Maternal Health Specialist at IntraHealth(Deadline: 1st August, 2022)
JOB OPPORTUNITY: MATERNAL HEALTH SPECIALIST
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, maternal and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity will build upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi will improve the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. The Activity will partner with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives and data.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks maternal health specialist to be based in Rubavu district. Reporting administratively to the zonal coordinator and technically to the MH Advisor, the Maternal Health Specialist will provide technical and program support in maternal health for the USAID-funded Ingobyi Activity. The maternal health specialist will be based in the above listed district, responsible for at least five districts in total, and will coordinate all maternal health activities in facilities in the five districts.
Planning and integration of maternal support
- Work closely with Maternal Health (MH) Advisor, professional associations, RBC/MCCH and the Zonal Coordinator on planning and implementing scale-up strategies for high impact maternal interventions at facility level, including: Emergency obstetrical and neonatal care (EmONC), Helping mother survival(HMS), respectful maternity care, Helping Baby Breathe (HBB) 2nd edition , Post Natal Care (PNC) and post-partum family planning ( PPFP)
- Monitor the implementation of Ingobyi’s workplan related to maternal activities and ensure that activities are executed according to plan and are integrated across the RMNCH platform.
- Work collaboratively with other Ingobyi Activity team members to ensure coordinated project planning and implementation and assure resource availability and management of activities so that the project functions smoothly and efficiently.
Implementation and Operations
- Organize training of trainers and training of health care providers using The LDHF training approach.
- Conduct supportive supervision in supported facilities (hospitals and Health Centers) to support mentors and health care providers.
- Ensure the implementation of EmONC, PNC in all supported health facilities.
- Support health care provider efforts to implement quality of care for maternal and newborn
- Ensure the use of maternal referral forms during transfer
- Ensure integration of respectful maternity care in maternity services delivery.
- Work with the IPC specialist to ensure implementation of IPC in maternity
- Support implementation of follow up of high-risk pregnant women at hospital and HC level
- Support development or update of maternal technical training materials, protocol, and guidelines
- Support the review of job-aids, protocols, and training materials in coordination with MH Advisor
- Prepare and submit reports on maternal activities to the Zonal Coordinator and MH Advisor on quarterly basis and upon request, in timely manner.
- Assist with organization of meetings, trainings, field visits, events, and other activities
- Assist finance staff to prepare financial forms to advance/reimburse funds for on-going activities.
- Assist finance staff to review process and reconcile payment documentation from trainers, program, and management staff as well as from consultants.
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required.
Learning and documentation
- Support Ingobyi Activity’s MEL team to ensure that the project meets deliverables in accordance with the MEL framework.
- Ensure that maternal related activities are properly documented, and that program data are systematically collected, analyzed, submitted and properly archived as well as shared across the project to inform Ingobyi’s technical reports and to feed into Ingobyi’s learning activities.
- Share experience related to maternal activities to inform the design of Ingobyi’s subsequent workplans.
Life of the project, employee’s performance and availability of funds.
The ideal candidate is expected to meet and or possess the following qualifications and requirements:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A degree in medicine or Midwife/nursing A0 and or master’s in public health
- Candidates must have a valid license issued by the National Council of Nurses and Midwives or Rwanda Medical and dental Council.
- Experience as a trainer in one of the high impact interventions for maternal health: EmONC, HMS, ALSO, PNC, Helping Baby Breathe 2nd edition
- At least five (5) years of professional experience working in maternal programs
- Hands-on knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementing, and monitoring of facility for promoting maternal survival
- Sound understanding of current policy developments related to maternal health
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English, French and Kinyarwanda.
- Solid skills in documentation and report writing
- Ability to travel nationally frequently
- Experience with Rwanda Health Systems
- Effective communication skills and teamwork.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on time
- Ability to work with flexibility and good time management
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside of Kigali, and to work independently with all stakeholders.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities; and
- Willingness to work overtime whenever required.
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
HOW TO APPLY
The application file containing the following documents should consolidated in one PDF file & submitted via our recruitment portal: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers no later than August 1, 2022.
- Motivation letter;
- Updated CV which has 3 professional references, including current and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address;
- Notarised academic degrees;
- Previous employment certification.
Learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis until the position is filled. Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within a month from the submission, consider your application unsuccessful.
🌐 How to Apply
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Jobs /Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Recruitments & HR Managements Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 READ all career Opportunities across world wide Job Market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
3,392 All the time, 1 To day