Human Resources Intern at The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)(Deadline: 5th July, 2022)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
ORGANISATIONAL CONTEXT AND JOB PURPOSE
This internship position will be based in WFP Rwanda, Kigali Country Office and the selected incumbent will report to the Human Resources Officer and will be expected to deliver a range of routine business support tasks to effectively support the team’s processes in a way that helps us deliver on our objectives, attracting, recruiting, and onboarding new staff in the most effective way.
The role will add value to the HR unit by providing easy reporting, technical and administrative support and will play a critical role in driving the use of data in decision-making, provide support in an accurate and timely manner in various HR functional areas.
The Intern will be expected to interact with internal and external parties, and to demonstrate good teamwork, attention to detail, and client orientation skills while maintaining the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the intern will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Collect, sort, and disseminate correspondence, reports, and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards;
2. Provide support in HR functional areas such as recruitment & selection, performance management and contracting;
3. Support internal reporting and data collection in the various workstreams and establish an HR analytics dashboard;
4. Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organized and readily available for the business team;
5. Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide timely and accurate service to clients;
6. Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
7. Support the leadership team with reporting and summarizing HR transactional data;
8. Assist in HR process improvements based on data outcomes;
9. Help in coordinating tasks in support of small projects and events;
10. Any other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Currently enrolled and has attended 2 years of undergraduate study or recently graduated (less than 12 months) with a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a recognized university preferable in Human Resources Management, Business Management, Business Analytics, Operations Management, or related field.
Experience: Not a mandatory requirement, but an internship in similar capacities would be an added value
Knowledge & Skills: • Understanding of Human Resources functional areas and practices;
• Knowledge of standardized business support work routines and methods.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information from a variety of individuals.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and timeframes;
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team setting, and to interact with an international employee population;
• Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization;
• Ability to work independently;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.;
• Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies;
• Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Languages: Fluency in English. Knowledge of French is an asset.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
05 July 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply on-line through WFP recruitment website.
This VA is open ONLY to Rwandan Nationals.
Please note that WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
🌐 How to Apply
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
1,642 All the time, 1 To day