Jhpiego is Hiring Malaria Study Laboratory Technician (Due: 02nd May,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization
Jobs Description Details
Job Opportunity Announcement / PMI Impact Malaria Study positions
Jhpiego is an International, Non-Profit health organization affiliated to Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care. Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Website: http://www.jhpiego.org
Jhpiego is a key partner in the USAID-funded President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) Impact Malaria Project contributing to the country’s National Malaria Control Strategic Plan 2020-2024 and beyond.
PMI Impact Malaria Project works with national Malaria programs to fight Malaria and save lives by strengthening the diagnosis, treatment and drug-based prevention of Malaria, especially for children and pregnant women.
The PMI Impact Malaria in collaboration with the Malaria and Other Parasitic Diseases Division/Rwanda Biomedical Center will be starting a health facility based clinical trial on efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine and dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine in Rwanda. The present study will be an open-label trial in which patients (children aged 6 months to 59 months) with uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria in three sites with different levels of antimalarial drug resistance will be treated with ALN and DP. Children will be followed-up for 28 days to 42 days after treatment. Jhpiego Rwanda is hiring the following positions for the Study:
Malaria Study Laboratory Technician (1 position):
Position : Malaria Study Laboratory Technician (1)
Study sites : Ngoma, Nyaruguru, Southern Province
Reporting to : Malaria Study Coordinator
Supervised staff : N/A
Type of contract : Fixed term
Duration of the contract: 1 Year
Tentative start date : Early May 2022
- The candidate will be responsible to perform all study related laboratory procedures according to study protocols.
- This will specifically entail collection, processing and storage of biological samples, conducting relevant laboratory assays with proper documentation of results and record keeping.
- He/she will ensure all quality assurance protocols are in place and abide to Good Clinical and Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
- They will also be expected to work within the health centers
- He/she will work in close liaison with the site team, the study coordinator and under the supervision of the Health Center and the Principal investigator
- Be Rwandan by nationality and ready to start immediately
- Diploma (A1) or Bachelor’s Degree in Laboratory technology from a recognized institution with at least 3-4 years’ experience in a health facility.
- Having a valid license from National Council
- Prior experience in research will be desirable.
- Ability to work under the leadership of the health center where the sites will be located and build a good relationship between different teams
- Possession of GCP or GCLP certificate will be preferable.
- Ready to be based at any of the 3 sites
How to Apply
Mode of Application and any other relevant application information
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online through http://jrims.org/Job_Application/ and upload the following documents in PDF format with their respective names:
- Motivation letter addressed to the Country Director with “POSITION APPLIED FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
- Updated CV,
- Proof of previous experiences,
- Academic Degrees & Certificates,
- Valid License
- 3 referees, one of whom should be the current employer, previous employer with their full contacts.
The closing date for the vacancy is Monday May 2nd, 2022 @ 5pm. If you don’t hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application being disqualified.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment because of age, religion, tribe, race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, marital status, family responsibility, station of life, political opinion, health (includes HIV/AIDS, pregnancy) socioeconomic status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Employment and promotion for any position are based on an individual’s qualifications and merit. Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation or any other fees).
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Job not later than 02nd/ May/ 2022
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gukora Job Application mu buryo bwihuse kandi bwizewe (Online Application Assistance & Career Counceling), saba ubufasha nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 WIDECareers Group Ltd igufasha gutambutsa itangazo ry’Akazi kuri murandasi muburyo bwiza , bugezweho kandi bwihuse, rikagera kuri benshi barikeneye icyarimwe mu gihe gito ( Job Placement Services), saba iyi service nonaha : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
246 All the time, 2 To day