NEW 5 Job Positions of National (Digital) Social Protection Advisor at GIZ Rwanda (Deadline:14th August, 2022)
National (Digital) Social Protection Advisor (5 positions) for GIZ Social Protection Project Rwanda
Part of the Global Project Social Protection Innovation and Learning
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development.
The global Programme ‘Social Protection Innovation and Learning’ (SPIL) supports partner countries in enhancing the capacities of their social protection systems to prepare for and respond to shocks, commonly known as adaptive social protection (ASP). SPIL provides this support through global learning and exchange but also through longer term and closer technical assistance to partners in selected countries. At global level the programme draws on existing initiatives and partnerships, such as the Convergence Initiative under the Global Partnership for Universal Social Protection (USP 2030), which works towards a common set of goals and standards in digital social protection, as well as cooperation on ASP concepts and a range of multi-donor trust funds.
Within the framework of the global Programme, the country component Rwanda will be a fully-fledged TA project with a focus on strengthening dynamic, inclusive and responsive aspects of the Rwandan social protection system. The TA project will be aligned to the priorities of the Social Protection Sector Strategic Plan of the Rwandan government and will flexibly respond to the needs of the Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC) and other key stakeholders responsible for the steering and implementation of social protection Programmes. The TA project seeks to complement ongoing financial and technical support and will be implemented in close coordination with other development partners. The TA project is structured along three interlinked intervention areas: 1) strengthening data based steering capacities for the implementation of social protection policies, 2) strengthening the dynamic elements of the social registry and its integration into the wider digital architecture (incl. links to disaster risk management and climate change adaptation), 3) supporting the roll-out and operation of the dynamic social registry and implementation capacities.
The TA Project will be implemented by a core team of 6 experienced long-term advisors and in-country experts, with a call-down facility to access additional expertise in the form of short-term experts in country or remote, as well as continuous knowledge exchange. The team will extensively benefit from the global level workstreams of SPIL and the network of international expertise on ‘adaptive social protection’ it is engaged with. A team leader will steer and guide the implementation of the TA project and 5 advisors with complementary expertise will be responsible for specific workstreams of the project.
GIZ Rwanda is currently searching for several candidates for 5 positions of (digital) social protection advisors for The Social Protection TA Project with the following expertise:
- Social protection and data analysis
- Management information systems and single registries
- Social protection system strengthening
- Social protection and capacity development
- Social protection and disaster risk management.
Fixed Term: until 31/08/2023, planned renewal up to 3 years
The 5 positions of (digital) social protection advisors perform the following responsibilities and tasks
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the design, planning and implementation of selected project activities
- Advise partners from government on specific (digital) social protection topics
- Conceptualize and manage capacity development activities and studies
- Distil and capture good practices and lessons learnt
Project management and communication
- Contribute to effective project management, including planning and budgeting, communication, and monitoring and evaluation
- Manage subcontractors and supervise short-term experts
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of activities
- Manage meetings, workshops and events with stakeholders and service providers (preparation, implementation, follow-up)
- Facilitate administrative and logistical procedures for activities in coordination with the GIZ administration team
- Identifying and using synergies with other GIZ projects and other development partners in Rwanda
- Support and execution of any other tasks assigned to by the management
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
Qualifications and professional experience
- University degree (bachelor’s/master’s) in social protection, development, public policy, economics, informatics, computer science, information technology, digital transformation or related fields
- Experience of at least five years in a comparable position
- Strong expertise in one of the following fields: social protection system strengthening, disaster risk management, capacity development, data analysis, management information systems and single registries
- Professional experience in project management
- Experience working with public sector and government officials is an advantage
Other knowledge and additional competences
- Proactive in the development and implementation of ideas and proposals
- Able to work independently but at the same time being a real team player
- Finely tuned organizational skills
- Ability to build and manage internal and external relationships and build strategic partnerships and networks
- Good knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until until 14 August 2022 at 11:00 AM, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All attachments should be put together in one PDF file not larger than 2 MB. Please quote the job title in the subject.
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please let us know, if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to consider, when considering your application. Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ reserves all rights!
6,309 All the time, 1 To day