Internship Opportunity for Waste Management Project at Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI): (Deadline: 08th April,2022)
Based in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as “green growth”, which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
The Global Green Growth Institute internship program (also called “Grow Green” Program) provides a unique learning opportunity for students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds. The program is designed for talented and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to GGGI’s operations. The program allows selected candidates to gain insight into the work of the Institute and provides assistance and training in various professional fields in a multicultural environment. We encourage qualified women and men, in particular, nationals of developing countries, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
📋 Internship Description Details
GGGI Rwanda is establishing a new project in the area of sustainable waste management and circular economy approaches to the waste sector in Rwanda. GGGI is looking for a talented individual to support the project in the areas of data collection and management; stakeholder engagement and communications; evaluation, monitoring, and reporting; and knowledge management. The selected candidate will work with GGGI Rwanda team to carry out day-to-day activities under the guidance of GGGI Rwanda Program Country Representative. The intern will gain knowledge of solid waste management service chain in Rwanda including new technologies applied to the minimization and valorization of waste as well as skills in the areas of project management, data collection and analysis, and documenting project outcomes and lessons learned.
The assignment will include the following but not limited to:
The intern will be engaged with the Rwanda team for six (6) months to engage with stakeholders, and identify opportunities to incorporate the needs of the informal sector in project activities. The intern will report to the project manager and work closely with the entire project team to deliver on the expected results.
The following are the deliverables for the intern.
- Review material and provide constructive input on all existing and new policies, reports, data for sustainable waste management.
- Carry out research, data collection and surveys to establish a database of waste aggregators and circular economy initiatives.
- Support the team in field work to identify the needs of the project and to give technical support to the project team.
- Carry out analysis on potential green financing requirements and contribute to project proposals for circular economy approaches to waste management.
- Carry out and support any other activities including: 1) organizing workshops, 2) disseminating reports to key institutions on the progress of the project and 3) organizing general logistic requirements as may be directed by the supervisor and or team manager and any ad hoc requests for project implementation.
- Support in the monitoring and evaluation activities as indicated by the project team.
- Support in information gathering and preparation of project documentation.
Applicants to the GGGI internship program must at the time of application meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s (final year), Master’s or PhD program prior to internship assignment, or a recent graduate within the last 12 months.
- Be engaged or recently engaged in academic study in a field directly related to the Institute’s work.
- Possess an excellent command of English.
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program prior to internship assignment, or a recent graduate within the last 12 months, preferably in Environmental science, environmental sanitation, environmental engineering, environmental policy, or a related field preferred.
- Be engaged (or recently engaged) in academic study in a field related to waste management.
- Be active participant in youth programmes or initiatives.
- Possess an excellent command of English and knowledge of Kinyarwanda.
- Outstanding research and analytical skills, including strong ability to analyze, integrate and summarize information from a wide range of sources.
- Proven computer literacy in office software applications, as well as willingness to learn new tools.
- Excellent English communication skills, particularly writing and/or editing experience in one or more fields related to green growth.
- Ability to work/deliver under time pressure and ensure high-quality deliverables within allocated timeframe.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds and time zones.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- GGGI evaluates applications based on eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience (if any); and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work.
- Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Duration: The internship program is for six months. Once selected, interns must begin their internship either prior to or within 12 months of graduation.
- Stipend: GGGI interns receive a monthly stipend of USD$500 per month. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Visa: GGGI will provide a supporting letter for visa. Interns will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: Intern will arrange and finance their travel to the internship location.
- Medical Insurance: Interns must present proof of valid medical insurance to GGGI upon returning the signed internship contract.
- Confidentiality: Interns must keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: Interns may get academic credit from their institution of higher education for the internship. Interns need to check with their university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
- Working Hours: Interns are expected to work during normal working hours. Leave should be pre-approved by the Country Representative, and the latter should inform the Office of HR accordingly.
- Learning Outcomes: Before completion of the internship, Intern Managers are expected to review the learning outcomes with the intern.
- Certificate: Provided upon successful completion of the internship, upon request.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Internship not later than 08th/ April/ 2022
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
UBU Biroroshyeeeeeeeeeeeee , Witindaa, Saba Service ushaka kuri WIDECareers Group Ltd byihuse unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
💼 Interview Tips | Permanent TOP Ten (10) Interview Questions and how you can answer them , Click the Link to read more : 👉🏽 https://widecareers.com/permanent-top-ten-10-interview-questions-and-how-you-can-answer-them/
160 All the time, 1 To day