Impact Systems Officer at World Relief International (Deadline: Ongoing)
📋 Job Description Details
World Relief is a unique and invigorating place to work. We are looking for talented, ambitious and collaborative people to come alongside our mission, vision and values as we partner with churches to empower the most vulnerable in the world. We hope these resources provide more insight into your hiring journey with us.
This position and its data functions fall under the Impact Systems Team. The main goal of the Impact Systems Team is to develop a data driven culture within World Relief International Programs. This is done through focusing on three key objective: 1. Ensure that increased data needs can be effectively supported, 2. Improve the quality and accessibility of data, and 3. Empower and strengthen data management capacity.
The Data Officer works with both Baltimore and international field-based staff. This position works with other Impact Systems Team members providing services for other units in both the home office and field offices through a cross-functional team approach. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Impact Systems Team and works with the technical programs staff, field level monitoring and evaluation staff and program managers in 8 countries with occasional multi-week trips to field sites.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Perform data cleaning, quantitative analysis and visualizations to meet donor and programmatic requirements on WR standard assessments, monitoring data, and other data as requested using R and Microsoft Power BI
- Assist with ODK survey coding needs and solving technical issues as they arise
- Integrate data from multiple data collection tools into analytical reports and dashboards, including addition of new reports and an overall dashboard of results that are used by a wider audience (Quarterly Reports, Annual Reporting, etc.)
- Responsible to ensure that data products produced by the Impact Systems team are based on accurate and comprehensive data
- Support the development and maintenance of dashboards and visualizations produced with Microsoft Power BI
- Support the development and implementation of databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with others inside and outside of Impact Systems Team to improve data flows, data quality, and data storage
- Support the response and prioritization of requests for statistical products and services from different sectors and units
- Work as a valued member of the Impact Systems Team by contributing to the Impact Systems Teams objectives to 1). Improve the quality and accessibility of data and 2). Empower and strengthen data management capacity
- Oversee and provide training and support to the field offices, primarily through remote support but occasionally through field visits
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong statistical and quantitative background
- Experience manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources ad adept at queries to present findings in tables and data visualization tools
- Experience retrieving data from source systems and using BI tools (Power BI preferred) for data analysis and visualization
- Familiarity with a broad range of technologies with the ability to quickly learn new digital data collection, platforms, and analysis tools
- Ability to develop innovative and creative solutions to statistical challenges
- Experience with ODK, ONA, SurveyCTO, KoBoToolbox or other open source data collection and management tools
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Motivated self-starter with good time-management skills who is interested in rapidly producing results
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as needed
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and experience working in cross-cultural contexts
- Flexibility to travel internationally as needed (estimated 15%)
- Proven experience using one or more of these statistical software or programming languages: Stata, SAS, SPSS, R or Python or other, with strong preference for R
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases and REST API or JSON based data sources
- Experience with Microsoft (and preferably Azure) data warehouse technologies
- Ability to formulate technical requirements and operating procedures into simple language to communicate to others
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Strong analytical, capacity assessment and planning skills
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Mature and personal Christian faith
- Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
- University degree in relevant field required (Information Technology, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Computer Science, Applied Sciences, or related field)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with data collection and analysis in development or humanitarian contexts. 5 years or more relevant progressive work experience in data management, data architecture, data governance, and/or data analysis desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory; knowledge of French is desirable but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information
- The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear
- General office setting
- Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
World Relief offers a competitive benefits package (25 hours + per week):
World Relief contributes to monthly premiums:
- Offer 16 Paid Holidays!
- Offer Paid Sick and Vacation Leave
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- FSAs: Medical & Dependent Care, & Commuter Funding
- Supplemental Life Insurance (employee, spouse, and children)
World Relief pays 100% for eligible employees:
- Group Term Life (employee, spouse, and children)
- Long Term & Short-term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Long Distant Travel Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
World Relief – Retirement:
- 401K & Roth
- WR matches up to 4%, then an additional quarter percent up to 10%
- Eligibility: Full Time is eligible after 3 months of employment. Part time is eligible after 1000 hours in a year
World Relief Discounts (Immediately Eligible):
- Pet Insurance through Nationwide
- Home and Auto insurance through Liberty Mutual
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of World Relief as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs, so that all staff share the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.
🌐 How to Apply
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Jobs /Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Hiring & HR Managements related Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner in finding Dreamed Job to achieve your career success by simply helping you in the following CAREER & JOB SEARCH SERVICES : CV, Resume and Cover Letter SERVICES , Job Search, Online Job Application Assistances, Soft Skills & Career Advisory Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 Get all career Opportunities across Job market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
10,339 All the time, 1 To day