Manager, Digital Innovation at Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) (Deadline: 31st May,2022)
🏘️ About the Organization
Few Information About Us
Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
The Development Bank of Rwanda Plc “BRD”, a Public Company Limited by Shares, with a share capital of RWF 150,000,000,000, incorporated on August 5, 1967, company code N° 100003547, it’s head office at Kigali, Postal Office Box 1341 Kigali.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title : Manager, Digital Innovation
Number of Job Positions
Job Positing Date: 17th May,2022
Job Closing Date : 31st May,2022
💼 Job Specification
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
- Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance and customer services.
- Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
- Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit a suitable qualified candidate to fill the following position:
DIGITAL INNOVATION MANAGER (1)
1. Background Information
Job Title: Manager, Digital Innovation
Current Grade: JG5
Department: Information Technology & Digital Innovation
Department/ Section/Unit: Digital Innovation
Reports to: Head, Information Technology and Digital Innovation
- IT Analyst
- IT Business Analyst
- Backend Software Developer
- Frontend Software Developer
- Data Scientist
- Young Professional IT Business Developer
2. Contract Terms – Open Ended
3. Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the job is to lead scrum teams to design MVPs to test, learn from experiments and iterate features to improve the client and staff experience. He/she is Responsible to develop and lead the digital innovation team and execute the digital transformation plan
4. Main Responsibilities of the Job
- Key member in the Innovation Center, to lead in the architecting of the system review the development of the system
- Identify and Understand customer and the larger business objectives that a product or feature will fulfill, articulates what success looks like for a product, and rallies a team to turn that vision into a reality by synthesizing opportunities.
- Work with Head, Ops, and the respective Division representatives to develop comprehensive digitalization plan using services system design approach
- Set the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for a product and influence every aspect of how it gets built and launched.
- Improve business processes and supports critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications systems.
- Gather user requirements, analyze, and propose a digitization roadmap and master plan which include process improvement workflow and necessary data collection for analysis to support a measurable outcome in operational efficiency, optimization and improved service level
- Engage customers to ensure that the digitalization plan create the right value proposition to them
- Conduct client interviews to understand clients’ experience and pain points
- Integrate input from multiple channels, including customer research and stakeholder requirements, into product priorities and requirements
- Prioritize projects and features based on impact and alignment with the team’s long-term goals and strategy
- Serve as product owner and lead a scrum team of data scientist, engineers, business analyst, and designers
- Design, build, launch, and assess (Minimum Viable Product) MVPs Analyze MVP and experiment data and synthesize into findings and actionable insights
- Establish a vision and roadmaps and provide visibility to business and technical stakeholders
- Provide input into the development of digital innovation strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure alignment with the BRD strategic objectives
- Identify and participate in new business opportunities, develop proposals and scopes of work as required.
- Provide input into the development of budgets to ensure approved budgets cover the ICT resource requirements
- Manage data integrity and security standards for systems and application co-coordinating requests for access within agreed parameters
- Identify suitable new and emerging technologies, develop business cases and coordinate proof of concepts to meet the business needs
- Assess user needs to provide support and proactive service, including analysis of opportunities to take advantage of available tools
- Provide input into the development of the change management strategies, and proactively implement it for successful implementation of products and services
- Work with suppliers and customers to ensure that existing applications are optimized to meet business needs
- Build strong relationships with technology vendors and develop first-to-market digital innovation that aligns with BRD goals and initiatives.
- Support new user training and on boarding; create training documentation as appropriate
5. Performance indicators
- Improved level of automation across various business processes and enhance the exploitation of opportunities provided by IT in achieving the Bank’s business objectives
- Monitor the department adherence to policies and procedures that are compliant with industry and regulatory policies
- Assess and qualify internal software application needs through process reviews with internal users; gather and document functional and business requirements
- Timely and effective implementation of IT projects
- Documented system and application procedures
- Timely and 100% resolution of user digital transformation projects
- Development of automated solutions and integrated ecosystem
6. Working relationships
- Heads and user departments
- Senior Managers, Managers & Division Lead
7. Professional, academic qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, technology product design or related field
- Strong experience in a dynamic product management role
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Highly effective cross-functional team management
- Previous experience delivering finely tuned digital transformation strategies
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in IT Product Development, Digital Innovation role or related fields; two (2) of which must be in a management level.
8. Core competencies
- Experience of Business process Improvement aligned to support IT implementations
- Experience of implementing effective digital strategies and solutions
- Previous software and web development experience
- Project management process and systems,
- Strong knowledge on Digital Innovation
- Business Acumen
- Knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Enterprise Resource Planning
🌐 How to Apply
Mode of Application and any other relevant application information
Interested candidates should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Tuesday 31st May 2022
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, Tuesday 17th May 2022
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Job / Career Promotion and Placements , Hiring related Services, Staff trainings , Business Advertisements, Bulk SMS Service for Employers, Recruiters & Businesses , other various Business Consults Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner in finding Dreamed Job to achieve your career success by simply helping you in the following Career Services : RESUME & CV SERVICES , Cover Letters, Job Search, Online Job Application Assistances, Soft Skills Trainings and Career wise Advisory : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 Get all career Opportunities across Job market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
3,351 All the time, 2 To day