🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates, and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria, and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease, and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play reaches children through experiential programming in 15 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and North America. These programs are supported by our headquarters in Toronto, Canada; London, UK, and eight national offices across Europe (Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK) and North America (Canada, US).
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
📋 Job Description Details
JOB POSTING – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Organization:Right To Play Rwanda
Work location: Kigali, Rwanda
Authorized to work in: Rwanda (Eligible to work legally without requiring sponsorship or work permit)
Target Hiring/ Target Hiring Range: RWF 2,173,204 to 2,464, 932 per month (before taxes)
Target Start Date: 01 February 2021
Contract Duration:1-year contract with possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding
Closing Date: 17 December 2021
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist (MELS) reports directly to the Country Director (CD). The incumbent receives technical advice and supervision from the relevant Global MEL Manager – HQ. The MELS collaborates with staff, not only at the country office level, but also within the region and across the organization, globally. The primary roles and responsibilities of the MELS are to
- manage and implement Right To Play’s country-level monitoring, evaluation and learning plan, within the scope of the overall Country Strategic Plan, and country-based needs and contexts;
- coordinate and supervise the monitoring of program activities, and outcomes and support the development of program reports;
- support program planning at the country level by conducting appropriate assessments and through the provision of technical assistance;
- manage country-specific program evaluations;
- help the country office utilize the findings in their planning and decision-making; and
- contribute to the Global MEL Strategy as a member and/or lead of one or more strategic working groups.
The MELS leads the MEL system across Rwanda and plays an active part in the global Right To Play MEL Community of Practice by contributing to the organization’s understanding of its program approaches and outcomes.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
Job Responsibility #1: Output and Outcome Monitoring:
- Develops and implements an effective system for output monitoring data management and sharing data from project sites to Country Office.
- Ensures that data is collected, cleaned, and analysed for timely submission to the Country Office, Regional Office and HQ as per the task and/or program. In addition, ensures data quality and integrity by periodically conducting spot checks and/or field visits to verify data and/or investigate any data anomalies.
- Ensures Country Office and field staff have clarity on program-wide metrics (including definitions), processes, and systems.
- Develops and implements country-specific plans and budgets for outcome assessment activities, ensuring alignment with key program measurement dates.
- Coordinates the required field preparation prior to all MEL activities related to outcome assessments and implements program outcome assessments once a year.
- Supports the development and refinement of data collection and data entry instruments required for the program and conducts data audits and checks to ensure accuracy in data collection and entry.
- Conducts high-level analysis on quantitative and qualitative data collected and leads country-based internal and external assessments for quality control purposes.
- Ensures data storage is in line with standards and norms and prescribed in the Global MEL Strategy.
- Coordinates access to, and retrieval of, secondary data and ensures timely and comprehensive responses to donor-based data inquiries as needed. Supports country staff to understand MEL requirements for annual reporting.
- Identifies innovations and improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of country-based data collection, storage, and management.
Job Responsibility #2: Evaluations and Studies:
- Coordinates overall process of country specific program evaluations such as needs assessments, baselines, mid-terms, formative and final evaluations.
- Develops appropriate budget for evaluations, terms of reference (ToRs), and requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Leads the review and rating of technical proposals for consultant selection and manages consultants over the evaluation phases.
- Ensures timely and quality completion of evaluations and submission of evaluation reports.
- Compiles country-specific summaries of results and findings from evaluations, according to reporting templates and guidelines, and submits these, as required.
- Supports research initiatives as appropriate and provides critical input and feedback throughout the conceptualizing, planning, and implementation process.
- Leads the identification and establishment of suitable academic and research partners at country level.
Job Responsibility #3: MEL Capacity Building and Training
- Trains partner staff and Right To Play staff in output monitoring and outcome assessments procedures, standards and tools.
- Trains data enumerators such as Field Facilitators and partner staff on data collection tools and processes.
- Provides workshops as needed on MEL for country staff, partners, and stakeholders.
Job Responsibility #4: Country Planning Processes support and facilitation
- Supports Rwanda Country Office, Regional Office and HQ office in developing logic frameworks for new programs and reviews logic frameworks for existing programs including the identification of appropriate outcomes and SMART indicators.
- Supports program teams to ensure indicators are linked to appropriate evidence and backup within the database;
- In collaboration with other staff in the Rwanda Country Office, Regional Office, and HQ office, identifies program and decision-making implications of MEL findings.
- Develops summary materials and delivers presentations on MEL findings to staff, partners, beneficiaries, and/or other stakeholders.
Job Responsibility #5: Development and Strengthening of Global MEL Strategy:
- Participates in RTP’s Global MEL Strategy Working Groups, MEL workshops, trainings, and consultations.
- Shares MEL good practices, lessons learned, and other insights with RTP MEL colleagues through the Global MEL Community of Practice.
- Maintains regular communications with the Regional MEL Manager, and Director, MEL where applicable.
- Supports other global MEL initiatives as required and as agreed to by the Country Director.
Job Responsibility #6: Dissemination of findings and integration into planning, and decision-making:
- Provides technical support to develop country-specific plans for reviewing, discussing, and sharing the results.
- Leads the country specific activities (e.g. meetings, workshops) for reviewing, discussing, and sharing results and consolidates countrywide results for communication, learning, and knowledge management purposes.
- Works with the Communication team to develop appropriate materials such as documents, presentations that outline the results and findings.
- Identifies key learning questions for discussion related to program implications of findings and recommendations.
- Implements and leads appropriate mechanisms to ensure effective response and actions taken upon evaluations recommendations.
Job Responsibility #7: Other Tasks as Assigned :
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have):
- Master’s degree in social sciences, project development, or related discipline to MEL and/or significant relevant experience in lieu of education.
- Training in Monitoring and Evaluation such as university courses, workshops, certificates.
- 5 years of practical experience developing and implementing monitoring evaluation and learning frameworks (developing logic frameworks, outcomes, indicators, targets, and data collection plans), including 1 year of practical experience working with social programs and 3 years supporting and/or managing major evaluations (baseline, mid-term, final.)
- Expertise and experience in designing data collection tools both qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience conducting analysis for quantitative data and qualitative data and managing data sets (coordinating data entry, ensuring data quality, managing data confidential storage).
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation processes for NGO programs
- Advanced interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically and to identify trends.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work appropriately with a variety of populations and stakeholders, including children, youth, parents, teachers and school administrators, government, and other partners.
- Proven knowledge and experience in development of both quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments
- Proven written communication and presentation skills, presenting evaluation findings through a variety of mediums— data visuals (graphs), reports, and presentations
- Strong background in program evaluation methodologies
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research approaches and best practices, and of child-friendly data collection methods
- Knowledge of SMART indicators
- A strong working knowledge of issues related to development and humanitarian programming (education, health, sport for development, community development, refugee and internally displaced populations, gender equity, inclusion, and advocacy)
- Computer literacy in statistical analysis software, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Internet usage
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- Ability to work appropriately with a variety of populations and stakeholders, including children, youth, parents, teachers, and school administrators, and government
- Experience designing and leading evaluation or research studies
- Experience conducting data collection with children
- Expertise and experience in training and capacity building (e.g., developing and delivering workshops, mentoring and supporting colleagues, etc.)
- Experience identifying program implications and recommendations from data findings
WHO YOU ARE:
You are highly driven, results-oriented, collaborative, and well-rounded leader with a passion for working with children and youth. You are an exceptional communicator with excellent networking skills.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative, and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including personal learning and development days.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply link to upload your resume and cover letter in English.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. As such, we encourage groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at Right To Play. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening or equivalent criminal check as a condition of employment.
Should you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process, kindly contact the People & Culture team by email at RwandaHR@righttoplay.com
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.
- Are you an Employer ( Businesses & Entities of All kinds or Individuals ) Hiring or looking any kind of Online Applications & Registrations Services ? Career in Rwanda Ltd serve you in Job Advertisements & Recruitment Services, Every Online Services that you may need.
- Don’t you Have time to Apply or Updates and Optimize your Job Application File ( CVs &Resumes , online Job Profile Accounts , etc. ) ?, Don’t Hastate to Contact Career in Rwanda Ltd via WhatsApp and Call : +250785036816 / +250790518586 for any Kind Assistance , we help every Job Seeker to send a Professional and Well Updated ( CVs, Resumes, online Job Profile Accounts, etc. ) to the Concerned Employer!
- IF YOU ARE JOB SEEKER , GET UNLIMITTED DIRECT ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SERVICE BY REGISTERING HERE
VISIT CAREER IN RWANDA Ltd’s SERVICE PAGE AND GET QUICK ONLINE CAREERS /JOBS OR EDUCATIONAL APPLICATION ASSISTNCES , ADVERTISEMENT AND RECRUITMENT SERIVICES RIGHT NOW
27 All the time, 1 To day