🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Name and Services of the Organization
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is a full-service bank that joined the Rwandan market in 2007 with the aim of providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporates business segments.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Rwanda and the region by providing customers with convenient and reliable financial products and services.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an affiliate under Ecobank Group and operates in Central East and Southern African (CESA) region.
📋 Job Description
Job Positing Date:
12 March 2021
Job Position Title
Market & Credit Risk Officer
Number of Job Positions
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for experienced professional in the following area
Role Title: Market & Credit Risk Officer
Reporting: Head, Risk Management
Responsible for monitoring, reporting, and modeling market, liquidity risk as well as credit risk, supporting Treasury and lending activities within the bank. The Individual should add value through a combination of strong quantitative capabilities and robust market risk and credit risk management techniques, practices, and discipline
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
Accountability: Sales & Marketing Management
Develop new and maintain existing quantitative market risk management policies and methodologies to be used throughout the bank;
- Actively monitor trading and liquidity limits, and takes appropriate action in cases of breaches.
- Ensure that robust market risk controls are maintained to prevent unauthorized exposures throughout the bank;
- Generate independent, accurate and timely market risk and liquidity risk management information for the department, the business, and senior management;
- Work with Trading and Investment desks to support new business initiatives in line with the Board’s risk appetite and in accordance with the bank’s risk management policies
- Maintain and review market intelligence reports and forecast market risk factors with a view to ascertaining the impact on the Bank’s on and off-balance sheet positions.
- Spearhead the setting up market and liquidity risk management framework for the bank
- Facilitate market and liquidity risk training and development in the bank;
- Oversight on credit risk ensuring that the credit policy is being adhered to across the bank
- Actively monitor credit risk limits, concentration limits in line with the approved risk appetite, target market, and credit risk strategy documents
- Generate independent, accurate and timely credit risk management information for the department, the businesses, and senior management;
Involves an overall grasp of the credit and financial markets to provide a comprehensive market assessment; solid awareness of up-to-date regulatory requirements and risk management developments as well as a strong understanding of various treasury and credit products.
Involves limiting the size of market risk exposures that dealers are allowed to take to make a profit while limiting the potential loss that can be incurred under varying market volatilities.
Application of excellent analytical and presentation skills.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed
- An excellent first degree in a quantitative discipline like Finance, Mathematics, Banking, Economics
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills;
- Good IT literacy
Job Experience Needed
- Minimum of seven (3) years’ experience, part of which must have been spent within a treasury and or credit environment;
Skills, Capabilities & Personal attributes
Technical/ Industry Specific
- Has a deep understanding of Treasury and lensing businesses and products;
- Good judgment of market risk and credit risk;
- Strong proficiency with Excel;
- Understands best market risk and credit risk management practices and methodologies;
- Interpretation of micro and macroeconomic variables and trends
- Broad and farsighted view of the unit, organization, and its future;
- Ability to analyze the forces at work in a situation, creative and innovative ability to assess the environment and the changes taking place
- Attention to details and prioritization skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high level of accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal, team-working and communication skills;
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Documents Needed
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an equal opportunities company and females’ candidates are encouraged to apply, If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the position on the subject matter
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter)
Application Channel Accepted
Only those who strictly meet the criteria should apply for this position
Due to the expected high volume of applications we cannot respond to all applications and will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.
Apply for this job via application portal Link provided by clicking on Apply for this Job Now Bottom Provided Below
Application Deadline Provided
Application Deadline is on 26th March 2021
GOOD LUCK IN EVERY OPPORTUNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – © 2021 ACR COMPANY Ltd All rights reserved
29 All the time, 1 To day