Internal Auditor at The Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC) (Closing: 17th May,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization
Few Information About Us
Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC)
The Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC) is a statutory body established under the RAHPC Act N°46/2012 of 14/01/2013 and is committed to protecting the public and guiding the professions. The (RAHPC) overall aim is to promote, support and regulate allied health professions in Rwanda. It intends to protect the public interest through regulating the professional standards of practice, conduct, and ethics of registered allied health professionals in the country.
This carries with it the responsibility of enforcing compliance with the rules, honor and dignity of the health profession; ensuring compliance with the principles of morality, integrity and dedication essential to the practice of the profession; and ascertaining that all its registrants comply with the professional requirements, laws and regulations governing the health profession
📋 Job Description Details
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Registrar/ Chief Executive Officer(CEO)
1. Scope of Work
The RAHPC intends to hire an Internal Auditor who will be working on Part- time basis to support the Council’s financial systems and assist the Registrar in verification of monthly financial statements. He will work in close contact with the Finance team, the Procurement team, the Administration and Human Resource Team and the Registrar. The Internal Auditor will be administratively report to the registrar of RAHPC and will be accountable to the RAHPC Board of Directors.
The main duties of the Internal Auditor will comprise, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop and manage a flexible annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management, and submit that plan to the Registrar for review, and for the Board of Directors for review and approval.
- Implement the annual audit plan, as approved, including, as appropriate, any special tasks or the council requested by management and the Board; and report periodically on the status and results of the audit plan and the adequacy of resources allotted to the function.
- Determine whether the risk management, control, and governance processes within RAHPC, as designed and represented by managements, are adequate and functioning at RAHPC.
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control and risk management processes in RAHPC.
- Undertake financial, operational, administrative and information technology audits for RAHPC.
- Undertake review of systems of internal controls maintained by the council to safeguard financial and physical assets and making recommendations to correct any weaknesses.
- Provide advisory services, beyond internal auditing assurance services, to assist management in meeting its objectives; and, maintain a quality assurance program by which the function assures the operation of internal auditing activities.
- Evaluate and assess significant new services, processes, operations, and controls.
- Liaise with the external auditor as appropriate, for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage of the council.
- Review and advise management on significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the RAHPC, including potential improvements to those processes.
- Undertake such other activities deemed to be in conformity with the Institute of Internal Auditors standards and or Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAR) for the professional practice of internal auditing and accounting.
- Carry out special audits and investigations as may be required by the Board and/ or management in case fraudulent activity is suspected.
- Carry out value for money audits to ensure that resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, deployed effectively and adequately protected; in achieving plans and objectives in operations, programs and program support.
- Follow up on the implementation of external audit recommendations.
- Follow up on the implementation of internal audit recommendations and continuous monitoring of the control environment.
- Prepare reports to the Board of Directors’.
2. Academic/Professional Qualification
The Internal Auditor will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.
- Must have completed any of an internationally recognized Professional Accounting Qualifications such as (CIA, CPA, ACCA, and CQA) or its equivalent.
- Membership with the Institute of Internal Auditors or Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAR).
- Knowledge of accounting packages such as QuickBooks etc.
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and various regional statutory requirements and their application
- Working Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) would be an added advantage.
3. Other skills required
- Ability to implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behaviours and providing support to professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, data base, spreadsheets, accounting packages, email, internet and the workflow process
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications
- Risk management and audit processes.
- General fraud prevention strategies.
- Problem solving and analysis.
- Computer literacy.
- Team player.
- Ability to project and uphold Independence of mind.
- Attention to detail.
- Initiative and self-drive for high quality performance.
4. Experience Required
Five (5) years relevant experience in auditing of which at least two (2) years must have been in Internal and Risk Auditing position.
🌐 How to Apply
Mode of Application and any other relevant application information
- Application letter addressed to the Registrar of the council
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees indicating work experience
- Copies of Academic degrees
- Copy Professional certification
- Copy of ID
Application shall be addressed to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline of submission of all applications is fixed on the 17th May, 2022 at 4.00 PM.
GASHEREBUKA Jean Damascene
Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC)
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gutambutsa Amatangazo ry’Akazi ndetse n’ayandi yose ajyanye nabyo kuri murandasi muburyo bwiza , bugezweho kandi bwihuse, rikagera kuri benshi barikeneye icyarimwe mu gihe gito ( Job Promotion & Placement Services), saba iyi service nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gukora Job Application mu buryo bwihuse kandi bwizewe (Online Application Assistance & Career Counceling), saba ubufasha nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
189 All the time, 1 To day