🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Building Learning Foundations (BLF) is a programme funded by the UK government which aims to improve the quality of teaching and leadership in Rwanda’s primary schools. The objective of BLF is to improve English literacy and Mathematics in grades P1-P5, ensuring that children have the required foundational skills to make successful progress through the system. BLF focuses on building the capacity of teachers, enhancing school leadership, strengthening the country’s education system and improving education for children with special educational needs. This project is delivered by a consortium consisting of Education Development Trust, the consortium lead, VSO and British Council.
The Mathematics Team Lead will be responsible for oversight, technical design and implementation of all mathematics related project activities and requirements for the Building Learning Foundations (BLF) project. This includes working closely with the Education Technical Lead, our consortium partners, the British Council and VSO and the wider BLF team on the following: the development, design and production of teacher development and pupil resources, coordinating, designing and continuously building capacity of field-based colleagues and Mathematics teachers; designing the framework of support and guidance on school-based teacher Communities of Practice; collaborating with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) team to design, coordinate and support mathematics assessments as well as longer term project planning and delivery. The Mathematics Team Lead will work with the Maths sub-team to ensure that all materials, assessment, training and resources are aligned to Rwandan Education Board (REB) curricula and are approved by REB/FCDO and other relevant project stakeholders.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Mathematics Teacher Development Lead
Job Closing Date
29 July 2021
Number of Job Positions
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Management and Operations
Provide overall management and coordination of all mathematics workstream activities as well as co-lead on joint activities with the British Council and VSO
Directly line-manage the Maths Specialist and Assistant, providing support and quality assurance of their work
- Programme Design & Implementation
Provide technical design inputs to build and strengthen material development for mathematics teachers and pupils in P1 to 5.
Oversee and contribute to the development, production and distribution of mathematics materials including audio and visual materials
Oversee and contribute to the adjustments of existing materials to ensure they respond to the change in the language of instruction from primary 1 with a focus on gender responsive pedagogy.
Oversee and contribute to adaptation of training materials to accommodate the change in the language of instruction and to ensure teachers are supported to adjust to the COVID context.
Oversee and contribute to the development, production, and distribution of additional materials for School Subjects Leaders to ensure they are well equipped and ready to sustain BLF activities in schools including providing induction to new teachers.
Ensure the above-mentioned materials are designed in alignment with current REB tools, curricula and other relevant partner materials and approved by REB, MINEDUC and FCDO.
Design the guidance and support to ensure sustainability of school-based teacher communities of practice
Provide technical input and continuously support field-based colleagues – Sector Learning Facilitators and District Teaching Assistants for implementation of programme activities
Provide information to and work with other Foundation Leads and team members for wider project activities
- Assessment and Tool Design
Adjust assessment baseline tools and subsequent pupil assessments as a response to the change in language of instruction ensuring they are approved by REB/MINEDUC/FCDO and all other relevant bodies
Review of pupil assessments, data and assessment analysis for reporting
Design and deliver training for enumerators on mathematics and pedagogy tools
Provide inputs, where necessary, to the MEL, School Leadership and System Strengthening teams
Implement the classroom practice development tool along with consortium partners, adapting where necessary and support MEL activities on data collection, analysis and reporting on this tool
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
Provide support for wider MEL processes and activities as necessary
Budgeting and Reporting
Provide information to support monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the mathematics workstream as required
Prepare and share required reports on progress, highlighting areas of concern including preparing documentation for routine reports, bidding, and ad hoc meetings
Monitor and provide updates on the workstream budget
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed
- Advanced (Masters-level) degree from a recognised institution in mathematics, education or a related teaching degree and qualification/licence
- Familiarity with primary teaching, pedagogy and assessment frameworks
Job Experience Needed
- A minimum of 5 years’ mid-level management experience in education in Rwanda.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Rwandan primary curriculum, the 2015 Competency Based
- Curriculum, preferably experience with the mathematics curriculum.
- In depth experience working with Rwandan teachers at the primary school level, preferably experience with mathematics teachers.
- Experience with large scale assessments including design, assessment, analysis and reporting.
- Experience developing instructional materials for teachers
- Experience working with the Rwanda Education Board, preferably in mathematics related areas.
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- Strong technical skills in mathematics education including programme design and developing high quality instructional materials
- Strong project management skills including managing staff, planning, reporting and coordinating programme activities
- Excellent programme design skills, including the capacity to prepare logical, coherent and consistent documents
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with project members in various locations and from multiple organisations
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks in a fast paced and complex environment. Flexible and proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Able to develop effective working relationships with donors, REB, local organisations, other project partners and national stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other ICT skills required.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, and ability to manage tasks with precise deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt activities when necessary
- High degree of integrity, tact, diplomacy and corporate spirit.
Education Development Trust and its consortium partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Education Development Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees through:
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than 29 Jul 2021
A C R COMPANY Ltd
Career Information Service Providers
Tel: (+250) 785 0368 16 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.accountigclassrwanda.com | TIN : 113361092 .
Follow all our latest News Updates on : Twitter : Acrdaily , LinkedIn : ACR News |Rwanda , Facebook : ACR Company Ltd , YouTube : Accounting Class Rwanda
36 All the time, 1 To day