🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 22 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
📋 Job Description Details
JOB POSTING – LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Organization: Right To Play Rwanda
Work location: Kigali, Rwanda
Authorized to work in: Rwanda (Ability to work legally without a work permit or sponsorship)
Closing Date: 3 September 2021
The Logistics Coordinator reports directly to the Country Director and is responsible for procurement and transportation activities in Rwanda. The incumbent also manages store and fixed assets, support administration and oversee execution of rehabilitation projects. The incumbent works closely with the Program Manager, Finance Manager and Project Officers as required.
The Logistics Coordinator is expected to visit regularly other offices to check on the assets and inventory. The incumbent will also visit project sites to follow up on rehabilitation projects and possible visits to suppliers.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
Job Responsibility #1: Logistics and Fleet Management (30% of Time):
- Ensures all maintenance and control of Right To Play (RTP)/donor logistics and procedures are fulfilled.
- Ensures that timely periodic vehicles/generators maintenance is conducted according to specific kilometre coverage and running time.
- Monitors the issuing and use of fuel by maintaining an accurate, clear and transparent record of fuel consumption.
- Advises on road conditions for country side travel to ensure the safety of passengers.
- Coordinates transportation of staff and goods in the field.
- In coordination with Country Director to ensure timely payment of all RTP utility bills, subscriptions and other bills.
- Liaises with relevant government ministries, customs authorities and other departments for the clearing of imported/exported goods.
- Facilitates arrangements for visitors, meetings, conferences and special events.
Job Responsibility #2: Procurement (25% of Time):
- Coordinates and facilitates the procurement requirements of the program offices on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines.
- Reviews pre-qualification suppliers list against procurement policy.
- Ensures compliance with procurement procedures as per field-authorization level manual.
- Responsible for procurement committees’ constitution and for arranging meetings to make purchase decisions.
- Creates purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached.
- Ensures invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and matched receipts of purchase orders.
- Handles contract management in regards to renewal, payment etc.
- Ensures deliveries are processed in an adequate and timely manner.
Job Responsibility #3: Store and Fixed Assets Management (15% of Time):
- Oversees the management of the store and keeps the store in good condition.
- Checks balances of goods and equipment and reports to Country Director and Finance Manager.
- Keeps and registers returned used projects materials.
- Produces monthly stock reports for Country Director and Finance Manager’s consideration.
- Develops appropriate systems and procedures for the management of the programme’s assets, adapted to the specific needs of each site.
Job Responsibility #4: Rehabilitation Project Management (15% of Time):
- Manages all technical and scheduling project aspects and coordinates with other team members toward an effective and efficient execution of the project.
- Coordinates with construction managers to ensure proper and on time implementation of the project.
- Follows up on the implementation of the rehabilitation work and provides Country Director/Program Manager with continuous updates.
- Follows up with contractors on quality of delivery, payment and project end.
Job Responsibility #5: Team Management (10% of Time):
- Supervises and monitors all drivers in their daily duties such as daily vehicle inspections, preventative maintenance reporting, logbooks, cleaning of vehicles and adherence to safety.
- Ensures that the direct reporting team are familiar with their roles and responsibilities within their individual job profiles and provides all coaching and support to build their capacity.
- Carries out the performance appraisal of the direct reporting team.
Job Responsibility #6: Perform Other Duties as Assigned (5% of Time)
💼 Job Specification
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have):
- Bachelor’s degree in management, administration or related discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in logistics and/or procurement in national or international level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent research and negotiation skills
- A solid team player with respect for others
- Effective organization skills
- Ability to manage a team and provide feedback
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to use automated procurement systems
- Understanding of fleet management
- Skilled in record keeping and documentation
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- Fluency in spoken and written French and Kinyarwanda
- Hold a valid driving license
- Degree in project management
- Experience in working with NGOs or I/NGOs
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about our commitment to help children and youth rise above life’s challenges through the power of play. You are highly collaborative and a relationship builder with a passion for humanitarian work, human rights and social change. You have been involved in grants and budgetary management, forecasting and financial control. Your attention to detail is great and you have a positive, follow-through mindset. You are focused on strategically positioning RTP as a partner of choice for our donors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Target Start Date: Immediate
Contract Duration: Initial one year fixed-term contract with possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding
🌐 How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply here to upload your resume and cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
Should you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process, kindly contact the People & Culture team by email at email@example.com
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.
53 All the time, 2 To day