Senior Mobile Engineer (Android Kotlin) at One Acre Fund ( Deadline:16th October, 2022)
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truck loads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments and analyzing loan repayments.
Specific challenges that our mobile solutions have to overcome include:
- High usability requirements – targeting users with low technical proficiency
- Offline-first, to provide good experience with no or limited network connectivity
- Ability to run on cheap hardware
Our mobile technology is Android using Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, Couchbase Lite, JUnit, Sentry, and our tooling landscape is based on GitHub / JIRA / Slack / Azure DevOps / MS App Center.
- Report to our Field Services Team lead
- Work as part of a small, collaborative, and agile team of mobile developers
- Design, document, test, and support our mobile solutions according to our standards
- Ensure smooth progress of your projects
- Participate in your Agile team’s lifecycle
- Contribute to your department’s improvement by sharing knowledge, sharpening your skills, suggesting different ways of working and developing
- Provide technical mentoring to junior team members
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 6+ years of experience in Software Development
- Expert level in one or more mobile frameworks, ideally Android using Kotlin, with 3+ years of experience
- Be conversant with Android App Architecture,, including View Models and Dependency Injection with HILT
- Nice to have: Experience in Jetpack Compose , Jetpack Room, Jetpack Data Store and other Jetpack /Android X Libraries
- A mindset of testing and automation
- Experience working in Agile
- A passion for solving problems and a customer mindset
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
16 October 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
🌐 How to Apply
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Jobs /Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Recruitments & HR Managements Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 READ all career Opportunities across world wide Job Market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
3,022 All the time, 1 To day