🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Ecobank Rwanda Plc.
P.O. BOX: 3268 Kigali – Rwanda
External recruitment Advert (Re-advert)
Job Vacancy: Legal Officer
Opening date: October 15, 2021
Closing date: October 22, 2021
About Ecobank Rwanda Plc
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is a full-service bank that joined the Rwandan market in 2007 with the aim of providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial, and Corporates business segments.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Rwanda and the region by providing customers with convenient and reliable financial products and services.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an affiliate under Ecobank Group and operates in Central East and Southern African (CESA) region.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for experienced professionals in the following area.
Role Title: Legal Officer
Reporting: Head Legal & Company Secretary
- JOB PURPOSE:
Acts as documentation and Legal Advisor to the Bank and provides quality and timely legal support and advice on company secretarial, credit-legal, and operational, dispute resolution, and debt recovery undertakings within the Bank.
- Receive loan facilities files from the main branch and other bank branches credit for recommendation and approval of disbursement of credits, draft/review security documentation for the loan facilities files received, and ensure timely registration of the securities thereof within the time allowed under the relevant laws.
- Compile and crosschecks security documents to be submitted to the Office of the Registrar General for registration and ensures that they are in order and follow both the law and the bank’s procedures. Maintain the securities register of all securities received for custody in the department and upon their release by/from the department. Coordinate the securities registration with the different departments.
- Archive and Maintain all types of agreements for consultancy, safety, and security, required by the various departments of the Bank. Draft/peruse and review agreements to be entered into by the bank with firms/persons engaged to provide consultancy services to the Bank. Draft/peruse and review agreements to be entered into by the Bank in respect of purchase, maintenance, etc. (other than credit agreement). Control and coordinate all the files related to contracts/agreements.
- Tracking system to monitor the expiry dates of the Bank’s contracts, electronic registrar of the contracts
- Support the preparation of handling RRA garnishment notice and receive all correspondence addressed to Legal Department and transmission of outgoing letter response and maintain an archive of all correspondences.
- Coordinate with Risk department and other department, waivers (main-levees), and any other documents in relation to remittance of client’s securities.
- Weekly report/ monthly report
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience & qualifications required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- At least 1-year Experience in the banking sector,
- Good understanding of the legal system in Rwanda
- Good understanding of the banking environment
- Good communication skills
- Good responsiveness
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an equal opportunities company and females’ candidates are HIGHLY encouraged to apply, if your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the position on the subject matter
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) via the “Apply for this job” button not later than October 22, 2021
Only those who strictly meet the criteria should apply for this position
Due to the expected high volume of applications, we cannot respond to all applications and will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.
ECOBANK RWANDA MANAGEMENT
VISIT CAREER IN RWANDA Ltd’s SERVICE PAGE AND GET QUICK ONLINE CAREERS /JOBS OR EDUCATIONAL APPLICATION ASSISTNCES , ADVERTISEMENT AND RECRUITMENT SERIVICES RIGHT NOW
47 All the time, 1 To day