🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Odoo ERP Developer at CURE International(Deadline: 15th April, 2022)
CURE is seeking an experienced Odoo ERP Developer to join our growing in-house technology team as a Contractor. This role is responsible for the implementation and customization of pre-packaged Odoo ERP software solutions across our CURE hospital network, including the development of software code, and the training of end-users in the use of the solutions.
This position requires an in-depth knowledge of the Odoo ERP system and particularly the Procurement and Inventory Management modules. The role also includes interviewing hospital end-users and subject matter experts, documenting and analyzing existing business processes, proposing future state business processes, creating user-story-based software requirements, and acceptance criteria.
If you are interested in being a part of meaningful, life-changing work that directly impacts the lives of thousands of children living with treatable disabilities, apply today!
To succeed in this position, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily.
- Design, Develop, Test and Debug Application Software Code. The Odoo ERP Developer will be required to develop a portion of a project’s software code and may review other developer’s code for accuracy and functionality. These duties may include:
- Test and Debug Software Design and Implement Python and Database Applications.
- Design and implement applications using the Python programming language, and database access languages such as SQL. This includes writing efficient code that is testable and well documented.
- Test and Debug Software
- Test and debug all the software and code you develop, along with the software and code your peers develop. This includes documenting any errors found and fixing them in priority order.
- Ensure Solutions Meet Specifications
- Work according to specific parameters and plans for the applications you develop. Responsible for ensuring the applications you develop appropriately meet the specifications.
- Maintain and Optimize Systems
- Even after completing a development project, you are still responsible for maintaining the provided solution. This maintenance often includes creating and delivering updates, adding new features, and maintaining end-user functionality.
- Test and Debug Software Design and Implement Python and Database Applications.
- Develop, Deploy and Configure Application and Reporting Systems
- Remotely deploy the Odoo ERP system to Linux-based on-premise and cloud-based servers, and configure and customize Odoo modules to meet functional needs
- Develop, deploy, configure and customize Odoo system reports to meet user data reporting needs.
- Understand User and Stakeholder Needs
- Talk with end-users and internal stakeholders and discuss the purpose behind the business/clinical processes to determine desired outcomes and what the software should do to make the outcomes possible in an efficient, electronic manner.
- Listen to the hospital user’s needs, ideas and concerns, and formulate a vision of the solution. Document and clearly state desired outcomes and what was agreed upon.
- Monitor Progress
- Ensure that what end-users and internal stakeholders need is being created, and conduct frequent check-ins during the project’s progress to ensure alignment with the desired outcomes.
- Test the software being developed early and often to ensure that the end-user’s needs and the acceptance criteria are being met, and facilitate demonstrations to the end-users and stakeholders along the way.
- If questions or problems arise, act as a liaison between the end-users, subject matter experts and the software development team. This may involve negotiating needed changes to the requirements and the revising of delivery timelines.
- Prepare regular status updates on the progress of the project for stakeholders and organizational leaders on a weekly basis.
- Ensure Solutions Meet Requirements and Specification.
- Before presenting the final version, thoroughly check the software to ensure it meets the agreed-upon outcomes. Perform quality and performance testing to verify solution expectations are met.
- When the software is ready to be rolled out, train the end-users in the new functionality, so that they can efficiently use the solution to meet their needs.
- When the software solution has been put into use over a period of time, bugs might emerge or ideas for enhancements may arise. Seek feedback from end-users and stakeholders and prioritize developer modifications that will enhance the solution on a maximizing return-on-investment (ROI) basis.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Participate in 1-on-1 and team meetings within the Technology department as needed.
- Contribute to strong teamwork and information sharing within the network-wide Technology team, between hospital-based groups, and across the organization.
- Collaborate and communicate cross-functionally in support of One CURE, One Mission.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The Contractor must perform other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent strong experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in a professional organization including designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application software code..
- Experience performing business process analysis, software requirements gathering, solution deployment to test and production environments, as well as end-user training.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with the Odoo ERP system, and preferably, the Odoo Procurement and Inventory Management modules.
- Previous experience working with the Bahmni Hospital Management solution is a significant plus.
- Previous experience working in the field of Healthcare systems is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Preferred technology skills:
- Strong knowledge of the Odoo ERP system, the Odoo development framework, and specifically the Odoo Procurement and Inventory Management modules.
- Strong understanding of the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) and Inventory Management process lifecycles.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and the technologies used, including the Agile software development process, and UI/UX concepts and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of, and ability to efficiently write and deploy program code, in various computer languages and using various data formats, in particular Python, SQL and JSON.
- SQL database information management skills on databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Linux operating system usage skills on systems such as CentOS and Ubuntu.
- Knowledge of security best practices in the web application development context.
- Information processing and numeracy abilities.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and timely project delivery.
- Security conscious approach to software development and deployment.
- Ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives with minimum supervision.
- Ability to teach technology to end-users, with patience.
- Ability to problem solve application code and deployment issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; listen well.
- Collaboration: Must be able to work as part of a team and must work seamlessly with end-users, stakeholders, and developers.
- Attention To Details: Able to be alert in a high-risk environment; follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details, and organize and maintain a system of records.
- Persistence & Determination: Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles; demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
- End-user Focus: Able to demonstrate a high level of end-user empathy; do what is necessary to ensure end-user satisfaction; deal with domain specific requirements and prioritize end-user needs.
- Systematic Problem Solving: Able to apply systems thinking to generate solutions; focus on process rather than isolated events; obtain multiple assessments of a situation and be systematic in identifying trouble spots; use tools to define problems; evaluate alternative solutions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a contractor encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The contractor must perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a contractor to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
- The contractor must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- While performing the duties of this position, the contractor is required to:
- Frequently; sit, use fine finger dexterity, talk, and hear.
- Occasionally; stand, walk, reach with hands and arms.
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The contractor must perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
CURE CORE VALUES:
All contractors of CURE are expected to support and embody the following Core Values:
- Being Christlike – We value reflecting Jesus with compassion to those we serve.
- Being Childlike – We value a child’s passion for life and dependence on God in how we think, live, and love.
- Integrity – We value doing what we say and saying what we do.
- Restoring the Broken – We value taking action in responding to the physical and spiritual needs of those without voice and resources.
- Intentional Relationships – We value collaborative partnerships that cultivate trust and authenticity.
In addition, all contractors are required to perform the duties of their position in support of, and not in opposition to, CURE International’s Statement of Faith. Please click here to read our Statement of Faith.
The deadline is 15th April 2022.
🌀 Reba Imyanya y’Akazi yose iri kw’Isoko ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Reba Ibizamini byose by’Akazi biba byaragiye bikorwa kumyanya y’Akazi mu bigo bitandukanye unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
🌀 Injira muri Groupe ya WIDECareers ikugezaho Amakuru yizewe y’Imirimo itandukanye n’Akazi kari kw’Isoko Ry’Umurimo mu Rwanda , unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
UBU Biroroshyeeeeeeeeeeeee , Witindaa, Saba Service ushaka kuri WIDECareers Group Ltd byihuse unyuze hano : 👉🏾 KANDA HANO
💼 Interview Tips | Permanent TOP Ten (10) Interview Questions and how you can answer them , Click the Link to read more : 👉🏽 https://widecareers.com/permanent-top-ten-10-interview-questions-and-how-you-can-answer-them/
44 All the time, 1 To day