Job Vacancy of Conservation and Research Assistant Manager at Nyungwe National Park (Deadline: 26th April,2022)
Nyungwe National Park
Job Description Details
NYUNGWE NATIONAL PARK INTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Nyungwe Management Company Ltd (NMC Ltd has been created from the agreement between African Parks and Rwanda Development Board to manage Nyungwe National Park. NN
nent board to manage Nyungwe National Park. NMC Ltd is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the post of Conservation and Research Assistant Manager in Nyungwe candidate must be a Rwandan, technically skilled with good problem-so
wandan, technically skilled with good problem-solving ability, must be enthusiastic, motivated and a reliable individual.
JOB TITLE: Conservation and Research Assistant Manager
REPORTING TO: Conservation and Research Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Facilitate and manage conservation research activities, data collection, and ecological monitoring. Support special projects and conservation initiatives. Increase the ecological and scientific understanding of Nyungwe ecosystems. Support other departments through data sharing and collaboration. Document and file all initiatives including wildlife/ecological management plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, design and carry out biodiversity surveys and data collection to answer key ecological questions in and around NNP.
- Collate data received from various data collection efforts and other departments to allow efficient use of data in making informed management decisions.
- Ensure all reports are submitted timely and correctly. compile and summarize/analyze data.
- Improve on processes and protocols of field data collections, compilations, and generation of outputs to serve management decisions.
- Instill professionalism in other members of the department and any workmate. Always meet deadlines, uphold commitments, and support other staff members whenever possible.
- Participate in activities that promote understanding of ecology and instill pride in conservation in the communities through sharing of findings and contributing to educational programs.
- Monitoring of key species and protection of wildlife
- Documenting processes, as well as backing up and archiving data.
- Ensuring data storage is safe and secure.
- Devise, formalize and implement the array of management plans.
- Support student interns and researchers in NNP.
- Security of all company assets.
- Visually illustrate work carried out.
- Build internal capacity and understanding of ecology, generally, and Nyungwe ecosystems through sharing and presentation of information to other staff and colleagues.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Minimum Education and Qualification Required:
- Minimum of post-graduate education in ecology, protected areas’ management, biodiversity conservation, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in ecological monitoring, conservation research, wildlife management, or related research fields.
- Experience of work in multiple protected areas or National Parks.
- Experience in scientific writing demonstrated by (co–authorship in peer-reviewed.
- Fluent in English and/or French/Kinyarwanda Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and be flexible.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft word, power point. Excel, and basic computer-based statistical packages (such as studio, Presence, Distance, ...) and ArcGIS Experience with using camera traps, VHF telemetry, handheld GPS units, and other related conservation technologies.
- Outstanding and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Clean record of conduct (no convictions) Physically fit and able to be in field for extended periods (to undergo fitness and medical annually).
- Between 20 and 40 years of age.
- Driver’s license
How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
NB: Applications that are not meeting the above criteria will not be considered. Interested candidates should forward their application letter together with all relevant documents to the email address provided below no later than 26th April 2022. The required documents should be submitted in scanned soft copies in pdf format (preferably as one document) to email@example.com Successful candidate will begin with an immediate effect.
Applications must include the following documents:
Application cover letter addressed to the Park Manager, stating where you heard about the position and why you should be considered Curriculum vitae including your personal details, education level and any experience Name, address and telephone numbers of three (3) references All the documents should be in one pdf document and named after your name and position for example: Name, Nyungwe C&R, 2022.
Please note that only candidates with the needed qualifications and relevant experience will be shortlisted, if you don’t hear from us within one week after submission deadline, know that you have not been if you don’t hear from us within one week after submission deadline know shortlisted.
Done in Nyungwe National Park on 12th April 2022
Nyungwe Management Company
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for these Jobs not later than 26th/ April/ 2022
Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda KANDA HANO
Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
UBU Biroroshyeeeeeeeeeeeee , Witindaa, Saba Service ushaka kuri WIDECareers Group Ltd byihuse unyuze hano : KANDA HANO
Interview Tips | Permanent TOP Ten (10) Interview Questions and how you can answer them , Click the Link to read more : https://widecareers.com/permanent-top-ten-10-interview-questions-and-how-you-can-answer-them/
116 All the time, 1 To day