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
- Position Title: Human Resource and Administration Manager
- Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
- Contract Duration: Three years, renewable
- Application Deadline: 17th April 2022
About the Smart Africa
The Smart Africa Alliance is a partnership among African countries adhering to the Smart Africa Manifesto (herein after referred to as “the Manifesto”), the African Union (AU Commission, AUDA, specialized institutions and Regional Economic Communities), the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), the African Development Bank (AfDB), the World Bank, the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), the Private Sector, Academic and Research Institutions.
The Smart Africa Alliance (or Smart Africa) is a bold and innovative commitment from African Heads of State and Government to accelerate sustainable socio-economic development on the continent, ushering Africa into a knowledge economy through the usage of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT).
On 30th-31st January 2014, the Smart Africa Manifesto was endorsed by all Heads of State and Government of the African Union at the 22nd Ordinary Session of the Assembly of the African Union in Addis Ababa. This development places the Manifesto at the heart of the ICT agenda in Africa beyond just the 7 original signatories at the Summit to all African countries. The Smart Africa Alliance has since grown to include 32 African countries that represent 815+ million people.
The Smart Africa Manifesto aims to put ICT at the center of the continental and national socio-economic development of Member States. This means increasing access to ICT solutions, improving accountability, efficiency, and openness through ICT, promoting the introduction of advanced technologies in telecommunication, strengthening the private sector, leveraging ICT to promote sustainable development.
The Smart Africa Alliance is a multilateral organization and serves as the framework for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Manifesto, designed to make it actionable. The Smart Africa Alliance is a not-for-profit organization.
The organization develops continent-wide goals and milestones as well as best practices to guide the implementation of the Smart Africa Initiative. In light of the above, each adhering country develops and implements flagship projects with clear targets and milestones. These need to be strongly aligned to the Smart Africa Alliance principles. The Alliance provides technical support to countries in the development and implementation of the flagship projects. The organization also assists governments to the extent possible to mobilize funding from development partners and the Private Sector in order to implement their flagship projects.
Visit https://smartafrica.org/ for more information about Smart Africa.
Responsibilities and work relationships
The Human Resource and Administration Manager will be in charge of personnel management, including the process of recruitment and appointment of staff, performance management, remunerations and benefits, staff welfare, etc. as well as administration management. She/He will advise the Management and Staff on Human Resource Management and Administration matters and will lead the planning and implementation of Human Resource Management initiatives.
She/He will work under the direct supervision of Head of Corporate Services and in collaboration with the Finance team, Heads of Departments and Legal team.
Specifically, this position will cover the following areas of work:
1.Human Resource Management Policies and Procedures
- Ensure implementation of and compliance with the human resource management related policies and procedures
- Provide support to staff and Management in interpretation of human resource management policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- Propose relevant improvements to Human Resource Management policies and procedures in line with organizational needs, best practices and applicable laws.
- Implement solutions for digitalization of Human Resource Management processes
- Collect staff and Management feedback for continuous improvement of efficient Human Resource Management
- Raise awareness for staff and Management on prevention and response any form of harassment, discrimination, inequality, exploitation, and abuse.
- Consultant the Legal unit to opinion on Human Resource contentious issues
- Work with Heads of Department to plan recruitments for vacant positions.
- Ensure posting of vacancy announcements in a timely manner, review the requirements and profile needed and identify appropriate dissemination channels,
- Facilitate recruitment of staff to vacant posts by applying approved recruitment procedures.
- Conduct pre-screening of candidates based on the essential requirements of the vacancy announcement;
- Work with hiring managers for selection relevant and efficient evaluation and interview
- Support the applicants’ selection processes including interviews in coordination with the hiring managers, draft and or review interview reports
- Prepare and communicate approved offer letters with selected candidates
- Conduct background reference checks of selected candidates;
- Coordinate with hiring managers onboarding and induction of newly recruited staff.
3.Staff performance management
- Contribute to continuous improvements of performance management processes
- Provide to employees and supervisors information and advice in relation to performance management processes
- Conduct quality assurances checks on performance appraisal documents.
- Provide support to employees and supervisors in dealing with issues relating to performance management
- Review and file all performance related documentation prepared by performance evaluators and manage related HR administrative processes
4.Staff Contracts and Benefits
- Provide support in the budgeting and planning processes particularly with information relating staffing and staff capacity development needs
- Prepare employment contracts for employees and individual contractors
- Initiate with Supervisors and Management contract renewal processes at least 2 months before the expiry of existing contracts
- Prepare human resource related correspondence for Management’s approval
- Contribute to reviews of remunerations and benefits plan
5.Staff capacity development
- Coordinate with heads of departments to identify capacity development needs
- Compile training needs for Management’s approval
- Update the training needs plan with achievement/ completion status
- Administer staff capacity development initiatives including need-based learning courses, seminars, study tours, etc.
- Work with managers to identify capacity gaps and solution proposals including training, required skill resources, etc.
6.Filing and Archiving
- Maintain and update all personnel records and documents
- File and archive correspondences, reports and documents relating to human resource and administration management
- Maintain updated records of staff emergency contact information
- Ensure that confidentiality is preserved for confidential records and documents
7.Staff relocation and privileges
- Prepare correspondences and process administrative formalities for staff residence visa applications and privileges offered in the by Host Country Agreement
- Provide support to staff requests for residence visas and foreigner identity cards
- Provide support to staff on requests for duty free privileges
- Keep records and filing of staff on residence visa and initiate visa renewal process at least 2 months prior to the expiry date
- Provide support with relocation arrangements in coordination with the logistics unit
8.General Support to Staff
- Maintain updated leave records and filing; and liaise with staff and supervisors to ensure staff plan to take their annual leave within the period they are due.
- Provide assistance to staff on Human Resource related requests including on loan recommendations, pay slips, leave, etc.
- Prepare human resource related correspondences and communications.
- Administer the health and life insurance contracts for staff and their dependents, including premium negotiations, contract renewals, staff refund claims for medical expenses, additions and removals of members, etc.
- Liaise and update staff declarations for relevant Government institutions such as Rwanda Social Security Board for pension, Rwanda Development Board for student loans recovery, etc.
- Receive staff grievance and refer where appropriate to the right management level.
- Representation of Human Resources Unit in internal task force/ working groups
- Manage the office rental contract
- Plan and allocate office working space and ensure provision of needed equipment to staff
- Ensure effective services for office security, cleaning and fumigation, utilities, air conditioning maintenance, waste management, etc.
- Organize timely office preventive maintenance
- Liaise with insurance broker for insurance claims and timely policy renewals for medical and property insurance
- Manage vehicles fueling and maintenance and produce monthly fuel usage report
- Respond to staff administrative requests and refer where appropriate to the right management level.
- Manage and keep records of office supplies.
- Organize equipment inventory tracking and tagging
- Initiate requests for personnel and administration related needs and certify the delivery of goods or services
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisors
Duration of the contract
The expected duration of the contract will be of 3 years and may be extended subject to availability of funds.
The position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
Key Qualification Requirements
- Minimum of 7 years of proven managerial experience in human resource management with in-depth expertise in human resource management policies, recruitments, performance management, remunerations and benefits.
- Experience in office administration management is desirable.
- Experience in international/ multilateral organizations is desirable.
- Experience of using human resource management software applications is desirable.
- Familiarity with Rwandan labor laws would be an asset.
Education and Training
- University degree in Human Resource Management, Law, Management, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Certification in human resources management would be an asset.
English language proficiency in both written and oral communication is required. Proficiency in French will be an advantage.
Application Instructions and Deadline
Candidates should send the following documents to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with mention of “HR and Admin Manager” in the subject:
- A detailed CV in either English or French.
- A one-page cover letter with a motivation statement in relation to the responsibilities and requirements for this position.
- Copies of academic degree, professional training certificates, and other relevant certificates
The deadline of application is 17th April 2022 at 05:00PM (Local time, Kigali)
Only selected candidates for interview will be contacted
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
UBU Biroroshyeeeeeeeeeeeee , Witindaa, Saba Service ushaka kuri WIDECareers Group Ltd byihuse unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
💼 Interview Tips | Permanent TOP Ten (10) Interview Questions and how you can answer them , Click the Link to read more : 👉🏽 https://widecareers.com/permanent-top-ten-10-interview-questions-and-how-you-can-answer-them/
47 All the time, 1 To day