Paid Internship opportunity Program for Green Investment Mobilization Support at The Global Green Growth Institute(Deadline: 23:59 KST 25/07/2022)
Location : Rwanda ,City Kigali
Contract Type: Internship
Salary scale : Internship
Contract Duration : 6 months
Job Reference INT_RW37-C1
The Global Green Growth Institute internship program (also called “Green Growth” Program) provides a unique learning opportunity for students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds. The program is designed for talented and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to GGGI’s operations. The program allows selected candidates to gain insight into the work of the Institute and provides assistance and training in various professional fields in a multicultural environment. We encourage qualified women and men nationals of developing countries, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
We are looking for a talented individual to work with us in the Rwanda Country Office to support Green Investment Mobilization to Support Rwanda’s Planned Expansion of the Volcanoes National Park (VNP) project
The assignment will include the following but not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will work closely under the overall guidance of the Rwanda Country Representative and under direct supervision of the Project manager and will be engaged in carrying out the following tasks.
- Support the project manager to map and explore funding opportunities and foster partnerships with key stakeholders including potential donors, sponsors and partners, available funding, and ongoing funding reforms etc. at the country and regional level to help achieve the project objectives.
- Identify opportunities for partnering with donors, European Members, International NGOs, and other organizations and support to organize local fundraising campaigns
- Recording and monitoring of potential donors and partners
- Monitor new calls for proposals, review the published ones, identify GGGI eligibility and coordinate the submission process ensuring applying best practices to submit winning proposals.
- Collect and collate information based on web research around multiple thematic areas in line with the project objectives.
- Support in conceptualizing and designing detailed proposals to support the Volcanoes National Park expansion project including supporting the review and coordination of feasibility studies for the park expansion program,
- Support in designing at least 2 thematic proposals
- Assist in preparing presentations and other material for meetings with various stakeholders
- Assist the country team to collect data on the state of carbon markets in Rwanda and the current capacities/opportunities to implement Article 6 provisions
- Support the planning, preparation, and implementation of awareness programs on article 6/carbon credits
Intern will also be required to execute other duties and assignments as entrusted by the country program.
Applicants to the GGGI internship program must at the time of application meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree program such as a PhD program or Master’s program prior to internship assignment, or a recent graduate within the last 12 months in environmental management, environmental economics, international development, natural resources management, or other related field.
- Have at least 1 publication as a leading author in a peer-reviewed journal
- Possess an excellent command of English and knowledge of Kinyarwanda.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATION
- Experience in data collection and analysis including strong ability to analyze, integrate and summarize information from a wide range of sources.
- Proven computer literacy in standard office software applications skills, as well as willingness to learn new tools.
- Experience in research and report writing is beneficial.
- Excellent English communication skills, particularly writing and/or editing experience in the field of energy efficiency, energy management, or related areas.
- Ability to work/deliver independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds and time zones.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- GGGI evaluates applications based on eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience (if any); and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work.
- Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Duration: The internship program is for six months. Once selected, interns must begin internship either prior to or within 12 months of graduation.
- Stipend: GGGI interns receive a monthly stipend of USD$500 per month. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Visa: GGGI will provide a supporting letter for visa. Interns will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: Intern will arrange and finance their travel to the internship location.
- Medical Insurance: Interns must present proof of valid medical insurance to GGGI upon returning the signed internship contract.
- Confidentiality: Interns must keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: Interns may get academic credit from their institution of higher education for the internship. Interns need to check with their university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
- Working Hours: Interns are expected to work during normal Rwanda working hours (8:00 – 17:00). Leave should be pre-approved by the Intern Manager, and the latter should inform the Office of HR accordingly.
- Learning Outcomes: Before completion of the internship, Intern Managers are expected to review the learning outcomes with the intern.
- Certificate: Provided upon successful completion of the internship, upon request.
🌐 How to Apply
🌀 JOIN NOW OUR CAREERS WhatsApp group to don’t miss any Opportunity : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 WIDECareers is your best partner that instantly provides to your business the following Services : Jobs /Career Advertising, Listing and Postings , other Recruitments & HR Managements Services : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE TO BOOK SERVICE NOW
🌀 READ all career Opportunities across world wide Job Market to day , 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
🌀 Get Useful study materials (LOJEQ Program) for Job Exam Preparation : 👉🏾 CLICK HERE
818 All the time, 1 To day